Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 07:32 PM

Default Another Police Shooting That Will Cause Riots

Here we go again. She drew her handgun instead of her taser by mistake? Really? How many people will die because of this stupidity?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/us/br...ing/index.html
Old 04-12-2021, 08:49 PM

She was pretty amped up for sure. Wish for everyone's sake she knew the difference. I always wonder why they can't take their cue from the composed officers.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:36 PM

A quarter of a century and you don’t know where your gear is??? Absolutely ridiculous. Things like this give a lot of creedance to unarmed cops like the uk had/has.

Rioting on the other hand is also ridiculous. Doesn’t help anything.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:39 PM

I watched the news coverage of the 'protests', and all I saw were liquor and retail stores being looted. Because nothing shouts out 'Justice' like stealing everything in sight.

It's really unfortunate what happened, I don't know all the details of it, just what has been put on the news which we can assume is biased or wrong or one sided. But what is going to happen and is happening is worse.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-12-2021, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I watched the news coverage of the 'protests', and all I saw were liquor and retail stores being looted. Because nothing shouts out 'Justice' like stealing everything in sight.

It's really unfortunate what happened, I don't know all the details of it, just what has been put on the news which we can assume is biased or wrong or one sided. But what is going to happen and is happening is worse.
If he had done as he was instructed , he'd still be alive, end of story.

Grizz
Old 04-12-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Here we go again. She drew her handgun instead of her taser by mistake? Really? How many people will die because of this stupidity?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/us/br...ing/index.html
Maybe walk a mile in her shoes before you spew garbage
Old 04-12-2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Grizz
Maybe they should have shot that dude on the tractor too from a few months ago. The one who ran a checkstop and got away with it eventually (if I recall correctly), as well as making bank via donations. Common, seriously.

Really unfortunate “accident”, regardless of who the guy was (I only watched the body cam footage and didn’t read anything about it).
Old 04-12-2021, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims83cj5 View Post
Maybe walk a mile in her shoes before you spew garbage

Obviously the taser training centre was more than a mile.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:56 PM

I'm pretty much always in favor of the cops on these things but this one looks pretty bad. I can't say for sure what I would have done, I've never been in that situation. On the other hand, trying to drive away from cops who are trying to apprehend you, isn't a good idea.

Time for looting and riots to prove..... What does the looting prove again?
Old 04-13-2021, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Grizz
If the cop knew where her gun was he’d, probably still be alive. Other end of story.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
If the cop knew where her gun was he’d, probably still be alive. Other end of story.
Ya, and if he wasn’t running expired vehicle tags, didn’t have a warrant for his arrest, didn’t resist arrest, didn’t try taking off, he would probably be alive too.

I know, he was a good guy.

Let’s loot, seems like the best option
Old 04-13-2021, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Ya, and if he wasn’t running expired vehicle tags, didn’t have a warrant for his arrest, didn’t resist arrest, didn’t try taking off, he would probably be alive too.

I’m putting the responsibility on the cop. Chances are he wasn’t a good guy, all evidence points to the fact that he was a criminal and probably wasn’t a great guy. Guess what criminals do? They evade arrest, they run away. I don’t think it’s a big expectation to think a cop with 26 years should know where her gun is and where her taser is.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
I’m putting the responsibility on the cop. Chances are he wasn’t a good guy, all evidence points to the fact that he was a criminal and probably wasn’t a great guy. Guess what criminals do? They evade arrest, they run away. I don’t think it’s a big expectation to think a cop with 26 years should know where her gun is and where her taser is.
Thanks for your extensive insight snoop dog. I bet if you were in the same circumstance you would **** your pants and curl up in a ball crying for your mommy.

