Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2018, 08:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter64 View Post
Horrible refereeing . It is sad to see a really good game decided by incompetent officiating. Wouldn't surprise me at all to here more about this in the weeks to come.

The ref made a right call. Swedish defender who committed such useless foul at that crucial time should have himself to blame. It was heartbreaking though.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter64 View Post
Horrible refereeing . It is sad to see a really good game decided by incompetent officiating. Wouldn't surprise me at all to here more about this in the weeks to come.
Sometimes I think I'm seeing or recognizing refs from the WWF on the soccer pitch. Lol
Old 06-24-2018, 08:28 AM
Banned

Fantastic England!!! they hack through the next round
Old 06-24-2018, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robson3954 View Post
Not really. The Germans owned that game so if they won off a set piece from a foul it shouldn’t be a big deal. I felt it was a pretty clean game and fairly called. Recall that he did give that red which was warranted
Yes it was a Pretty game , The Ref made a good call
Old 06-24-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Sometimes I think I'm seeing or recognizing refs from the WWF on the soccer pitch. Lol
I don't know ........ other than the Italian ref who refused to look at video replays in the Spain / Portugal game which would have exposed the diving and cheating (giving Portugal a tie) almost every single game seemed to have reasonable officiating.

Reffing isn't the issue this tournament. At least not so far ....
Old 06-24-2018, 02:32 PM

World Class Sport
Attached Images
File Type: jpg soccer players.jpg (50.3 KB, 28 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-24-2018, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have recorded all the games and watched most of them, a few brutal holding calls not made, one directly resulted in a goal, the others missed opportunity. As far as "dives" go every team could have been called on at least one or two blatant ones. Can't believe the missed calls at this level.

Last edited by bobalong; 06-24-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:43 PM

Really good game this morning between Senegal and Japan. Both teams went end to end and played very well. Both teams were better than expected for me.

Just finished watching the Poland vs. Columbia game - Unfortunately the result is what I expected to see. Have a few polish co-workers devastated and shocked .....

An exit was a high probability in the first round despite Poland's FIFA #8 in the world ranking. These rankings, as usual have serious flaws quite often. Don't get me wrong - Poland is a decent and competitive team - they aren't better than Spain, Mexico, Denmark, Netherlands, England or Italy as the rankings would have you believe.

Colombia was just that much stronger and when the game had to "open up" the inevitable just came quicker.

Heartbreaking for them .... they will come back stronger and learn from this.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Really good game this morning between Senegal and Japan. Both teams went end to end and played very well. Both teams were better than expected for me.

Just finished watching the Poland vs. Columbia game - Unfortunately the result is what I expected to see. Have a few polish co-workers devastated and shocked .....

An exit was a high probability in the first round despite Poland's FIFA #8 in the world ranking. These rankings, as usual have serious flaws quite often. Don't get me wrong - Poland is a decent and competitive team - they aren't better than Spain, Mexico, Denmark, Netherlands, England or Italy as the rankings would have you believe.

Colombia was just that much stronger and when the game had to "open up" the inevitable just came quicker.

Senegal vs Japan was indeed a very good game. The Senegalese were lucky to not to have lost the game. Going forward they are very good, they created few chances and they were lucky to covert just two, but I think there is a lot for them to do defensively. They were leading Japan at 70th min and yet they went on to concede a goal they could have prevented. They need to work on their defensive line if they want to qualify in that group.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:

To be frank, and without being racist; Poland simply does not have the multicultural player base that many of these teams have. It is evident that our players are slow compared to some of those fast runners that England, Portugal, France and Colombia have. We need to start inviting more immigrants into Poland so they can raise good soccer players haha. And of course get some better training with each other. They just did not know how to pass the ball or even keep it away. How many times did Lewandowski have to backtrack to get the ball, and the amount of missed passes reminds me of playing FIFA 14 on the PS3.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:57 AM

