Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-08-2009, 09:48 AM

Default Nosler-Norma brass

Hello. Lately I've been looking for Nosler 300 Win. Mag. brass. It's hard to find anything, let alone the Nosler brass. I was at a gun show today and couldn't find any again. I did find 100 Norma brass though. Three fellows I spoke to said that Nosler brass is made by Norma and is the same thing. Is there any truth to this? The brass I bought was once fired and I paid $8 per 20 brass. Thanks, Eric
Old 03-08-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2381 View Post
Hello. Lately I've been looking for Nosler 300 Win. Mag. brass. It's hard to find anything, let alone the Nosler brass. I was at a gun show today and couldn't find any again. I did find 100 Norma brass though. Three fellows I spoke to said that Nosler brass is made by Norma and is the same thing. Is there any truth to this? The brass I bought was once fired and I paid $8 per 20 brass. Thanks, Eric
Joe Ponto at RPS International
carries Nosler brass, as well as Rick at Alberta tactical.
Both are members, PM them!
Cat
Old 03-08-2009, 10:08 AM

Supply from Nosler is the big problem.
According to Nosler it is NOT Norma brass, but who really knows?
What I do know having used both for a few years is that the Nosler brass is quite soft so hot loads can open up primer pockets easily, the Norma is quite a bit harder and lasts up very well, it is not quite as uniform so some brass prep may be required to get true match quality casings.
It was sad that Lapua quit making brass for the 300 win mag, why they would eludes me.

Extreme Accuracy at Extreme Long Range
Old 03-08-2009, 10:44 AM

The Nosler brass being soft makes what others say about Nosler sound true. That Federal makes it. But, like Rick said, who knows.

I have 50 Nosler 7mm rem mag brass. I've only had time to fire them once though. But, they do seem very uniform. They all weighed out very close, primers all seemed to go in with the same amount of resistance, necks were uniform in thickness. I hope the 7mm are durable like the Winchester brass is. I have heard alot of bad things about the 300 Win Mag brass from Nosler. Soft and inconsistent is what I'm hearing. I stopped using Federal brass cuz it's too soft for my liking. I've got the Norma sized and tumbling right now. Hopefully it works well.

Thanks for the info. Anybody else out there have info about Nosler brass?