Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Banned

Uhhh...go to customer service at the bottom of the page. They give you the option of phone contact or chat.
This is current. I had a delivery issue on Friday and it was rectified immediately.
As to the product in question I have mixed feelings. I really can't understand anyone who purchases a product, leaves it for months sitting in the box and doesn't at least try it out to see if it works, even if they don't intend on using it right away.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
Prime is still free. They have a minimum $25 order value to get the one day or same day delivery on some things, but I haven’t run into a single Prime item where I needed to pay shipping.
I used to order all my office supplies and yes they were free.
have a look at ink for printers
not no more
Old 12-01-2020, 11:46 AM

I got ahold of the company, and after telling me to do what I already did, plus I did more he laughed and said they were just failed bulbs. I pay to get them to him, he pays to send me a new set back.
He was actually a really nice guy, so I set him up with a Distributor buddy in Edmonton and Richmond, they may have an entire new network in Western Canada now, and my friends have a nother line to add to their catalog.

win win minus a few $ for shipping.

Boycott amazon?

I need some gorilla tape. Can't find it in Lloydminster online, (can tire, walmart, napa, prin auto) and to drive there (70 miles) and look around, half a day gone, $25 in fuel, waste of time that may end up with 0 results. Amazon- will be here in 2 days. You guys that live in the cities have the choice of looking in a dozen or hundred stores if you like for a product, but for the odd obscure thing it is invaluable, and even better when the Alberta distribution centers open up. I will continue to use it for my own benefit, but on certain electronic items I will try to buy direct, try to buy 'local' and if I have to buy from amazon, will test asap.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-01-2020, 12:52 PM

Your money go to someone. Whether it's Bezos or Gates, or Trudeou, or Kim Chon Sun... Unless you really dislike someone particular i don't see what's the big fuss about it.
Yes, Amazon tactics is predatory, and yes, there are some lawsuits brewing.
Saying it's a plight of the modern times because it destroys brick and mortar - well, the not so latest news is, those BnM stores were going down the drain on its own for a while, since corporate figured online sales bring more cash and costs less to manage. Amazon isn't to blame.
And all those mom-pops stores... Where do you think they are getting their stuff? So for those willing to pay someone for the service of giving your money to Bezos, getting chinesium-made goods from him, and giving those goods to you - it's must be nice to be able to afford to have principles, even when they are "see no evil" kind.

Lots of complaints seem to be first world problems. Got the defective item - exchange it. If it's past due because you chose to leave it on the shelf for 6 months - it's on you. I doubt it very much any brick and mortar stores would exchange it or take it back either. Yes, you can browbeat that poor-near-the-minimum-wage worker who would rather take the item back instead of having hysterical customer yelling inside the store, but really, how good it is for your karma?
Free prime still works. yes, with the minimum of $25, but really, who's using Amazon to buy a box of matches? And if you end up being charged for the delivery it's on you for not reading terms and conditions.

Amazon is one of those "new realities" in our life, has been widespread for the last 5-10 years. It's up to you to accept it for what it is and use it to your advantage... Or ignore it, avoid it, boycott it.
I know what i have to do for my money. I have family, relatives who I'd choose to help first over any mom/pop/etc stores, no matter how much of the pillar of the community they are/were. And if Amazon lets me keep more money in my pocket - guess what I'll be using.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:04 PM

Try standing in a rural post office line-up, outside in the snow, to pick up parcels, and you'll quickly appreciate Amazons 'right-to-your door' delivery!

We use Amazon a lot, and have returned a couple of things - any minor problems immediately resolved.

We get emails tracking the packages right to our door, and then a photo of the item on our doorstep immediately after the delivery. I'm sure our delivery guy has a local family to feed, as does the worker in the Amazon Distribution Centre.

