Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2024, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
I think it’s going to be LeBlanc.
He’s in the running for sure but Liberals like to float names to insider liberal friendly reporters and then the Liberals scan the data and response to see who will be most favourable for the election.

They do a lot of polling and confidential focus groups.

Party knows Trudeau is poison for the next election and want to put a new face in primarily as a scape goat for a perceived big election loss and at the same time hoping for a miracle.

They will also need to see if they put a sacrifice on the pedestal or put someone who would run again.

A whipping would make any interim leader a one and done guy.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-27-2024, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam View Post
My money is on bobble head Freeland.
Liberal polling shows she resonates poorly with voters. She would no win.

If they want a one and done interim leader she may get tapped as then she would not get affirmed at a future convention if she loses but Liberals can virtue signal that they now also have had a female leader.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-27-2024, 01:50 PM

The billion dollar question is what did Justin negotiate for with the Liberal party for his patronage appointment after he leaves? Canadas UN rep?

That I don’t know yet but waiting to find out.
Old 04-27-2024, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
The billion dollar question is what did Justin negotiate for with the Liberal party for his patronage appointment after he leaves? Canadas UN rep?

That I don’t know yet but waiting to find out.
He may not be the next prime minister but he will assign himself as the king of Canada.
Old 04-27-2024, 04:56 PM

They’re done. Call the election. The sooner it is, the better it’ll be for everyone.
Old 04-27-2024, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Do you mean ... for ... Not gaining very much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trudope.jpg (36.1 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg chrystiafreeland.jpg (31.6 KB, 90 views)

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 04-27-2024, 05:24 PM

When he's hanging by his ankles in front of Parliament, I'll believe it.....maybe
Old 04-27-2024, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Dear Lord please no, listening to that squeaking voice whine (Mr. Speaker) is like fingernails on a chalk board for me.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-27-2024, 06:20 PM

Jagmeet all the way --- he holds the cards on calling an election so he barters himself in as the new leader of coalition of the weasels as he is the remaining weasel.

Can you imagine the leverage the NDP would use on the new person to not force a quick election. Perfect storm for the dippers Trudeau stepping down and a new person having to deal with the coalition agreement.
Old 04-27-2024, 06:53 PM

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canadas-tr...173456310.html

One needs to start watching for these stories. The Liberal spin doctors don’t allow posting of a story that suggests Trudeau thinks of quitting.

It’s a set up. Put the question out there but he’s too strong a man to quit. Too much to do. Needs to defend democracy… but it’s hard and he’s made sacrifices and still has more to do.

Then will come stories on what he’s done. How much he’s accomplished and how he’s setting up Canada for the better.

Then comes a story that he has done so much and hit his main hurdles and maybe others turn to carry the ball so he can settle down and enjoy the $180 MM he made while in office.

Then comes his epiphany that he has done more than enough and his legacy will live on through the interim leader.

At the same time a few stories about the odd cabinet minister as to their leadership qualities will hit liberal friendly reporters.

Liberal insiders will watch for critical negative news about each one.

Then when their are ready to pull the trigger on an interim leader, Trudeau will announce he wants to move onto new challenges and help Canadians from another role…

Then his new plush patronage job will be granted by the interim leader…

Then next stop Election City.

Quote:
Reuters
Canada's Trudeau says he often mulls quitting his 'crazy job,' but will stay on
Reuters
Updated March 15, 2024·1 min read

Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau takes part in a climate change conference in Ottawa
OTTAWA (Reuters) -Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, whose Liberals are trailing badly in the polls, on Friday said he thought about quitting his "crazy job" every day but insisted he would stay in office until the next election.

That vote must be held by October 2025 and recent surveys of public opinion show the Liberals would be crushed by the right-of-center Conservatives. Pollsters say voters are tiring of Trudeau, who first took office in November 2015.

"I could not be the man I am and abandon the fight at this point," he told French-language broadcaster Radio-Canada in a lengthy interview.

Asked whether he thought about quitting, he laughed and replied: "I think about quitting every day. It's a crazy job I'm doing, making the personal sacrifices.

Trudeau continued: "Of course, it's super tough, it's super not great at times. But my God, the path we're on is so precarious, democracies are under such attack around the world."

The Conservatives say they will ax a carbon tax introduced by the Liberals, address the government's budget deficit, tackle a housing crisis and crack down on crime.

The carbon tax is due to go up again on April 1 and Trudeau reiterated the government would not heed calls from some provincial premiers to freeze the increase.

"I entered politics not to be popular, not for personal reasons, (but) because I want to serve and I know I have something to offer," he said.

Last year, Trudeau and his wife Sophie announced they were separating after 18 years of marriage.

(Reporting by David LjunggrenEditing by Nick Zieminski and Rosalba O'Brien)
Old 04-27-2024, 07:00 PM

They will try anything to get a vote.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Can’t say but it’s the plan in action now for the Liberals.

Watch the spin coming shortly to a TV set near you I’m sure.

What do you mean you "Can't say"?

Are you saying you have no proof to your claim?

Or are you being held by others to some kind of secrecy, yet this inner circle has allowed you to start the rumor?

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 04-27-2024, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
What do you mean you "Can't say"?

Are you saying you have no proof to your claim?

Or are you being held by others to some kind of secrecy, yet this inner circle has allowed you to start the rumor?
Start a rumour Justin is the Messiah and we will see who’s correct.

Old 04-27-2024, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
They will try anything to get a vote.
They will.

Question is who will they vilify next for a vote.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Liberal polling shows she resonates poorly with voters. She would no win.

If they want a one and done interim leader she may get tapped as then she would not get affirmed at a future convention if she loses but Liberals can virtue signal that they now also have had a female leader.

