Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-09-2021, 10:50 AM

Default Anybody else have trouble with YO Dave ?

I ordered a CZ bore guide from Yo Dave on March 5 after two weeks I sent an email requesting a tracking number

the reply

there are no tracking numbers with the standard $9 US shipping option, willing to bet you see it this week, 2-3 weeks seems to be the new normal

Since then, I've sent an email each week with no reply?

The total was $31.50 US a little strange since he's in BC? He charges $9 US ($11.50 CAN) then sends it at my risk in a $2 packet seems a little unfair.
I’m out $31.50 US the really frustrating part he has no phone number and won’t respond to emails
Old 04-09-2021, 11:01 AM

I did one order with him, it went fairly smooth, no issues.

The part didn`t fit my rifle although by rights it should have, so... (scratches head) Maybe it`s me, ordering the wrong part, or my rifle being as old as dirt that nothing fits anymore...
Old 04-09-2021, 02:45 PM

I have order quite a few things from him over the years. Yes, his shipping is high for Canadian customers, which is why I order a few things at a time, but the overall cost is still pretty darn low when you figure one kit will do at least two, and usually three guns. I would not respond to a weekly email from you either, what do you want him to tell you? He mailed it, it will either get here when CP feels like it or it won't come at all. If it isn't here in 60 days I am sure he will mail you a replacement. He has always been good to deal with. Worse comes to worse, contact your bank and have the credit card charge reversed for non-receipt of goods. The time limit is usually 90 days from date of order but check you card info for your specific bank.

Last edited by Dean2; 04-09-2021 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have order quite a few things from him over the years. Yes, his shipping is high for Canadian customers, which is why I order a few things at a time, but the overall cost is still pretty darn low when you figure one kit will do at least two, and usually three guns. I would not respond to a weekly email from you either, what do you want him to tell you? He mailed it, it will either get here when CP feels like it or it won't come at all. If it isn't here in 60 days I am sure he will mail you a replacement. He has always been good to deal with.
5 weeks to ship from BC?

Why US funds?

why not tracking?

I shouldn't have to wait 60 days for an email response

Anyway 2 hours after I posted on CGN I have a replacement coming seems I finally got his attention

Over the 3 weeks of silence I sent 6 emails if you haven't got time to answer one you shouldn't be in business
Old 04-09-2021, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have order quite a few things from him over the years. Yes, his shipping is high for Canadian customers, which is why I order a few things at a time, but the overall cost is still pretty darn low when you figure one kit will do at least two, and usually three guns. I would not respond to a weekly email from you either, what do you want him to tell you? He mailed it, it will either get here when CP feels like it or it won't come at all. If it isn't here in 60 days I am sure he will mail you a replacement. He has always been good to deal with.
5 weeks to ship from BC?

Why US funds?

why not tracking?

I shouldn't have to wait 60 days for an email response

Anyway 2 hours after I posted on CGN I have a replacement coming seems I finally got his attention

Over the 3 weeks of silence I sent 6 emails if you haven't got time to answer one you shouldn't be in business
Old 04-09-2021, 07:02 PM
Banned

Probably just gets it shipped direct from his supplier to you
Would explain why it takes so long
Why there is no answer to your question
And the price
Old 04-09-2021, 07:21 PM

I have dealt with him in the past with no problems. His supplies are pretty much over the counter hardware stuff and he does his own shipping.