Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
How can you claim this guy as your "good friend"? Wow. First off you should be much more cautious in who you hang out with, and second, I have to question why you would hang out with this guy in the first place?

Would you hang out with a drug dealer? With a known bank robber? With a convicted sex offender? What is the difference? This guy is breaking the law - and not some victimless paper crime, he is wholesale killing OUR wildlife for cash in his pocket - he is STEALING FROM YOU AND ME. Drop the dime (or the hammer) on this POS.
well I don't hang out with him anymore but he has always been a good friend, other then this he is a good guy but I know that don't excuse what he's doing I know that but even though I hate what he's doing I am finding it so hard to do what I know I have got to do and will do. You can't tell me that you have never been put into an awkward situation by a friend where you didn't know what to do. I have confronted him about what he's doing but it made no difference he still continues, that's a main reason we don't hang out anymore but I do still consider him a friend and maybe always will. I know he's been reported already but for some reason nothing has been done. And yes I do know he's sealing from me and everyone else that hunts and I hate that, in-fact I hate the fact that anybody does this type of thing not just him but anyone, just like I hate it when people trophy hunt, as far as I'm concerned that should also be outlawed, people who do this are no better then my friend in my book, to shoot anything to get a head to hang on the wall and leave everything else where it was shot is a waste of a life (if your not going to eat it don't kill it), that's not to say that sometimes this has to be done to help farmers or people who's lives or livelihood is being put in jeopardy by an animal, if this is the case then yes the animal should be put down. I watch a TV channel called Wild TV, it's a hunting and fishing channel, one example of this is a guy, Tom Miranda from the US, (not sure of the spelling) but every one of his shows that I've seen is about so called "hunting" in Africa, this guy shoots Elephant, Rhino, Lion you name it and if you can drive up to it and touch it on the nose with a stick he kills it and then justifies it by giving lessons about how he just did a wonderful thing for that species WHAT!!!!! come-on these people aren't hunters their murders just like my buddy even if it is legal. Look what I'm saying is I know I have to do what's right and try to do my part and stop this and I will do what's right but what I'm saying is because of our past I just find it very hard to do and also there's his family, it's not an easy thing to do , not for me anyway.

(IF YOUR NOT GOING TO EAT IT DON'T KILL IT)
Old 02-17-2011, 07:28 PM
south b

WOW I didn’t think this thread would have gotten this far
Old 02-17-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatF View Post
well I don't hang out with him anymore but he has always been a good friend, other then this he is a good guy but I know that don't excuse what he's doing I know that but even though I hate what he's doing I am finding it so hard to do what I know I have got to do and will do. You can't tell me that you have never been put into an awkward situation by a friend where you didn't know what to do. I have confronted him about what he's doing but it made no difference he still continues, that's a main reason we don't hang out anymore but I do still consider him a friend and maybe always will. I know he's been reported already but for some reason nothing has been done. And yes I do know he's sealing from me and everyone else that hunts and I hate that, in-fact I hate the fact that anybody does this type of thing not just him but anyone, just like I hate it when people trophy hunt, as far as I'm concerned that should also be outlawed, people who do this are no better then my friend in my book, to shoot anything to get a head to hang on the wall and leave everything else where it was shot is a waste of a life (if your not going to eat it don't kill it), that's not to say that sometimes this has to be done to help farmers or people who's lives or livelihood is being put in jeopardy by an animal, if this is the case then yes the animal should be put down. I watch a TV channel called Wild TV, it's a hunting and fishing channel, one example of this is a guy, Tom Miranda from the US, (not sure of the spelling) but every one of his shows that I've seen is about so called "hunting" in Africa, this guy shoots Elephant, Rhino, Lion you name it and if you can drive up to it and touch it on the nose with a stick he kills it and then justifies it by giving lessons about how he just did a wonderful thing for that species WHAT!!!!! come-on these people aren't hunters their murders just like my buddy even if it is legal. Look what I'm saying is I know I have to do what's right and try to do my part and stop this and I will do what's right but what I'm saying is because of our past I just find it very hard to do and also there's his family, it's not an easy thing to do , not for me anyway.

