Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-29-2020, 05:54 PM

Not defending this by any stretch but I saw this today about the situation,

“Ok folks just quit it with this rant and listen up😡

I live work and shop where this happened.
It is NOT cool that this happened.
It is not the whole story though and only a snippet of the truth was blasted by someone to rock the “Covid” boat then deleted they’re account.

The incident in question happened because of a whole bunch of flaws.

First off the Walmart greeter is a special needs person who the Walmart managers put in charge of handing out masks. Their policy is no mask no entrance. He either decided or was told by management to stop anyone from entering that didn’t have a mask. Where we live it hasn’t been enforced heavily and people up until a few days ago were allowed in most stores to shop without a mask on by choice. Some do and some don’t.
The man and his girlfriend entered the store which DOES NOT have any security guards like all the other cities do and proceeded to walk towards the kiosk where our Walmart gives you a free disposable mask to wear while you shop. The greeter proceeded to stop the girl from entering any further into the store even though she was heading for the masks, was loud, forceful and rude and when she verbally stood up for herself he put his hand on her to physically stop her from going in any further, to which her boyfriend lost his **** and pummelled him for physically touching his girlfriend in a dispute.
Now this is where we all have an opinion and can point blame.
Walmart should never have placed that kind of responsibility on ANY person knowing the gravity of people’s uprising anger to this Covid situation.
Walmart should have paid for a security guard to enforce there policy at the door.
Did the man have the right to physically assault the greeter?
**** NO!!!
He went way too far.
Did the greeter have the right to physically touch the woman?
**** NO AGAIN!!
So the blame lies in all directions people not just the short click bait video the rest of the world got to see.
You’ve been played by people adding fuel to the fire and dividing us again.
As for no one jumping in to help the greeter. I’m 6’2 250lbs and a force to be recon’d with and I wouldn’t mess with this guy.
So the smaller people you see standing around were probably scared and if you look closely he hits him then he yells at him. He’s telling him not to touch her again and keep his hands to himself.
So take a big look again at the WHOLE story and wait to hear what the courts decide because there are assault charges pending on both sides and Walmart is also being held accountable for their neglect.

Question everything people otherwise you are just sheep going to the slaughter.”

LC
Old 11-29-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

It is not the whole story though and only a snippet of the truth was blasted by someone to rock the “Covid” boat then deleted they’re account.

First off the Walmart greeter is a special needs person who the Walmart managers put in charge of handing out masks. Their policy is no mask no entrance. He either decided or was told by management to stop anyone from entering that didn’t have a mask. Where we live it hasn’t been enforced heavily and people up until a few days ago were allowed in most stores to shop without a mask on by choice. Some do and some don’t.
The man and his girlfriend entered the store which DOES NOT have any security guards like all the other cities do and proceeded to walk towards the kiosk where our Walmart gives you a free disposable mask to wear while you shop. The greeter proceeded to stop the girl from entering any further into the store even though she was heading for the masks, was loud, forceful and rude and when she verbally stood up for herself he put his hand on her to physically stop her from going in any further, to which her boyfriend lost his **** and pummelled him for physically touching his girlfriend in a dispute.
Walmart should never have placed that kind of responsibility on ANY person knowing the gravity of people’s uprising anger to this Covid situation.
Walmart should have paid for a security guard to enforce there policy at the door.
**** NO!!!
He went way too far.
**** NO AGAIN!!
So the blame lies in all directions people not just the short click bait video the rest of the world got to see.
As for no one jumping in to help the greeter. I’m 6’2 250lbs and a force to be recon’d with and I wouldn’t mess with this guy.
So the smaller people you see standing around were probably scared and if you look closely he hits him then he yells at him. He’s telling him not to touch her again and keep his hands to himself.
So take a big look again at the WHOLE story and wait to hear what the courts decide because there are assault charges pending on both sides and Walmart is also being held accountable for their neglect.

Question everything people otherwise you are just sheep going to the slaughter.”

LC
Bah more crap. The guy writing that on Facebook clearly knows the perp. And lighting a guy up on the floor cause he touched your GF screams of roid rage.

They will have their day in court no doubt. But all I see is a guy throwing hard on a guy on the floor. And all I have is my opinion. Bahhhhh bahh bahhh
Old 11-29-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Bah more crap. The guy writing that on Facebook clearly knows the perp. And lighting a guy up on the floor cause he touched your GF screams of roid rage.

