Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-09-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy17 View Post
got both my QAD HDX and my anchor sight installed today. So far so good. made some adjustments and tuned up the anchor sight (bit of a pain at first but then I got it) and Im already shooting better than i was, Mind you only at 10 yards, I'll go out to SPFGA on monday morning to fiddle around some more and do some 3D.

I like the drop away more than the stock "brush" rest that came with the Carbon Icon.
Hi can you please explain what you like more about the new rest? What do you think it does better? How are your groups maybe after a few times to dial it in? Any draw backs?
Old 06-09-2018, 04:55 PM

So far I've only shot a few rounds at 10 yards at Jim Bows after they set up the rest and the anchor site and a few more times when i got home.

I found the stock rest that came with my bow allowed the arrow it potentially "bounce around" or "catch a fletch" when shooting. There were a few times shooting my original rest where I could hear a fletch catch, didn't happen often, maybe 2 or 3 times but so far haven't had any problems with the QAD.

I made some adjustments when I got back to my house and definitely shooting tighter groups. I'll be going out on monday morning to SPFGA to shoot some more at long range so I should get an even better idea.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy17 View Post
So far I've only shot a few rounds at 10 yards at Jim Bows after they set up the rest and the anchor site and a few more times when i got home.

I found the stock rest that came with my bow allowed the arrow it potentially "bounce around" or "catch a fletch" when shooting. There were a few times shooting my original rest where I could hear a fletch catch, didn't happen often, maybe 2 or 3 times but so far haven't had any problems with the QAD.

I made some adjustments when I got back to my house and definitely shooting tighter groups. I'll be going out on monday morning to SPFGA to shoot some more at long range so I should get an even better idea.
anchorsight tip, draw your bow cold first time, eyes closed, several times a day and the idea is to have that anchorsight adjusted to when you open your eyes it's bang on....set to your natural anchor position

then you start moving pins and dialing in...

if your string starts to stretch you'll know as it's no longer lining up properly, or you'll know something else may be wrong too but it will show you that

when you see how the anchorsight and your pins match each other in terms of visibility into the last minutes of legal light you'll be very impressed and glad you've given this a try

yes you'll shoot tighter groups, lots notice that right away, but in time and use your speed to shot sequence will be faster also (again, a benefit to hunting), combined with that low light advantage also....the anchor sight is an awesome tool for hunting!

you're as good as your practice with your equipment. two equal hunters with peep vs anchorsight and equal proficiency, the anchor sight user will be faster to shot sequence and also do it right until end of legal light like light almost isn't an issue anymore

****1000 Club****

The Unofficially Official DEER CLUB for BOWHUNTERS.
Any combination of deer species
P&Y measuring standards, Net Inches Only
Meeting the P&Y minimums to qualify
Up to 7 deer totalling 1000" or higher
1000 is Level 1, 2000, 3000...is attainable!

1000 Club w/6, also 700 Muley Club(w/bow), 1 deer away from 2000 Club!
Old 06-11-2018, 08:56 AM

Make 2 moves maybe, from the biscuit to a semi bristle, I went to a Quick Tune 360.
Get used to that for a bit them move to a full drop away.
Iím halfway to this transition, still have the QT 360 on my bow.
I may switch to a full drop away in time, but Iím happy with this so far.

TBark
Old 07-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Certain things in hunting are a given imo. Like you can choose to drive a silverado, f-150, tundra, titan or a RAM...no brainer right? The Ram should be the obvious choice for any Alberta Hunter.

When a product is so well named it's really hard to ignore. Like whisker biscuit for example...let that roll off your tongue a few times. Mmmm...see?

Maybe the best named product in all of hunting. Not only that but it's actually the best hunting rest available, has been since it came out, and not sure it can be beat.

Drop aways are all crap. I've got some high dollar rests, custom hamskea and the like sitting in a box. Want one? Utter crap.

He drives a Dodge (rust buckets) and recommends whisker biscuit
Old 07-09-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
He drives a Dodge (rust buckets) and recommends whisker biscuit
haha, one must say what he drives if he is going to slag something as awesome as the ram

****1000 Club****

The Unofficially Official DEER CLUB for BOWHUNTERS.
Any combination of deer species
P&Y measuring standards, Net Inches Only
Meeting the P&Y minimums to qualify
Up to 7 deer totalling 1000" or higher
1000 is Level 1, 2000, 3000...is attainable!

1000 Club w/6, also 700 Muley Club(w/bow), 1 deer away from 2000 Club!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:03 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
haha, one must say what he drives if he is going to slag something as awesome as the ram
Jeep, Ford, Nissan,Subaru

Just drive down the street and watch the bumpers on Rams that are more then a few years old..pretty much tells the tale.