(IF YOUR NOT GOING TO EAT IT DON'T KILL IT)
OMG...if you have any oxygen left, i hope you are ok.

EDIT: I have to re-read this a couple more times I think...
Old 02-17-2011, 10:29 PM

PatF, glad you realize what a thief this guy is. If you confronted him and he didn't stop, then he is not your friend.

As for your "trophy hunter" and hunting Africa comments, I would like to just say that things are not what you assume. Save for some professional killers like you mention on WildTV, most "trophy hunters" do not leave the animals they kill to rot - most of them are very thankful for the meat as well (yes there are some douche bags out there, but they are not hunters, just scum). Many people become "trophy hunters" because they are looking for a challenge (a personal challenge at that). For some, shooting "a buck" is not a challenge at all.

If you know, really know, that you can kill an animal on a given day - hands down easy - is there a challenge in that? For some, there is not - then it is just killing. When killing an animal becomes that easy for someone they often make things more challenging for themselves; some use older rifles with open sights or muzzle loaders, others pick up a bow, and some others decide that they will challenge themselves by only taking a certain size animal, or even a specific single animal, or take nothing at all.

I hunted the same Blacktail buck for 3 years, refusing to shoot any of the other 5 bucks sharing the same slash with him. I shot other deer in other places, but in that one spot I would not kill any of the younger bucks that I often watched for hours while waiting for that one. Never did kill that deer - he was too smart for me.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
you did the right thing in reporting him in the first place, but, you should also report the deer that you found with the tail removed just to cover your butt. I'm also in a situation similar to yours, Friend of mine is poaching all season long, he will go in the country and shoot moose and call someone with a license to come and pick up the moose for the payment of $100 or one of the quarters, I know he's doing it for people with a license but it's still poaching, he shoots between 20-30 or more moose every season and I don't know what to do, I feel it's my responsibility to report this but on the other hand he's a good friend. What should I do, I think I'm going to end up reporting this because, well Friend or not this type of activity just makes me so dam angry and it has to stop.
Shoots 20 or 30 moose, and sells meat ...and you dont know what to do??

Thinking of reporting this?? Go troll somewhere else.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:35 PM

wow some people

WTB snow goose decoys
Old 02-18-2011, 05:34 AM

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 02-18-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
PatF, glad you realize what a thief this guy is. If you confronted him and he didn't stop, then he is not your friend.

As for your "trophy hunter" and hunting Africa comments, I would like to just say that things are not what you assume. Save for some professional killers like you mention on WildTV, most "trophy hunters" do not leave the animals they kill to rot - most of them are very thankful for the meat as well (yes there are some douche bags out there, but they are not hunters, just scum). Many people become "trophy hunters" because they are looking for a challenge (a personal challenge at that). For some, shooting "a buck" is not a challenge at all.

If you know, really know, that you can kill an animal on a given day - hands down easy - is there a challenge in that? For some, there is not - then it is just killing. When killing an animal becomes that easy for someone they often make things more challenging for themselves; some use older rifles with open sights or muzzle loaders, others pick up a bow, and some others decide that they will challenge themselves by only taking a certain size animal, or even a specific single animal, or take nothing at all.