They will have their day in court no doubt. But all I see is a guy throwing hard on a guy on the floor. And all I have is my opinion. Bahhhhh bahh bahhh
Pretty much, there's no way a hand on the shoulder warrants that level of force. The level of force that he dished out compared to what the greeter displayed was unacceptable. If he was then received as much of an overreaction as what he displayed, his remains would have been getting cleaned up off the floor.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:

**** NO!!!
He went way too far.
**** NO AGAIN!!

LC
Dont know who wrote this but in my opinion this still doesnt justify the assault , if anything it sounds like this guy should be behind bars till he can deal with his anger issues .
Old 11-29-2020, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:

**** NO!!!
He went way too far.
**** NO AGAIN!!

LC
Guy is a bloody thug.

How many other people has he beat senseless is my question.

He needs a timeout away from society.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:

**** NO!!!
He went way too far.
**** NO AGAIN!!

LC
By the time this hits the courts this guy will be the victim, book it.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-29-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:

**** NO!!!
He went way too far.
**** NO AGAIN!!

LC
Regardless of his reasons, the guy went way beyond what was reasonable, and he deserves a criminal record, and to pay a cash payout resulting from a lawsuit.

That being said, it was asinine to put a special needs person in a situation where he might end up in a confrontation, because he might have issues communicating effectively.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 11-29-2020 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Regardless of his reasons, the guy went way beyond what was reasonable, and he deserves a criminal record, and to pay a cash payout resulting from a lawsuit.

That being said, it was asinine to put a special needs person in a situation where he might end up in a confrontation, because he might have issues communicating effectively.
x10 .Wal- Mart wants to tell people who are mentally challenge to enforce stuff, there at fault also,hope a good lawyer reaches out to help this guy.My wallets open all day long for this guy.

AS for the guy not to mess with ,he's just a coward who's belly is over feed and his brain is suffering from mal nutrition . Nothing scary about cowards or bullies.

JD

Last edited by JD848; 11-29-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Stores should not be asking people to wear masks

Thats an enforcement job. Cops. Peace officers. Not some door guy at walmart

If walmart wants enforcement, they should call cops for attendance and enforcement. And when the cops dont show, you will soon understand that the enforcement part of these "mandatory" rules is really just BS......
Far as I know stores in general are private property.
Dont like their rules dont shop there.
Pretty simple it would seem.
Rob
Old 11-29-2020, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post

This ^^^
Old 11-29-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .257Weatherby View Post
Far as I know stores in general are private property.
Dont like their rules dont shop there.
Pretty simple it would seem.
Rob
You would think so, but that's not how Canada operates.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:13 PM

Quote:

**** NO!!!
He went way too far.
**** NO AGAIN!!

LC
It is not a Walmart policy. As of the previous Friday all indoor retail spaces in BC required masks. No exceptions. It was made pretty clear on the radio, tv, online, newspapers, etc. And every store has signs up. The only reason it wasn't enforced earlier was the policy was only mandated around Vancouver. But it was expanded to Province wide the previous weekend. They were not allowed in the store with out a mask. It pretty simple.

As for the rest of the stuff the guy wrote; a guy touches your girlfriend (clearly says does not hit her or anything, just stops her from entering the store) and that is justification for bouncing his head of the concrete with your fists and kicking him in the testicles? This is what society has become?

the part about being afraid of him... That says more about the person who wrote that the coward who stacked the greeter.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:20 AM

I can’t believe no other employees assisted the man taking a beating, never mind the customers just standing around. My mother is 87 and she wouldn’t have stood by for that s**t!
Old 11-30-2020, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10pt View Post
I can’t believe no other employees assisted the man taking a beating, never mind the customers just standing around. My mother is 87 and she wouldn’t have stood by for that s**t!
Your mother is a better man than some of the posters here.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
You would think so, but that's not how Canada operates.
Uhhh...yes it does https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalne...perts-law/amp/
Old 11-30-2020, 02:15 AM
Banned

My Wife works at a Walmart Superstore and I told her about this incident. She told me that the policy in her store was very clear to her. Customers are to be informed that they need to wear a mask and if they refuse the employees are to do nothing. They are to allow them to enter and do as they please. I suspect that corporate HQ or management made that policy in order to avoid situations like this one. It doesn’t sound like Policy was followed in this case and it lead to the altercation.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:53 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

**** NO!!!
He went way too far.
**** NO AGAIN!!

LC
You saw this take place or is it just something passed onto you?

