Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
Bird flu last year, swine flu this year....sadly both didnt kill as many people as the regular old normal flu that you never hear about. Its fear mongering and I wouldn't worry about it too much...they will have another crisis to freak us out next month.
x2
Old 05-01-2009, 08:50 AM

dont do this and you'll be fine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image001[1].jpg (46.6 KB, 40 views)
Old 05-01-2009, 09:34 AM

One of the biggest issue with this is the fact they called it the Swine flu. Yesterday they said they want it to be called the H1N1 flu now. Problem is that the pork producers are going to suffer unnecessarily over this. I read a report yesterday that mentioned Egypt has banned all pork imports and was going to slaughter all their pigs. Actual swine flu has been around for decades and has always gone pig-pig or in rare cases pig-human. Now this NEW virus can go human-human. Pigs have nothing to do with the transmission of this disease. you will not get it from that pork chop you had for supper. I really hope people give their heads a shake and leave the pork producers out of it.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:12 PM

Default Apology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Fishing Maniac View Post
Yes it does - watch the news and know the facts before you post

Sorry DPSVDV, my appologies. First I here on the NATIONAL that it was started by pigs, then yesterday heard differently from the news.

Also now the case in PR is stated not a toddler but a young man. Crazy. As mentioned, sorry again DPSVDV
Old 05-01-2009, 04:23 PM

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Okay....as near as we know know now it's a mutation of the swine, avian and a form of the standard influenza...... most cases are "mild".... new reports indicate "7" have died in Mexico from it (confirmed).....99.9% of the cases out side of there are mild cases of the flu"....so go to your drug stor...and get your facts straight.... instead of watching CNN....I guess the economy is doing better????...or have u heard????

I dont watch CNN, and the economy is ok for me. Buy low-sell HIGH
Old 05-03-2009, 08:16 AM

poor pigs

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Health/...477/story.html
Old 05-03-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
Bird flu last year, swine flu this year....sadly both didnt kill as many people as the regular old normal flu that you never hear about. Its fear mongering and I wouldn't worry about it too much...they will have another crisis to freak us out next month.
X3 or more on this yep regular old flu killed an estemated 36,000 people in 2007. I even listened to Obama say if you had told him he only had Iran, Iraq, Afganistan, north Korea and the economy to worry about he would be ok but now add a pandemic (oh and guess who started the pandimonium) over the Pandemic. Honestly I could become a conspiracy believer if Chicago wins lord Stanleys cup the year a Chicago man becomes president in the middle of a Pandemic I will convert. (Note to self American Ref keeps Vancouver in penalty box all night)
Old 05-04-2009, 12:35 AM

same ol story - different day. Show me the bubonic plague then I'll start gettin scared!!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 PM

Default Where have you Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Say what you want, you'd still be taking foolish chances to vacation in Mexico at this time. My wife and I have been vacationing on the west coast salmon fishing and checking out our own country for the past few years. We've never been murdered, mugged, robbed, ripped off, stalled in airports, or dissapointed.
I have been to Mexico 9 times and I have not have had one bad experience yet!Bad things happen to bad people usually.I have had alot of brutal service and waiting in our fine Canadian airports.I can remember not to long ago thousands of people lining up for h1n1 shots cause they thought they we going to die without it!So much for that
Old 03-14-2011, 09:38 PM

the resurrection...
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn?Narn. View Post
the resurrection...

LuLz