Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-05-2015, 01:55 PM

Thanks fish e o. 406 antlered moose dropped from 40 to 23?
Old 08-05-2015, 02:02 PM

I got drawn for cow elk in 308.
I didn't apply for cow elk in 308
I am not going to complain, new scenery....
Old 08-05-2015, 06:45 PM

I got cow elk in 305 with a priority 1.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:29 PM

Well in zone 500 the one where I would have general archery hunted moose, the stats are exactly the same number for number as 2014.
I smell something fishy here? Is it possible to have the exact number of applicants with exact priority s . I doubt it. Is it easy to copy and paste last years data and hope nobody notices yep.. I'm checking for antlered moose to see if its exactly the same , I got to close some pages on the phone here. Got 6 open to compare .
Yep I call BS antlered moose is the exact same as last year aswell!!! Going to check some other 500 zones that went on draw now!! Like I expected all along this had nothing to do with Archers harvesting 15% in these zones just another ESRD scam .

Last edited by super7mag; 08-05-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
http://www.albertaregulations.ca/hun...encecosts.html

Only if your partner qualifies for a youth tag.
Below is from 2015 regulations. How do i read it? Does this mean I can share the license with my partner?

Partner Licence
The following Partner Licences are available:
1. A resident holder of an Antlerless Moose Special Licence or a Bison Special Licence has the option of designating one eligible resident hunter (adult or youth) to be a partner on the Special Licence, thereby allowing the designated hunter to obtain a Special Antlerless Moose Partner Licence, or a Special Bison Partner Licence.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super7mag View Post
Well in zone 500 the one where I would have general archery hunted moose, the stats are exactly the same number for number as 2014.
I smell something fishy here? Is it possible to have the exact number of applicants with exact priority s . I doubt it. Is it easy to copy and paste last years data and hope nobody notices yep.. I'm checking for antlered moose to see if its exactly the same , I got to close some pages on the phone here. Got 6 open to compare .
Yep I call BS antlered moose is the exact same as last year aswell!!! Going to check some other 500 zones that went on draw now!! Like I expected all along this had nothing to do with Archers harvesting 15% in these zones just another ESRD scam .
Well all the other 500 zones that switched have different data, most of the zones except one had more tags available. This is draw code 33. Not sure why 500 is the exact same data for both years antlered and antlerless, still seems quite odd.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.Su View Post
Below is from 2015 regulations. How do i read it? Does this mean I can share the license with my partner?

Partner Licence
The following Partner Licences are available:
1. A resident holder of an Antlerless Moose Special Licence or a Bison Special Licence has the option of designating one eligible resident hunter (adult or youth) to be a partner on the Special Licence, thereby allowing the designated hunter to obtain a Special Antlerless Moose Partner Licence, or a Special Bison Partner Licence.
If you drew an antlered moose, antlerless moose, or a bison tag, you can designate an adult or youth partner who does not hold any other moose or bison license to purchase a partner license, and then he/she can hunt with you , and even kill the animal. You as the person that drew the tag can hunt by yourself if you choose, but the partner can't be out hunting without the person that drew the tag. For some special licenses, you can only designate a youth to be your partner.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
If you drew an antlered moose, antlerless moose, or a bison tag, you can designate an adult or youth partner who does not hold any other moose or bison license to purchase a partner license, and then he/she can hunt with you , and even kill the animal. You as the person that drew the tag can hunt by yourself if you choose, but the partner can't be out hunting without the person that drew the tag. For some special licenses, you can only designate a youth to be your partner.
Thanks for the clarification. But how do I designate my partner? Should I call W&F office to designate my partner? Just want to be safe.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.Su View Post
Thanks for the clarification. But how do I designate my partner? Should I call W&F office to designate my partner? Just want to be safe.
It's right at the link that I posted, that you quoted.

