Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-08-2021, 04:21 PM
Banned

Default FHA Auction April '21

They've started posting species in the catalogue. Soon the grades in our accounts?

http://furharvesters.com/auctioncatalogue.html
Old 04-10-2021, 06:50 AM

hopefully they find the time to update the accounts to reflect what was sold pt 5 months ago and the new fur that is graded as well before the sale.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:58 AM

The 5 month sales have been posted on the big check I got. I have not even bothered to cash it as I like to admire the big $$ number.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
hopefully they find the time to update the accounts to reflect what was sold pt 5 months ago and the new fur that is graded as well before the sale.
I emailed FHA to find out what sold PT and for how much. I read that someone else on this forum did it so that’s what I did.

The only fur that I had in there that didn’t sell and I sent more in is beaver. I compare the current auction with the last and figure out what the fur that I sent in graded. I did the same with NAFA.

I checked the catalog and there aren’t a lot of 1X Western Heavy coyotes in there. Only 10 of 33 pages pages I think it was. That’s not counting Semi, Med/Sm or Section III’s though. That doesn’t seem like a lot to me but I haven’t counted the numbers in the lots.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:52 PM
Banned

Grades are posted. Looking Darned good!
Old 04-12-2021, 07:34 AM

I had 84 beavers left over and about half of them now have lot numbers that arent in the catalog so I'm gonna assume they've been sold private treaty already. I gotta say I'm optimistic for once with this sale.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:53 AM

King, I am not to optimistic with April sale as we are peaking again with Covid numbers. Hopefully the July sale will be better numbers of international bidders.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:28 PM
Banned

With no international travel and a "stay at home" order in Ontario there won't be any physical inspection of the fur or in person bidding is my understanding. They've had a year to figure things out and at least one online auction in Europe that I read about was very successful with higher prices.

Online sales for Canada Goose has been strong over the past year so I suspect that the demand is there for our coyotes. Whether or not buyers are comfortable with buying sight unseen is another issue. I think that the market is poised to "POP" back to the prices that we've become accustomed to. Hopefully it starts with this auction.

My end season fur is headed to FHA on Wednesday. I don't want to miss out on the party.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:57 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
Awwww.... c’mon kingrat... dont be like that

Folks way more receptive to online bidding this year. What choice do they have if they cant find what they need in the country.

Still not hearing anything exciting on the Italian front.

Go Italy!!!

Go Rebellato!!!!

Come back!!!!
Old 04-12-2021, 11:57 PM
AO Sponsor

Go davey!!!!