Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-13-2021, 08:13 AM

I also have been using Rock Auto for years - I like to support local but the amount of markup is hard to justify. I usually perform a check on local prices but almost always end up buying from RA. Filters (air, oil and cabin) are really discounted. I have never had an issue and been recommending them for years.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfred View Post
I also have been using Rock Auto for years - I like to support local but the amount of markup is hard to justify. I usually perform a check on local prices but almost always end up buying from RA. Filters (air, oil and cabin) are really discounted. I have never had an issue and been recommending them for years.
I think that when you buy from Parts King or NAPA you are supporting a middleman instead of yourself. If the product is manufactured in the USA or some other country and you buy from Rock Auto you are the middle man. To qualify as shopping locally the product needs to be manufactured locally too. I am willing to pay a bit more for that but not because someone else was the importer or middleman.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:05 AM

Here's a 5% discount code.

Old 04-13-2021, 04:20 PM

Been using them for years as well, always happy with their service…Couple things I didn't see mentioned yet – There can be a big difference in quality between parts so when comparing prices with Parts King, etc. make sure the part is made by the same manufacturer. Also, once you order from them, they will periodically send you Wholesaler Closeout Parts notifications (usually btwn 20-75% discounted) specific to your vehicle(s). I just bought some good quality lower ball joints on closeout for $4.18 ea. You can almost always google a current 5% discount code.