I hunted the same Blacktail buck for 3 years, refusing to shoot any of the other 5 bucks sharing the same slash with him. I shot other deer in other places, but in that one spot I would not kill any of the younger bucks that I often watched for hours while waiting for that one. Never did kill that deer - he was too smart for me.
I know all trophy hunters don't leave the meat to rot, what I said was I am against the ones that just shoot the animal to get the head to hang on the wall and leave every thing else, I don't see anything wrong with having a trophy on the wall if your into that IF!!! you took the meat also. If I shoot a moose with a nice set of antlers I'm going to keep them. Maybe I made it sound like I am against everyone with wall mounts all together but that's not what I meant, it's these thrill killers that I'm against like my buddy, he's a thrill killer why else would he be shooting 20-30 animals every season even if he is doing it for people with a license, if he took guys in and acted as a guide that would be different.(I know I keep saying he's my buddy but we haven't hung out in a few years now) And these people that kill for example, wolves or Africa's big cats, elephants, you can't tell me they keep the meat and a Rhino I thought they were endangered, I mean come-on this isn't right, this isn't hunting, but then stuff enough money into someones pockets and you can do what ever the hell you want.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Shoots 20 or 30 moose, and sells meat ...and you dont know what to do??

Thinking of reporting this?? Go troll somewhere else.
listen hayseed, yes I am thinking of reporting this, and like I said if you can understand what you read I also said I am going to report this, and if you understand what you read I said he does this during open season so he's no going to get caught if he's not doing it, so I'll put it simply so you can understand it, it's pointless to report it now just like wild life told me this morning but they do have his name, and want me to call back next season, which I will, so did you get that, who are you to tell anyone to go somewhere else, I have as much right to voice my opinion and look for advice here as you do. I'm willing to bet you know guys that poach, I wonder if you've reported them. As for going somewhere else, I think I'll stay right here if you like though you can move on. I noticed that you only post a sentence at a time, can yo only think that far ahead. I think if your not able to say something with the least little bit of intelligence then you shouldn't say anything at all. I can see why you had to read my post a couple more times. Wow grade four must have took a looooooong time.

(Thank god your a country boy, well so am I, and thank God not all country boys are dumb)
Old 02-18-2011, 08:35 AM

I called the Dept of Fish and Wildlife this morning and just like I thought they do have his name a number of times, I was told that since he's only doing this during moose season it's pointless to do anything now, I really think it must be pointless for them any time of year because he don't hide what he's doing. I don't know why if they have his name so often he hasn't been caught. He leaves his yard almost every morning with his rifle on his quad without a big game license and they can't catch him (or don't try I think is more like it) all they have to do is park just a little ways away from his house and when he leaves they've got him with an high powered rifle and no license, that should give them enough for a search warrant and they have him for sure then, but it seemed like they didn't want to hear that, so what's the point when You have people who don't want to do their job, what's the point. Oh well I did my part and I guess the saga continues.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by young gunz View Post
wow some people
A weak mind does not accumulate force enough to hurt itself; stupidity often saves a man from going mad.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I know all trophy hunters don't leave the meat to rot,
NO trophy hunters leave edible meat to waste.

Poachers and criminals do!!!

tm
Old 02-18-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I called the Dept of Fish and Wildlife this morning and just like I thought they do have his name a number of times, I was told that since he's only doing this during moose season it's pointless to do anything now, I really think it must be pointless for them any time of year because he don't hide what he's doing. I don't know why if they have his name so often he hasn't been caught. He leaves his yard almost every morning with his rifle on his quad without a big game license and they can't catch him (or don't try I think is more like it) all they have to do is park just a little ways away from his house and when he leaves they've got him with an high powered rifle and no license, that should give them enough for a search warrant and they have him for sure then, but it seemed like they didn't want to hear that, so what's the point when You have people who don't want to do their job, what's the point. Oh well I did my part and I guess the saga continues.
Absolutly nothing illegal with leaving your house with a high power rifle, and no licence. If it was everybody on the hunting forum would have been breaking the law at one point or another. No reasonable cause for a search warrant here.....
Old 02-18-2011, 03:36 PM

I am surprised he knows 30 guys with moose tags? Not only that 30 guys with moose tags willing to have someone hunt for them. Sounds like a BS story to me.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
I am surprised he knows 30 guys with moose tags? Not only that 30 guys with moose tags willing to have someone hunt for them. Sounds like a BS story to me.
Really, I guess you don't know much then do you, in the area where I'm from there's I believe around 700 moose tags each season and it's not a place with a huge population, anyone from here can easily find 20 -30 and more people who would be willing to let someone shoot there animal for them. I'm from here, your not, the only bull**** about this comes from someone like you who presumes to know everything about everything. I guess your one of those trophy hunters that leaves the meat in the woods and took offense with what I wrote about people like you, may that's bull**** but maybe it's not.

