Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-23-2018, 07:42 AM

Default Peep site

Thinking of getting rid of my peepsite wondering if anyone shoots without one with sites?
Old 06-23-2018, 03:29 PM

LOSTarrow does. But then, heís been shooting everything with a bow since before most of us were born. Naturally his results (including a couple double robin hoods at 20 and some big game kills out at close to 100) are impressive as all hell, but for the average guy itís a bad idea. The amount of practice it takes is mind-boggling, and even with practice not everyone has the aptitude for it.

Whatís wrong with your peep?
Old 06-23-2018, 04:01 PM

Keeps turning on me. Always have to turn the d loop to 90 degrees prior to pulling string back or canít see through it. Used to shoot instinctively back in the day with a recurve and the peep just seems like one more thing to go wrong. Was just wondering if it made that much difference. Thx for the reply will look into fixing it.

Last edited by pikeslayer22; 06-23-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:35 PM

Take it to a bow shop, that sounds like your peep/loop/string needs adjustment. I just had my peep and loop replaced at Jim Bows, and it made a big difference!
Old 06-23-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
Keeps turning on me. Always have to turn the d loop to 90 degrees prior to pulling string back or canít see through it. Used to shoot instinctively back in the day with a recurve and the peep just seems like one more thing to go wrong. Was just wondering if it made that much difference. Thx for the reply will look into fixing it.
Take it to a shop and get it fixed. It's an easy fix, just put in or take out a half a twist usually. If you get it fixed and the peep keeps rotating on you then it is a tell tale sign that your string is unstable and should be replaced.

Norm
Old 06-25-2018, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
Thinking of getting rid of my peepsite wondering if anyone shoots without one with sites?
Got rid of my peep in 2001 (or about then) and haven't installed another since. But then again, I do use No-peep / Anchor sight / IQ bow sights to replace the peep.... Shoot just as accurately as my hunting partners (lots of times a little more accurate) well beyond normal hunting ranges

There are alternatives to a peep people.... Just saying

J.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
Got rid of my peep in 2001 (or about then) and haven't installed another since. But then again, I do use No-peep / Anchor sight / IQ bow sights to replace the peep.... Shoot just as accurately as my hunting partners (lots of times a little more accurate) well beyond normal hunting ranges

There are alternatives to a peep people.... Just saying

J.
Am interested in going peepless as well... Of those three (PNP/Anchor/IQ), which do you prefer the most?
Old 06-25-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Am interested in going peepless as well... Of those three (PNP/Anchor/IQ), which do you prefer the most?
Not sure you could find a No-peep anymore; haven't seen one for sale for a couple of years (discontinued). Anchor sight still being sold and can be used with any sight (sliders included). IQ sights have the no-peep system built into a 4 pin / 7 pin model.

I have also heard that there's another well known company out there that has incorporated the no-peep technology into it's pin sights as well, but I can't remember the name of the company.

I used the no-peep alignment device with a Trophy Ridge vertical pin sight as well as a PSE slider sight.

The advantage of the Anchor sight alignment device is that you can use it with any existing pin sight that is on your bow, vertical/horizontal/slider/etc. You could even use it with the new, over-priced Garmin ranging sights.

If I didn't already own an IQ sight, I'd be looking at the Anchor sight as an alignment device - that way I could choose the sight pin configuration that I wanted and still shoot peep-less.

J.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:42 AM

ive tried the no-peep and iq sight (which is basically the same just smaller and built into the sight) but by far my favorite is the anchorsight by archeryinnovations

so many advantages to hunting it's a no brainer imo

****1000 Club****

The Unofficially Official DEER CLUB for BOWHUNTERS.
Any combination of deer species
P&Y measuring standards, Net Inches Only
Meeting the P&Y minimums to qualify
Up to 7 deer totalling 1000" or higher
1000 is Level 1, 2000, 3000...is attainable!

1000 Club w/6, also 700 Muley Club(w/bow), 1 deer away from 2000 Club!
Old 06-25-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
LOSTarrow does. But then, heís been shooting everything with a bow since before most of us were born. Naturally his results (including a couple double robin hoods at 20 and some big game kills out at close to 100) are impressive as all hell, but for the average guy itís a bad idea. The amount of practice it takes is mind-boggling, and even with practice not everyone has the aptitude for it.

Whatís wrong with your peep?
Ya, he calls them training wheels, haha.
I use the Anchor sight, no peep thing.
I like it.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:00 AM

Contact Lynn Asher at Archery Innovations, like mentioned I like this device. I use it with a peep, but it tells me a lot of information very quickly while shooting.

Proper anchor
Proper grip
Torquing?
Cams timed

So simple yet lots of valuable information.

While setting one up, have a buddy assist, DO NOT REMOVE THE PEEP, only remove the peep once you have it all setup and tested.

LC