Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-28-2020, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I have put quite a few people in cuffs that the Police could not get to cooperate. A couple knew me, so they settled down, the best one was at the fair, the Officer fought for over 5 minutes and could not do a thing. I grabbed an arm, said its either coming to your back or I am going to break it, and had cuffs on in 5 seconds. The Officer said he weakened him for me lol.

I can't stand to see an animal suffer, have never stood by when someone was beating the hell out of someone else. I will step in again if I am able.
I'd love to see you try that on me
Old 11-28-2020, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
Exactly my point! Everyone flaps their mouths but has no clue what happened. This same thing almost happened to me at princes auto the other day, I pulled my mask down because the fibres were getting sucked in with every breath (it was on my chin), I was called all sorts of f bombs and he even started to push me with his cart, I took two steps toward him and asked if he would like to step outside..... He walked away like the gutless Lib he really was.
Perhaps high performance shopping JUST isn't for you. Get a mask that doesn't have those bad bad fibres. A face shield works just fine. Just wondering if you would take it off IF someone did push back
Old 11-28-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Stores should not be asking people to wear masks

Thats an enforcement job. Cops. Peace officers. Not some door guy at walmart

If walmart wants enforcement, they should call cops for attendance and enforcement. And when the cops dont show, you will soon understand that the enforcement part of these "mandatory" rules is really just BS......
Bang on!
Old 11-28-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Pathetic!!
X2. It’s happening on almost every thread these days. Someone comes along and just deflates the conversation. I spent a bit of time up there and had no problems and met some nice folks
Old 11-28-2020, 10:02 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Stores should not be asking people to wear masks

Thats an enforcement job. Cops. Peace officers. Not some door guy at walmart

If walmart wants enforcement, they should call cops for attendance and enforcement. And when the cops dont show, you will soon understand that the enforcement part of these "mandatory" rules is really just BS......
Bs...it's almost always a honest mistake and a friendly reminder goes a long way but this wanker went overboard and layed a beating on a kid....unless your looking for employment to sit and watch those wankers who don't get it so ya can smack'em aroumd a bit.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...

Last edited by 58thecat; 11-28-2020 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:03 PM

The big problem is people have been fed click bait and bogus stories for so long they doubt even basic common sense. Things as simple as what are the odds that some autistic guy who has been a greeter for 18 years, loved by all and never had a single problem would now suddenly lose their stuff actually makes perfect sense to a bunch of people who have lived their lives vicariously on social media. Anyone with real life experience says walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, pretty damn sure it is a duck are becoming fewer and fewer. Social media has been good but it has also been a big part of the tinfoil hat crowd too. Thinking for yourself is now rare.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
What are you doing on the computer when there's a whole world out there that needs you to save it? Captain Monday Morning to the rescue!!! Ha ha!!

Well, beats Captain Do Nothing but Record It On My Phone I think.

Coming to the aid of a mentally challenged individual taking a horrific beating is trying to save the world? Your parallels drawing is stunning.

Last edited by 270person; 11-28-2020 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:13 AM
Banned

Had I been there I would have kicked this guy in the face so hard they would have been picking teeth out of his throat.

Same with that guy who got that doctor recently. I’m not saying the doctor wouldn’t have died but things wouldn’t have gone down so smoothly had I been there. I was involved in a doctors office incident within the past couple years where a guy was making racist comments to a women and her child. It didn’t work out so well for the big fella I’ll tell y’all that. I’ll cluck ya one
Old 11-29-2020, 05:06 AM

Quote:
And how exactly would anyone know that someone is autistic if they just happened upon a scene of two people fighting??

Isn't there a Libby's bean aisle that needs your attention? Perhaps you can tell us more about all the heroic situations you imagine yourself in and all the subsequent imaginary heroics you would perform in those situations. If only you were in Germany in the 1930's or on the Titanic on its maiden voyage. Delusions of Grandeur...
The fact of the matter is asking questions like this expecting a response of what would actually happen is a waste of time. Shock and adrenaline is going to be involved and this throws the “I would do this” plans out the window. One thing with your example when it’s a kid people are more likely to react and men are more likely to react when a girl/women is in trouble. It triggers basic protective instincts

There is no doubt a portion of those saying they would get involved actually would

The problem comes in that in today’s society we know people have been punished or died or injured doing what is right in turn causing a larger portion of the public to be reluctant to help. Then add in the decline in respect for one another and you see less people get involved

If you want to have an idea on how people will react invest effort into learning psychology. This make people and the trends in society a lot more predictable
Old 11-29-2020, 07:03 AM