91A48919-72F8-4D2F-8CC1-5FC7C19B15C8.jpg

Just a giggle about soccer.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
To be frank, and without being racist; Poland simply does not have the multicultural player base that many of these teams have. It is evident that our players are slow compared to some of those fast runners that England, Portugal, France and Colombia have. We need to start inviting more immigrants into Poland so they can raise good soccer players haha. And of course get some better training with each other. They just did not know how to pass the ball or even keep it away. How many times did Lewandowski have to backtrack to get the ball, and the amount of missed passes reminds me of playing FIFA 14 on the PS3.
I found it interesting that Poland was slated to play in Katyn.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
I found it interesting that Poland was slated to play in Katyn.
I think you're misreading. Kazan and Katyn are not the same lol. Although I would not be surprised if they did decide to have a match in Katyn ( if they even had a stadium) since there were massacres there twice already (1940's and 2010).
Old 06-25-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal View Post
fifa 2018 world win will be Germany
No way, Belgium will come through!
Old 06-26-2018, 03:46 AM

Great Portugal and Iran game. Much closer than I thought, I was kind of expecting a blowout. The Iran love after for 10 minutes was a bit much for me, not sure what that was all about.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
No way, Belgium will come through!

Not sure it will be Belgium, Belgium has not gone through a tough Test
Old 06-27-2018, 10:22 AM

Germans just have terrible luck in Russia.. I think Korean goalie deserves some kind of a national medal
Old 06-27-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagen1645 View Post
Not sure it will be Belgium, Belgium has not gone through a tough Test
Belgium was through at the end of their last game - with 6 points they are mathematically already confirmed.

The last game is irrelevant and they will likely rest their stronger players and let the bench play and stretch their legs - kind of like Croatia did with Iceland yesterday.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-71 View Post
Germans just have terrible luck in Russia.. I think Korean goalie deserves some kind of a national medal
I am stunned.

I wonder what the betting line was on that one - likely 40:1 - image what that bet paid off ........ lol.

My top picks now have to be revised. Spain, Belgium, Mexico and Croatia.

Brazil and Portugal are, in my opinion, weaker compared to the 4 above this tournament - but they are, as always, a wild card - if they get rewarded for diving and antics - like they usually do - they might keep moving forward.

Hopefully Video replay reduces this element of influence.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal View Post
fifa 2018 world win will be Germany
War wohl nix. Kudo Korea
Old 06-27-2018, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
I am stunned.

I wonder what the betting line was on that one - likely 40:1 - image what that bet paid off ........ lol.

My top picks now have to be revised. Spain, Belgium, Mexico and Croatia.

Brazil and Portugal are, in my opinion, weaker compared to the 4 above this tournament - but they are, as always, a wild card - if they get rewarded for diving and antics - like they usually do - they might keep moving forward.

Hopefully Video replay reduces this element of influence.
you need to change your top picks because this world cup is full of upset. where the top rated teams have slim chances because every team came prepared
Old 06-27-2018, 12:14 PM

My money has been on Belgium since the start!
Old 06-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Banned

Goodbye Germany
Old 06-27-2018, 03:47 PM
Banned

Default Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
My money has been on Belgium since the start!
Don't be surprised if Belgium gets knockout in the next round. This World Cup is full of surprises.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-71 View Post
Man no kidding, good game mostly played in the Korean end. It is fun to hear the announcers have to eat crow when they already have their favorite team winning the game before it starts. Kind of like the US election a couple of years ago.

Hard to pick a winner now, the year of the upsets.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagen1645 View Post
you need to change your top picks because this world cup is full of upset. where the top rated teams have slim chances because every team came prepared
You are probably right - there will be further carnage in the form of stunning upsets. There always is.

There is no safe bet.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:13 AM

France Beats Argentina in the first elimination game in the round of 16.

Very entertaining game.

Why Argentia's coach refuses to start Aguero and Higauain remains a mystery to me - put's Aguero out and minutes later he scores ........ and Argentina, immediately, becomes stronger offensively and executes a number of key attacks.

Unfortunately to little, far too late.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:45 AM

Wow.....RUSSIA!!!

Spain is going home
Old 07-01-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
Wow.....RUSSIA!!!

Spain is going home
I just finished watching that too ....... omg

Frustrating to watch Spain completely control the game, at a level never seen before in an elimination round, but do absolutely nothing offensively.

JUST WOW
Old 07-01-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I just finished watching that too ....... omg

Frustrating to watch Spain completely control the game, at a level never seen before in an elimination round, but do absolutely nothing offensively.

JUST WOW
X2 that is why I find it such a frustrating game. Spain was clearly the superior team, yet they are going home.

Thomas Sowell