Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-30-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I'm thinking the same. This greeter will have a case against his employer for putting him in that position and the guy who beat the snot out of him. Hopefully he gets a sweet settlement. And maybe each judge will allow him one swift kick to the groin of the body builder fool.
What happened is horrible and i wouldnt wish it on anyone from someone handicapped to seniors that sometimes do this role . However , saying that wallmart failed him by putting him in that position may be a stretch . This thug could of snapped on a guy stocking shelves , sweeping floors , etc etc . If getting assaulted by a phsyco come up in the hazard assessment for the task of door greeter then it would have to be considered for every task that involves contact with the public . If thats the case , we are in big trouble as a society .
Old 11-30-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
What happened is horrible and i wouldnt wish it on anyone from someone handicapped to seniors that sometimes do this role . However , saying that wallmart failed him by putting him in that position may be a stretch . This thug could of snapped on a guy stocking shelves , sweeping floors , etc etc . If getting assaulted by a phsyco come up in the hazard assessment for the task of door greeter then it would have to be considered for every task that involves contact with the public . If thats the case , we are in big trouble as a society .
Absolutely. I don't think anyone is trying to absolve Walmart.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Agree, plus walmart employs a lot of physically/mentally challenged people which is a good thing. They want a job and are reliable. Suggesting they(Walmart) should be sued over this is so American(sorry Americans). Guess some on here would rather see them totally on AISH rather than being a productive part of society.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 11-30-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
Absolutely. I don't think anyone is trying to absolve Walmart.
Edit:

I read the post incorrectly. Walmart is absolutely at some kind of fault for this, assuming that the individual doesn't have the faculties to perform the job necessary.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:16 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Edit:

I read the post incorrectly. Walmart is absolutely at some kind of fault for this, assuming that the individual doesn't have the faculties to perform the job necessary.
ya Walmart should give martial arts training or hire right out of the octagon...this meathead is just that...its walmarts fault, its the greeters fault....good god the meathead is at fault and will get his day in court.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-30-2020, 03:20 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
spot on...

Old 11-30-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
ya Walmart should give martial arts training or hire right out of the octagon...this meathead is just that...its walmarts fault, its the greeters fault....good god the meathead is at fault and will get his day in court.
Of course it's the fault of the person perpetrating the act. There's no question. The guy is an absolute loser.

Assuming that this man has some sort of mental handicap, I am of the opinion that he shouldn't have been given the responsibility to regulate who can enter and cannot enter the store.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Of course it's the fault of the person perpetrating the act. There's no question. The guy is an absolute loser.

Assuming that this man has some sort of mental handicap, I am of the opinion that he shouldn't have been given the responsibility to regulate who can enter and cannot enter the store.
Its a very easy task to ensure patrons are wearing a masks or are in the know that they require a mask to enter the store...this was his task...say high and be nice....very easy for a person handicapped to do...we see it everywhere and they do an awesome job....like another post mentioned if he was stocking selves or dusting etc this azz clown could have come unglued then...this solely falls on the shoulders of one person the assaulter....who will get his day in court...just hope he shares a cell will a real badass.

Old 11-30-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
I know the RCMP around here are taking it very seriously. Someone called 911 on me when I was standing at the bus terminal on Tuesday without a mask. All was good on my end but its sad that humans are that afraid of each other....

There are also numerous reports of the Costco staff going hands on enforcing the mask policy on those that are exempt.
not a smart move for Costco the last thing you need is that
Old 11-30-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

Nailed it. Won't see the jail time he deserves though. He's "special."
Old 11-30-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
I don’t understand people , nowadays some people would video someone dying or being killed rather than helping. Recently a friend was attacked by a pitbull, several people watched but did nothing, she was able to get away from the dog but could have been killed. What’s wrong with people?
Obviously they’re scared of getting mauled by pit bulls?
Old 11-30-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
I wonder what the girlfriend was thinking when buddy wigged out on the Walmart greeter in her poor defense.

I hope her thoughts were in line of "holy crap what will happen to me if I upset him"?

Just sayin....
She was likely proud of her man for defending her virtue.

This incident is going to put many Special Needs individuals in the unemployment line.

Gerry Burnie
Old 11-30-2020, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Agree, plus walmart employs a lot of physically/mentally challenged people which is a good thing. They want a job and are reliable. Suggesting they(Walmart) should be sued over this is so American(sorry Americans). Guess some on here would rather see them totally on AISH rather than being a productive part of society.
Could have been a frail person, a senior, a frail senior, or anyone. The guy might have beaten on anyone there.

Moreover the job is a greeter not a bouncer and anyone that has ever entered a retail store in their life knows that the staff aren't there to attack or manhandle anyone. The guy on the attack would know that.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinAlberta View Post
Could have been a frail person, a senior, a frail senior, or anyone. The guy might have beaten on anyone there.

Moreover the job is a greeter not a bouncer and anyone that has ever entered a retail store in their life knows that the staff aren't there to attack or manhandle anyone. The guy on the attack would know that.
Agree with that too.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:22 PM

The idiot most likely won't see the crowbar hotel so he should be made to do 6 months community service in a Vancouver Hospital Covid ICU in full PPE, maybe then he'll get it.

D.

Old 12-01-2020, 01:02 PM

I made phone calls yesterday on what's the deal with the nut job to DC RCMP, plus there news media telling them folks are not happy across the country about this guy. Maybe I wasted my time, but it won't be any worst then chirping online to those who are not involved .

JD