Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-12-2021, 04:43 PM

Default Edmonton need new shingles

Always like to ask here first, maybe there are some fellow members in the roofing biz? Shingles are getting pretty old, hoping to replace this summer. Neighbourhood kicked in and helped a few.neighbours remove old shingles.... may be able to do the same. But getting up there in age, not sure im up for it.

Anyways, if you have a recomendation on an outfit to slap some new shingles on, i would appreciate any input.

Moose
Old 04-12-2021, 08:48 PM

Northern Roofing
780-893-1838

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 04-12-2021, 09:00 PM

Default PJ Roofing

Hi: This guy did my roof last year. PJ Roofing. Took his time. Explained how meticulous they do the nailing to ensure good shigle adherence. Cleaned up and did a nice job replacing rotten spots. My 25 year paper shingle gave up after 17 years.

He is not the cheapest, but he was a smart guy who took his time, took all OHS precautions. He is certified for BHP fibreglass shingles and they had lots of colours to choose from.

I would recommend and I get nothing from him for saying it.

I checked out 3 other companies in NE edmonton, and most were good. One outfit was a wreck and I avoided them.

Hoopi
Old 04-12-2021, 09:06 PM

Nomad Roofing did mine and a neighbors after a reference from a friend. They are excellent. They are not interested in being the cheapest, they just do quality work. I would definitely use them again.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:14 PM

A Clark roofing was good to me!
Old 04-12-2021, 09:18 PM

Try Alf's Roofing, 780-464-6464.

Did our roof a few years ago and a friends a year later. Very professional, fast, neat & cleaned up yard & troughs very well. Provided a detailed quote.
Went with the 50 year IKO Cambridge shingles.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinFwt View Post
Try Alf's Roofing, 780-464-6464.

Did our roof a few years ago and a friends a year later. Very professional, fast, neat & cleaned up yard & troughs very well. Provided a detailed quote.
Went with the 50 year IKO Cambridge shingles.
I would give another shout out to Alf's roofing. They did my house back in the early nineties and the shingles lasted until 2013 when I replaced them.

I went with Greenland roofing and exteriors to re-do my current shingles/soffit and fascia.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:27 PM
Banned

Try Sean at No Limits Construction 780 292 2458
Old 04-12-2021, 10:10 PM

Thanks all, gonna make some calls and get s few quotes.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:19 AM

I went through this last October. Based on previous recommendations, I got quotes from A. Clark and Alf's. The quotes were less than $100 apart. Although a company says they can get any brand you want, Alf's quoted me with IKO shingles and A. Clark with OC shingles. Some quick reviews and there were some people that did not like the IKO for what's it's worth. I went with A. Clark and was pleased with the results.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:47 PM

Went through this last summer as well. Did a search here to see who was recommended, then made calls n got estimates, particulars etc. from each Company (a lot of them named in this thread).

I happened to see Alberta Roofing and Renovations doing roof in my area, watched them work a bit and was impressed with their crew. Their estimate for comparable shingles and underlay materials was lower, so I went with them. Recommened them a few times now. They did a great job and cleaned up so well I couldn't even tell they were there.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:28 PM

another vote for Alf's
Did mine and I was completely satisfied. Good communication about schedule.