"The learning and knowledge that we have, is, at the most, but little compared with that of which we are ignorant."
Old 02-18-2011, 04:03 PM

Troll..........
Old 02-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Gone Hunting

How many people live in your head? NaitHadya started this thread and PatF took over.

Maybe it does take a village to raise....

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-18-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
Absolutly nothing illegal with leaving your house with a high power rifle, and no licence. If it was everybody on the hunting forum would have been breaking the law at one point or another. No reasonable cause for a search warrant here.....
Sorry but wrong, here it is illegal to transport any firearm to and from any area populated by wildlife at any time of year without a permit or license, you must have a permit from the Dept of Fish and Game or a hunting license to transport your firearm, even to the range for the purpose of sighting in. If it's a permit from fish and game you have to put on it where your going, how long your going to be there and why, plus you can't go more then a mile from a main (paved) road and you must be in an area where either the Dept of Fish and Game or the police have easy access to you. the law isn't the same everywhere, so yes if this guy is caught during hunting season heading into the woods with his rifle with no license he loose his gun, quad and gets a fine, so if he gets caught doing this he's suspected of poaching, so there's your reasonable cause for a search warrant. The only way you can transport a firearm here without a permit or license is if your a member of a shooting club and then it's only to and from the clubs ranges, not anywhere you want.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:29 PM

Thread of the year
Old 02-18-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
How many people live in your head? NaitHadya started this thread and PatF took over.

Maybe it does take a village to raise....
No PatF didn't take over another guys thread it's people like you that is keeping this going, if someone replies to something I wrote then I'll reply back, so people like you with nothing in your head, people or otherwise, should stop replying to my post. I started out with a reply to Nait Hadya and people like you with nothing to say just keep going.

Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”
Old 02-18-2011, 04:35 PM

What province are you from PatF?
Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM

Pat are you by any chance related to Riley Martin
Old 02-18-2011, 04:39 PM

Default Greenland??

PatF
Just wondering if you live in Greenland or what?
I"ve never heard of regualtions for firearms like your describing.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I'm from Newfoundland and Labrador and the gun laws are very strict here, and to (Chasintail) we have a population of around 500,000 people and I think, I'm not exactly sure of th number but it's around 50,000 moose licenses given out each year until last year when it was increased significantly
Old 02-18-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPAGE View Post
Pat are you by any chance related to Riley Martin
I could be related to you I've been around, I may know your mother, geez I may owe child support
Old 02-18-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I was about to ask the same question....wonder if they will answer

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 02-18-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrapper View Post
PatF
Just wondering if you live in Greenland or what?
I"ve never heard of regualtions for firearms like your describing.
well they exist, as much as I don't like it (to a point) right here in Canada, Newfoundland to be exact, you don't drive around here with your gun proudly displayed in the back window of your pickup truck.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBrain View Post
I was about to ask the same question....wonder if they will answer
Already did. check out the laws here online if you think they don't exist
Old 02-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Gone Hunting

PAtF. Thank you for that analysis. I see now that you and he are two different people who had the same English teachers.

I see the error of my ways and I will take your advice.

Just to show there are no hard feelings, please let me send you a bag of punctuation and assorted capital letters that I had planned to use in the future in this thread. I won't be needing them now and you obviously will.

Have a good one, By.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-18-2011, 04:55 PM

Its one thing to be delusional its another thing entirely to be a dead beat dad.

Its Friday night, so how about some of that child support, I might be able to put it to good use
Closed Thread