Oh ya, I bet he was a good guy

Last edited by crazy_davey; 04-13-2021 at 03:38 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:48 AM

Well nothing say's spring like a nation wide 3 month BLM looting and burning spree, you knew it was just a matter of time when they would have a reason to fire up, will see if the the MSM can drive this one as far as they did when Trump was in office.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Guess what criminals do? They evade arrest, they run away. .
Guess what happens when you don’t obey the law? Guess what happens when you try and run away from the law when you’re a criminal?
Old 04-13-2021, 04:14 AM

The guy acted like an idiot but his actions don’t justify being shot

The officer completely failed when it comes to basic safe control of a firearm and resulted in unintentionally discharging of their firearm at a human. Kinda thing is a big firearms safety no no

Major failure that should not have happened in my opinion
Old 04-13-2021, 05:14 AM

If the subject had to comply none of this would have happened, period. But of course he was on his way to turning his life around as usual. On the other side of it it's definitely a training issue and a policy issue. Wearing a CEW on the same side of your firearm is a big no no as well. Stuff like this would happen more often if it was a common practice.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:56 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

idiots cause riots...just need an excuse and wait...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-13-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Well nothing say's spring like a nation wide 3 month BLM looting and burning spree, you knew it was just a matter of time when they would have a reason to fire up, will see if the the MSM can drive this one as far as they did when Trump was in office.
Exactly, BLM hasn't rioted in awhile , and was just waiting for an excuse, and now some fool that doesn't know the difference between a taser and a handgun provides one for them.

Yes the suspect should have done as he was told, but how does an officer of over 20 years mistake a firearm for a taser? It usually takes multiple mistakes for an incident like this to occur, and this was no exception.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:18 AM

The riots have helped the BLM cause. There has been states that reformed there police service because of it.
This is exactly what they wanted. I hate seeing the riots but do you think peaceful protests do anything? Do you think writing letters does anything? They have been doing that for years with no results....
Old 04-13-2021, 07:18 AM

Quote:

He probably worked for free at a summer camp for underprivileged kids too.

I don't wish death on him, but his kid would have her father if he stopped and listened to the cop. That's what you do.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:27 AM

This Biden era of policing is clearly out of control. They really need to put their president to task.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
The riots have helped the BLM cause. There has been states that reformed there police service because of it.
This is exactly what they wanted. I hate seeing the riots but do you think peaceful protests do anything? Do you think writing letters does anything? They have been doing that for years with no results....
Yah nothing says BLM better then running out of a store you and your thug buddies torched with a 70" flat screen on your shoulder.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your extensive insight snoop dog. I bet if you were in the same circumstance you would **** your pants and curl up in a ball crying for your mommy.

Oh ya, I bet he was a good guy
Probably, then again I’m also not a cop with a quarter century of experience 🤷*♂️
Old 04-13-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Guess what happens when you don’t obey the law? Guess what happens when you try and run away from the law when you’re a criminal?
You get accidentally killed? You have a very low expectation of police if that’s the case. He may be a criminal but he didn’t deserve to be shot by a Barney fife cop who couldn’t be arsed to figure out what weapon they where holding.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
This Biden era of policing is clearly out of control. They really need to put their president to task.
He'll say it's Trump's fault...

Crazy world down there...
Old 04-13-2021, 10:39 AM

Seems that a common denominator in many of these cases is; the victim ( if they can be called that ), refused to comply with instructions from the police. For example, show me your hands. In the states a concealed hand very like holds a gun. Many LEO's in the U.S. die in exactly that way.

Phil, have you seen the news regarding riots in Montreal? We here in canuckistan have no right to be too smug.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:57 AM

The animals will riot at any chance for any reason. Free stuff run rampant burn buildings all in the name of BLM wooo!

Theirs (and sadly ours east) is a society where stupidity and mob rules are taking over, look at calm peaceful Montreal lately.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-13-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
You get accidentally killed? You have a very low expectation of police if that’s the case. He may be a criminal but he didn’t deserve to be shot by a Barney fife cop who couldn’t be arsed to figure out what weapon they where holding.
And the lady officer would agree with you 100%..if the dope didn't accidently flee, she would of never
accidently fired.
Lesson:
Don't attempt flee attempts while on a red flag lists(warrants) and have the odds of life mess with your day.

This is a case of a 100% genuine error with a disingenuous sneaky character.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
And the lady officer would agree with you 100%..if the dope didn't accidently flee, she would of never
accidently fired.
Lesson:
Don't attempt flee attempts while on a red flag lists(warrants) and have the odds of life mess with your day.

This is a case of a 100% genuine error with a disingenuous sneaky character.
FELONY warrant for aggravated Robbery...and runs into his vehicle!

Check out his 2 videos flashing a firearm and smoking a blunt...

Great kid for society?

Not a death warrant but thug brought it on himself...Tired of this crap already!
Closed Thread