This is exactly why I say it will be her. The libs will pull a Kim Campbell.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:26 PM

Quote:
This is exactly why I say it will be her. The libs will pull a Kim Campbell.
It’s possible right now. Liberals are leaning in a direction. Just don’t know which way yet.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
I call BS on that. I’ll believe it when I see it. I will gladly eat crow but that moron is too power hungry, arrogant, self serving, narcissistic etc etc.
This!
Old 04-28-2024, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
I call BS on that. I’ll believe it when I see it. I will gladly eat crow but that moron is too power hungry, arrogant, self serving, narcissistic etc etc.
I agree with you. I don't see anywhere this is being said by legitimate sources. Sounds like guessing to me. May happen, but I'm from Missouri ..... show me or I don't believe it.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:14 AM

More of these “self-reflection” interviews are coming.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/what...tion-1.6864922

All part of making a face saving case that he is leaving… not because he has become the most hated politician in Canada of all time because of his own parties American style divisive politics… but for some other contrived reason.

Most won’t care what he says so long as he goes.

This article is interesting as he blames his family troubles because of his job and not himself.

Quote:
But when it's time to lay down arms, he told Freakonomics Radio, he plans to return to his roots.
"I'd still be a teacher," he said. "I will look to teach again in one way, shape or form."
Old 04-28-2024, 10:16 AM

Quote:
More of these “self-reflection” interviews are coming.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/what...tion-1.6864922

All part of making a face saving case that he is leaving… not because he has become the most hated politician in Canada of all time because of his own parties American style divisive politics… but for some other contrived reason.

Most won’t care what he says so long as he goes.

This article is interesting as he blames his family troubles because of his job and not himself.

One thing that has always been very clear to Trudeau is that whatever goes wrong is not his fault.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
One thing that has always been very clear to Trudeau is that whatever goes wrong is not his fault.
He seems willing to apologize for everyone but himself.
Old 04-28-2024, 12:21 PM

The clown that is running Canada into the ground.

mad-magazine by Piker Golf, on Flickr

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-29-2024, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpete1 View Post
Me too , but not till after he's taxes 67% on his stolen 100 million.
Whats the deal on that, his net worth has gone up like $90M in the last eight years on a $400k annual salary?
Old 04-29-2024, 08:11 AM

Smile Folks you are now part of the plan!

This "will he or won't he" , who will be the next leader, will he/she be an MP, and anything else that will push PP off the front page is part of the plan. The government can call an election when ever they want, and they won't want until they think that they can win!

I don't think that Alberta is in play so we won't see a lot of action out here, but in ridings that they think that they can win, either from the NDs of the UCPs , you will see visits and your money spread around "liberally" to coin a phrase!

If there is an election this year I think that it will be in the summer, so soon. More likely next summer, so here's what might happen, JT resigns "to spend more time with his family" he may even resign his seat. If there is a by-election the Libs will win it so nothing to see there. You can get an interim leader who is NOT a candidate for the next leader, people like Marc Carney will float their names around to see how much of the JT hate sticks to them. They will like to keep this type of speculation going as long as possible. Sort of a cathartic for the PM.

The plan is to keep PP out of the spotlight and to rev up as much support for their new leader as possible. They will want to target seats that they can win from either the UCP or more likely the NDs. I don't know yet what seats they are but we will all soon know.

Remember that this is all about winning and these guys are very good at it. We will be hearing a lot about this for the next year. No elections in the winter, spring or fall either so that leaves summer, guess which year.

I'm guessing next year so that they can get as much free publicity as possible before an election, which by all accounts they should lose, but don't bet on it, at least not yet.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:41 AM

Carney is getting air time as a potential successor to Justin.

https://nationalpost.com/news/conser...0board%20chair.

Polling will be critical.

If the liberal polling shows a candidate has a chance to win then they will get the nod as interim.

If no one is seen as capable of righting the Trudeau Train Wreck… then a sacrificial candidate will come in and the party will start planning a re-shining of the liberal brand. The most ethical guy in the liberal party is Anthony Housefather. I’d worry if he got in. The rest are sheep or crooks or invisible.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Can’t be Carney. Must be from the cabinet. Otherwise it will be seen as undemocratic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interim_leader_(Canada)

Maybe they can’t even select a leader who hasn’t been elected yet. An interim leader is temporary until a convention but they can lead an election. A scape goat to blame most likely.

You would have to be crazy to lead a sinking ship of a waterfall right now.
So did your inside sources change their mind on it being a cabinet member?
Old 04-29-2024, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Carney is getting air time as a potential successor to Justin.

https://nationalpost.com/news/conser...0board%20chair.

Polling will be critical.

If the liberal polling shows a candidate has a chance to win then they will get the nod as interim.

If no one is seen as capable of righting the Trudeau Train Wreck… then a sacrificial candidate will come in and the party will start planning a re-shining of the liberal brand. The most ethical guy in the liberal party is Anthony Housefather. I’d worry if he got in. The rest are sheep or crooks or invisible.
That story was out before you started this thread
Old 04-29-2024, 12:45 PM

Wink

Quote:
Can’t say but it’s the plan in action now for the Liberals.

Watch the spin coming shortly to a TV set near you I’m sure.
Seems like the LPC is already trialing their messaging on the only reliable source of news and political info on the interwebs - the AO Forum
Old 04-29-2024, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
That story was out before you started this thread
Yes. The plan has been in play for while. Stories like this with liberal friendly reporters was happening and will ramp up.

Liberals are playing the long game on this.
Old 04-29-2024, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailraat View Post
Seems like the LPC is already trialing their messaging on the only reliable source of news and political info on the interwebs - the AO Forum
Is that why the site was down?