And if Trudeau sends more of my taxpayer money to Afghanistan to look good amongst his elitist friends, then I can spend some $$ on Chinese junk without guilt!
Old 12-01-2020, 05:13 PM
Banned

Last edited by savageguy model 111; 12-01-2020 at 05:16 PM. Reason: dose not matter to me
Old 12-01-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Uhhh...go to customer service at the bottom of the page. They give you the option of phone contact or chat.
This is current. I had a delivery issue on Friday and it was rectified immediately.
As to the product in question I have mixed feelings. I really can't understand anyone who purchases a product, leaves it for months sitting in the box and doesn't at least try it out to see if it works, even if they don't intend on using it right away.

This was something that was beyond my control. I bought them, they were late getting here and I needed lights. I put others in.
Then SHTF and I sold the truck.

I have learned my lesson about not immediately testing anything I buy form now on.
Additionally who gives a crap how long it sits when 50,000 hr guarantee and 1 year warranty is offered.

When I spoke to the guy that owns the company I expected nothing and was pleasantly surprised.

I guess you do not partake in any sports huh? The fishin hole has a boxing day sale, as well as black friday and so on, like all the other companies. When you drop $8500 at 25% off buying radar, fish finders and gear and can not test it until the ice is off, is that stupid too?

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-01-2020, 05:56 PM

There are actually Canadian companies that sell on Amazon even in our own province, I know a couple things I buy on there on a regular basis come from family owned companies right in Saskatchewan. It is just another avenue for these companies to sell their merchandise, is there lots of Chinese junk on there? YES!!! But a all out boycott, think about the local companies that you are affecting as well.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:11 PM

So far with a simple google search I have been able to find the product I’m looking for cheaper than amazon 95 percent of the time on online. I have ordered a lot of stuff from small Canadian businesses I’ve never heard of before but if I couldn’t find it locally I’ll support another small business rather than shovel my money at Bezos.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
This was something that was beyond my control. I bought them, they were late getting here and I needed lights. I put others in.
Then SHTF and I sold the truck.

I have learned my lesson about not immediately testing anything I buy form now on.
Additionally who gives a crap how long it sits when 50,000 hr guarantee and 1 year warranty is offered.

When I spoke to the guy that owns the company I expected nothing and was pleasantly surprised.

I guess you do not partake in any sports huh? The fishin hole has a boxing day sale, as well as black friday and so on, like all the other companies. When you drop $8500 at 25% off buying radar, fish finders and gear and can not test it until the ice is off, is that stupid too?
Sorry Ken but unless I missed it you didn’t mention in your original post that there was a 1 year warranty. But that is still not an Amazon issue. After their stated return policy, which in reality is pretty good in my opinion because it can be returned for absolutely any reason, no questions asked the warrant then becomes the manufacturers issue.
And it can be a hassle. We sell sport optics/ photo gear. After the two week return policy it becomes a manufacturers issue. And some companies (DJI drones being the worst) actually tell us we can’t take anything back...even the day after it is purchased. The customer can send it back, but they absolutely won’t even accept it from us...hint...buy any drone but DJI.
I’ve literally had hundreds of Amazon purchased and have never found them difficult to deal with.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Sorry Ken but unless I missed it you didn’t mention in your original post that there was a 1 year warranty. But that is still not an Amazon issue. After their stated return policy, which in reality is pretty good in my opinion because it can be returned for absolutely any reason, no questions asked the warrant then becomes the manufacturers issue.
And it can be a hassle. We sell sport optics/ photo gear. After the two week return policy it becomes a manufacturers issue. And some companies (DJI drones being the worst) actually tell us we can’t take anything back...even the day after it is purchased. The customer can send it back, but they absolutely won’t even accept it from us...hint...buy any drone but DJI.
I’ve literally had hundreds of Amazon purchased and have never found them difficult to deal with.

No trouble, and again your product is something very simple to check out.. take camera out of box, install sd card and lens, snap away. Check pictures. Binoculars even less work. A 2 week return is fine for something like that.

These were doa in the box. The manufacturer did the right thing standing behind his product. If it was 11 months 3 weeks it would be the same thing.