Good men are dangerous men.
When did this statement become so taboo?
In a society of womans lib and male neutering men have been groomed to be wimps. Plain and simple
new hunter oaks...what the flip are you going on about? A little girl on a trail???
Men were designed to be hunters, and protectors. A real man and I mean one who is living his designed purpose should be a dangerous man, one who is capable of protecting the weak, who doesn't shy at something hard. 2 generations ago society was filled with such men, capable of extreme violence under control for good. Today not so much.
Why is being a man so hated today even by other men?
Good men that are dangerous men are not unjustly violent such as that goon in Wal-Mart, but rather good men are controlled and they use their ability to be dangerous for the purpose of protecting the weak.
Good men recognize the need for skill and training and take it upon themselves to learn how to be dangerous. It's not false bravado, calling someone else out who decides to stand for right is how weak sniveling cowards respond. Instead you should be thankful some else is willing to stand in that gap in your place. Society needs good men who will stand up, if you don't have the sand at least be thankful someone else does and will stand in your place.
Talk about pathetic. This thread just proves to me how messed up our society really is.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Good men are dangerous men.
When did this statement become so taboo?
In a society of womans lib and male neutering men have been groomed to be wimps. Plain and simple
new hunter oaks...what the flip are you going on about? A little girl on a trail???
Men were designed to be hunters, and protectors. A real man and I mean one who is living his designed purpose should be a dangerous man, one who is capable of protecting the weak, who doesn't shy at something hard. 2 generations ago society was filled with such men, capable of extreme violence under control for good. Today not so much.
Why is being a man so hated today even by other men?
Good men that are dangerous men are not unjustly violent such as that goon in Wal-Mart, but rather good men are controlled and they use their ability to be dangerous for the purpose of protecting the weak.
Good men recognize the need for skill and training and take it upon themselves to learn how to be dangerous. It's not false bravado, calling someone else out who decides to stand for right is how weak sniveling cowards respond. Instead you should be thankful some else is willing to stand in that gap in your place. Society needs good men who will stand up, if you don't have the sand at least be thankful someone else does and will stand in your place.
Talk about pathetic. This thread just proves to me how messed up our society really is.
You know who else are dangerous men? Men who don't think before they act. In my example above, a lot of the guys responding to this thread would apparently spring into action and make sure the guy: left on a gurney, couldn't eat solid food, could never walk again, would have two broken arms, etc. etc. Well, did they just stop a serial predator and become the hero? OR... did they just violently assault a father who was out with his daughter for a walk in the woods and a wasp flew up her pant leg? Because I'll tell you what, a man violently assaulting a man helping his daughter on a walk is a great News story too.

In my example, I suspect a lot of the people commenting would also tear into the guy for over reacting and not getting the facts before handing out some good old Prairie Justice. "Why do people always think the worst" "What has our society become when the first thing people see is a violent predator?".

Same thing in the store. What if the man on top was not just some thug; as we all now know after the fact? What if it was some mentally ill guy, another autistic- maybe even the man's autistic brother and they were having a fight? How would people feel knowing they just attacked some autistic guy in Walmart because they didn't bother to get any facts before doing something? Imagine how many people could get involved then..... That's what I'm on about. If you see a guy getting the better of someone in a fight, do you just automatically think that the guy on the bottom is a helpless victim and feel the need to start beating up the guy on top? If that's the case, now you're the guy on top and better hope another hero isn't coming to save the guy you're tuning up.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:55 AM

Well that’s quite the hypothetical, bees in the pants? It going to be a long winter
Old 11-29-2020, 08:05 AM

It’s getting to where Walmart’s need bouncers lol...
Old 11-29-2020, 08:07 AM

Default Ah Testosterone

Deer go to the taxidermist .........men got to the alter,prison or the grave.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:48 AM

I think the best a guy can do in these situations is try and neutralize the threat, hopefully by voice command or distraction. Retreat to safety with the victim and defend until help shows up. At my age that would be my strategy, I’m in good shape, still strong and did a bit of boxing in my younger days. But there’s no way I could handle a strong 30 year old for long. I’ll let the 30 year old boys in blue be the heroes, that’s what they do.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
Well that’s quite the hypothetical, bees in the pants? It going to be a long winter
"Autistic Greeter at Walmart attacked for asking person to wear a mask."

Yeah, cause that happens every day....

Interesting how you had to change the example a gave from a single wasp into multiple bees to make it less plausible. Never heard of anyone having a wasp go up a leg before? Because I know of it happening to many people, yet know of only one autistic Walmart greeter being attacked.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I think the best a guy can do in these situations is try and neutralize the threat, hopefully by voice command or distraction. Retreat to safety with the victim and defend until help shows up. At my age that would be my strategy, I’m in good shape, still strong and did a bit of boxing in my younger days. But there’s no way I could handle a strong 30 year old for long. I’ll let the 30 year old boys in blue be the heroes, that’s what they do.
Exactly. Too many guys claiming they would have violently assaulted the guy and none saying they would have just pulled him off to stop the attack in order to find out what's going on. Another aspect of this is that the employee is autistic- which adds to the emotional feelings of knowing what happened. Unless someone knew the employee and was right there to see the entire event unfold, there was no way for them to know that the man being attacked was autistic and that he was attacked for simply asking someone to put a mask on.