Eitherway at the end of the day just be nice, kind, courteous and things are a heck of a lot better.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-30-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
You saw this take place or is it just something passed onto you?

Eitherway at the end of the day just be nice, kind, courteous and things are a heck of a lot better.
This was written from someone who was there and LC forwarded it.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Your mother is a better man than some of the posters here.
I think I may have to get TM's 1 liners on a coffee cup.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
I feel you're so eager to disagree with me Bob you sometimes don't know what you're even arguing. Weatherby was saying if a customer doesn't like the rules/policy of a store, that customer shouldn't shop there. Don't like a stores mask policy, don't shop there, don't like MEC firearm stance, don't shop there, etc. Your link is about a stores right to refuse service, a completely different thing.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
My Wife works at a Walmart Superstore and I told her about this incident. She told me that the policy in her store was very clear to her. Customers are to be informed that they need to wear a mask and if they refuse the employees are to do nothing. They are to allow them to enter and do as they please. I suspect that corporate HQ or management made that policy in order to avoid situations like this one. It doesn’t sound like Policy was followed in this case and it lead to the altercation.
The greeter was a special needs person, so did he really understand the policy?
Old 11-30-2020, 08:26 AM

I wonder what the girlfriend was thinking when buddy wigged out on the Walmart greeter in her poor defense.

I hope her thoughts were in line of "holy crap what will happen to me if I upset him"?

Just sayin....

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
I feel you're so eager to disagree with me Bob you sometimes don't know what you're even arguing. Weatherby was saying if a customer doesn't like the rules/policy of a store, that customer shouldn't shop there. Don't like a stores mask policy, don't shop there, don't like MEC firearm stance, don't shop there, etc. Your link is about a stores right to refuse service, a completely different thing.
My apologies...rereading Weatherby's post you are completely correct.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
My apologies...rereading Weatherby's post you are completely correct.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
This was written from someone who was there and LC forwarded it.
oh ok thanks for that...can of stag chilli upside the head would have stopped that but I wonder if you can return the can cause it got dented for a new one.

Old 11-30-2020, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
This is what I hate about forums (and social media in general). Had a discussion with a friend of mine yesterday. We discussed how when we sit down face to face we can have difference of opinions, yet still remain civil because we see the nuances of expression and such.
That completely disappears when sitting at the keyboard.
A lot of people here (myself included) would likely have a lot more in common if we all sat down over a beer.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:36 AM

Wink

Quote:
This is what I hate about forums (and social media in general). Had a discussion with a friend of mine yesterday. We discussed how when we sit down face to face we can have difference of opinions, yet still remain civil because we see the nuances of expression and such.
That completely disappears when sitting at the keyboard.
A lot of people here (myself included) would likely have a lot more in common if we all sat down over a beer.
and a bowl of chilli out of a dented can

Old 11-30-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:

**** NO!!!
He went way too far.
**** NO AGAIN!!

LC
None of what you present is changing anyone's mind. I am rather excited to see the payday that the greeter receives. Perhaps he can buy the man that assaulted him a proper pair of pants.

What a loser.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
None of what you present is changing anyone's mind. I am rather excited to see the payday that the greeter receives. Perhaps he can buy the man that assaulted him a proper pair of pants.

What a loser.
I'm thinking the same. This greeter will have a case against his employer for putting him in that position and the guy who beat the snot out of him. Hopefully he gets a sweet settlement. And maybe each judge will allow him one swift kick to the groin of the body builder fool.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I'm thinking the same. This greeter will have a case against his employer for putting him in that position and the guy who beat the snot out of him. Hopefully he gets a sweet settlement. And maybe each judge will allow him one swift kick to the groin of the body builder fool.
Overview

Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)

legislation requires employers do everything they reasonably can to protect the health and safety of their employees.

This means:

- ensuring your workers have the skills and training needed to do their jobs in a healthy and safe manner
-providing competent supervisors
- preventing violence and harassment in the workplace
- informing your workers of all the health and safety hazards at the job site
-setting up safe work practices and ensuring these practices are followed
-providing safety equipment and training
-properly labeling and storing dangerous chemicals
-investigating serious injuries and incidents
- investigating potentially serious incidents (PSI)
-working with the health and safety committee or representative
- meeting OHS and Employment Standards Code requirements

https://www.alberta.ca/employer-responsibilities.aspx

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.

Last edited by graybeard; 11-30-2020 at 12:04 PM.