Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 PM

Default Bushnell 6500 series scopes

I'm thinking of replacing an old scope and saw that Bushnell now has the 6500 series out. The 2.5 - 16 would be perfect for using in mixed forest with cutblocks. Has anyone had any experience with these scopes?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:05 PM

Don't own one, but I've looked thru one and to be honest it was difficult to believe it said Bushnell on it. Not a Bushnell fan but these look awful good. Seemed real solid, very good glass and buddy said the adjustments do exactly what they're supposed to and don't shift, ever. Heck of a range - think they'd make an outstanding varmint and open country scope. I was impressed - and that's not easy to do!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:42 PM

x2 with sbtennex I got to handle the same scope. Very clear bright image and as mentioned with the wide magnification range a very versatile scope.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:13 PM

I just bought one two weeks ago and I like it. Shot with it last Saturday. Eye relief is good, edge to edge clarity is excellent and focus is good right through from 2.5 to 16x. After bore sighting and getting it sighted in on paper I still have 30 MOA to play with for some long distance shooting.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:32 PM

They are good, nice scopes quality wise.

But - for me they don't serve much purpose really. I find them too big and too bulky as I don't really have an "all around" rifle that requires an "all around" magnification range.

For big game hunting I'm happy with a more compact scope, something in 2.5-8 or 3x9

For varmints I don't feel the need for that low of power. Once again I'm happy with a 4-12 or something like 5x15 that are once again more compact compared to the 2.5x16 bushnell.

The magnification range is great, just they are too bulky for me. Personal preference is all that is keeping me away from them.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:49 AM

I have the 4.5-30 50mm model used it all last season very happy with it so far and would buy another in a heartbeat.