Quote:
To Designate a Partner – The Partner Licence is available online at albertarelm.com or at any licence issuer. The intended partner must provide the licence issuer with the number of the Special Licence held by the primary hunter along with his or her own WIN. The Special Licence number authorizes the licensing system to issue a partner licence that is linked to the Special Licence. The intended partner may then purchase a Wildlife Certificate and the appropriate Partner Licence. If the intended partner is a non-resident, he/she must be accompanied by a licensed Hunter Host while hunting. The Partner Licence is valid for the same WMU and season as the Special Licence. No tag is issued with the Partner Licence.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:07 PM

So I was priority 11 going into First season of suffeild antlered elk, I didn't get drawn. It says that 48 of 50 got drawn with an 11. Is it possible I am having terrible luck lately or could there possibly be a mistake made in the system?
I was a little disappointed not getting drawn but after seeing the numbers, disappointed is an understatement.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJack View Post
Not sure how that happened but I wouldn't go asking questions. I'm sure cow elk in 305 was a multi year wait.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyJack View Post
Old 08-05-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeshunter View Post
Not sure how that happened but I wouldn't go asking questions. I'm sure cow elk in 305 was a multi year wait.
Guess I'm out to lunch on that one, or they've increased tags a bunch, I see that 23 guys were drawn in 305 with a 0 priority.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
If you need some spots Send me a pm closer to the season my good friend owns a ranch down that way. I don't think I can get you on there I'm pretty much the only hunter he lets on his place but he can probably make some introductions to some other ranchers that have elk issues if you want to get away from the porcupine hills gong show.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanf View Post
If you need some spots Send me a pm closer to the season my good friend owns a ranch down that way. I don't think I can get you on there I'm pretty much the only hunter he lets on his place but he can probably make some introductions to some other ranchers that have elk issues if you want to get away from the porcupine hills gong show.
That was in regards to the 305 cow elk I replied to wrong post
Old 08-06-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
It's right at the link that I posted, that you quoted.

Hehe! Thank you so much!
Old 08-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeshunter View Post
Guess I'm out to lunch on that one, or they've increased tags a bunch, I see that 23 guys were drawn in 305 with a 0 priority.
A second season was added for 305 cow elk.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:57 PM

I just looked at the 2015 draw summary report. In my muley zone it says that 100% of all applicants with the same P as me were drawn this yr. They took the $ outta my account for all the draws I put in for, I entered ONE zone choice as I always do, Im beyond confused here. Any idea who to call, is it Relm or the SRD or???
Thank ya kindly.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:01 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacty View Post
I just looked at the 2015 draw summary report. In my muley zone it says that 100% of all applicants with the same P as me were drawn this yr. They took the $ outta my account for all the draws I put in for, I entered ONE zone choice as I always do, Im beyond confused here. Any idea who to call, is it Relm or the SRD or???
Thank ya kindly.
What is your priority on Alberta RELM?
Old 08-06-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Thank ya kindly.
Did you apply alone?
Old 08-06-2015, 10:23 PM

I applied alone, as always. I just printed off my Antlered Mule draw/app history and it says
current balance is 3 and the 2015 report says 100% of apps were successful

Am I missing something here?
Old 08-06-2015, 10:26 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I applied alone, as always. I just printed off my Antlered Mule draw/app history and it says
current balance is 3 and the 2015 report says 100% of apps were successful

Am I missing something here?
what zone?
Old 08-06-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanf View Post
Thanks for the offer. Should be interesting to see how many show up access gets pretty tough in January.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:28 PM

Cacty,

If your current balance is three you were in that draw as a 2. Now did 100% of the two's or three's get drawn?
If all the threes got drawn everything is fine.
If all the twos got drawn you have cause for concern.

Could you elaborate on the part about the money? Not sure what you are saying there.

Last edited by North of Owlseye; 08-06-2015 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 08-06-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Owlseye View Post
Cacty,

If your current balance is three you were in that draw as a 2. Now did 100% of the two's or three's get drawn?
If all the threes got drawn everything is fine.
If all the twos got drawn you have cause for concern.

Could you elaborate on the part about the money? Not sure what you are saying there.
Ok I was wondering that. I was drawn in 2012 so I went into this draw as a P2 then? If this is the case, thanks for the info fellas. I just meant the app fee was charged to my CC thats all.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Thank ya kindly.
You pay the application fee for each draw applied for regardless of being drawn or not.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Ok I was wondering that. I was drawn in 2012 so I went into this draw as a P2 then? If this is the case, thanks for the info fellas. I just meant the app fee was charged to my CC thats all.
Yup...system working as intended...nothing to see here

LC
Old 08-07-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
You pay the application fee for each draw applied for regardless of being drawn or not.
Yes, you bet, I was aware of that I was just wondering if you were given the previous year's priority or the new priority after you put in this year's app. problem solved, meee bad. Thx guys.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Yup...system working as intended...nothing to see here

LC
Thx for the insight homeslice.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
One Goat per zone ?, sheesh.
What rock have you been under?

-Billy Molls