It's extremely easy for people to sit back after the fact and call everyone cowards for not "stepping up" in that situation. It's well known that this mask issue is a hot subject for some people (on both sides) and in my opinion, Walmart should not have their greeters being the enforcers of bylaws.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:31 AM

BIG box stores should have security ,not greeters asking to put on masks ,This guy still needs some jail time .
Old 11-29-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
It’s getting to where Walmart’s need bouncers lol...
Agreed. WTF is wrong with shoppers in Walmart?

Old woman in my small town had a heart attack after being spat on by an antimasker in a coffee shop who lost is ****. She's now in ICU fighting for her life and he's in some serious trouble. All over wearing a mask.

Last edited by nelsonob1; 11-29-2020 at 09:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-29-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
BIG box stores should have security ,not greeters asking to put on masks ,This guy still needs some jail time .
100%. I sincerely hope that he gets a lengthy prison sentence for what he did.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
You know who else are dangerous men? Men who don't think before they act. In my example above, a lot of the guys responding to this thread would apparently spring into action and make sure the guy: left on a gurney, couldn't eat solid food, could never walk again, would have two broken arms, etc. etc. Well, did they just stop a serial predator and become the hero? OR... did they just violently assault a father who was out with his daughter for a walk in the woods and a wasp flew up her pant leg? Because I'll tell you what, a man violently assaulting a man helping his daughter on a walk is a great News story too.

In my example, I suspect a lot of the people commenting would also tear into the guy for over reacting and not getting the facts before handing out some good old Prairie Justice. "Why do people always think the worst" "What has our society become when the first thing people see is a violent predator?".

Same thing in the store. What if the man on top was not just some thug; as we all now know after the fact? What if it was some mentally ill guy, another autistic- maybe even the man's autistic brother and they were having a fight? How would people feel knowing they just attacked some autistic guy in Walmart because they didn't bother to get any facts before doing something? Imagine how many people could get involved then..... That's what I'm on about. If you see a guy getting the better of someone in a fight, do you just automatically think that the guy on the bottom is a helpless victim and feel the need to start beating up the guy on top? If that's the case, now you're the guy on top and better hope another hero isn't coming to save the guy you're tuning up.

Some people are better at quickly and logically assessing situations than others. When you hear someone i.e "the girlfriend" addressing the perp by name, asking him to stop, chances are it's because she knows what he is doing is wrong. I'm guessing that she knows him much better than anyone else in the situation, and that he is in fact doing something wrong.

Stepping into a situation like this even verbally could have likely made a difference. Standing back with a camera may supplement the surveillance footage, but does nothing to prevent the victim from further assault.

I'm not saying that I would have automatically went for a shovel to the back of the head, or a kick to the teeth, but I would have stepped in to assist.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
"Autistic Greeter at Walmart attacked for asking person to wear a mask."

Yeah, cause that happens every day....

Interesting how you had to change the example a gave from a single wasp into multiple bees to make it less plausible. Never heard of anyone having a wasp go up a leg before? Because I know of it happening to many people, yet know of only one autistic Walmart greeter being attacked.
Whether it’s one bee or the whole hive My opinion is the same. And it’s still gonna be a long winter.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Its starting to look like that is what is going to be needed , but whats next ? Security at restaurants turning people away for not having shoes or shirts ? Have we all become so entitled that we just obey the rules that are convenient for us an ignore the rest ?

I'm done coffee , heading back to the barn and self isolating for my sanity .
Old 11-29-2020, 10:43 AM

Good post liar.

Yes, some are that entitled. They mistake it with rights.

Like the guy who yells at the girls at my wife’s place of work over masks. THEY, the anti-maskers, really do feel that entitled.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:32 AM

I would have found it profoundly therapeutic to belittle the assailant in his own public flogging. I would equally find it fair the see this anti masker volunteer in testing centers or in an ICU without PPE. A test of convictions?
Old 11-29-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Good on ya Ken. Of course it helps being 6'8, and 325 lbs of well honed granite. Shows you can discern right from wrong and there's not enough in this world these days.
As Goofy says, aw shucks, gawrsh thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
I'd love to see you try that on me
Ok, but you gotta sign a waiver first

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-29-2020, 12:56 PM

Stress is getting to people. It's not an excuse, but it is true. Seems some are so overcome they cannot help but lash out, either physically, verbally or with the written word. Sad to watch normally rational people degenerate. I expected people to be drawn together through this, man was I ever wrong.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-29-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Stress is getting to people. It's not an excuse, but it is true. Seems some are so overcome they cannot help but lash out, either physically, verbally or with the written word. Sad to watch normally rational people degenerate. I expected people to be drawn together through this, man was I ever wrong.
That is exactly how I see it as well.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:25 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm close to fifty. If I gotta close my hand, it's gonna count.

People really need to stay in their lane.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post
Good post liar.

Yes, some are that entitled. They mistake it with rights.

Like the guy who yells at the girls at my wife’s place of work over masks. THEY, the anti-maskers, really do feel that entitled.
I really feel for anyone who has to endure getting belittled just for trying to follow protocol . Too bad these idiots dont take their fight to their mla where it has a chance of doing some good . Yelling at a store clerk is a low , low move .
Assaulting one is beyond comprehension.