Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-08-2013, 03:54 PM

Default fishing this weekend

Hi all.. looking at going to a lake for some fishing action this weekend im free friday sat or sun any day is good for me just a day trip though got truck and a decent fishing boat msg me if anyone is intersted.. I live in edmonton and im down for any lake .. would leave early and come home late get the most time on the water
Old 07-09-2013, 11:04 AM

Default fishing this weekend

Thinking of heading up to a northern lake for some big fishing action this weekend.. any one intersted in tagging along.. shoot me a pm.. got all the gear.. truck, boat, ..
Old 07-17-2013, 06:17 PM

Default Fishing

Hey! anyone want to get into some walleye, pike, perch fishing this weekend? I live in Coaldale, I have a 16' aluminum Lund that barely gets used. Kind of new to the area so I'm looking to meet someone with the same passion as I have.

Fire me a PM , I'm off all weekend
Old 07-17-2013, 08:18 PM

Well, my week of work is almost done and plans to go fish Northern Idaho have fallen through. Looking to get out a little closer to home though. I'll probably head to Nokitwen park by Manning or maybe try to find some access to the confluence of the Smokey and Little Smokey, or Wapiti and Smokey rivers. Either way, I'll probably be running into GP before I head out, PM if interested.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-22-2013, 06:02 PM

Edmonton area
Looking to go for a full day of fishing saturday. Am thinking wab but very open to other ideas. I have access to a boat and trolling motor just not a vehicle to pull it.

Pm me if interested
Old 07-25-2013, 05:02 PM

Who wants to go fishing for some trout a few hours south of edmonton? I am broke so if anybody has gas money I will drive out there on Saturday, browns brooks bulls and Rockies!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:42 PM

hey guys! im down for anything (edmonton) I have gas money AND a fishing pole, must be smoker friendly though :P friday night, sat and sun.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:53 PM

Default trunk road fishing.

Headed to edson and going south fri morning maybe staying the night somewhere. Mainly fly fishing, driving the jeep so going to do a little exploring along the way I f anyone wants to pitch on gas or meet up out there send me a pm.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:58 PM

Looking for fishing partner, my 16 yr old now decided girls are more important than fishing.

Thinking of heading out to Cold Lake wed/ thurs or thurs friday this week if anyone is interested. over nighter to make the most of it. Mainly Laker fishing if anyone is interested.... have the boat and gear. Must be able to handle being in a boat long days and easy going LOL.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:04 PM

hey guy lookin to get into sturgeon im about half hour north of lethbridge any one whos willing to take a noob out for a day would be great able to go until next Wednesday thanks

"Theirs a fine Line between fishing and standing on the shore like a dummy" - steven
Old 08-03-2013, 06:03 PM

Thinking about heading out any day this week. I live in NW Calgary. I have a vehicle, aluminum boat, and a bunch of gear. Was thinking of chain lakes, but I'm into anything within a couple hours of Calgary. PM me if interested.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:26 PM

Default Trout!

Hi I live in edmonton and I am willing to drive a couple hours away where I know is some good trout fishing, so if anyone is without a vehicle but has money for gas lets go catch some trout and Rocky Mountain Whitefish this weekend! Give me a pm
Old 08-08-2013, 08:51 PM

Default Fresh Trout?

Anyone interested?
Old 08-10-2013, 11:47 PM

Default Fishing Aug 13th

Got the day off on tuesday Aug 13th and looking to get some fishing in.. I live in edmonton and am willing to travel up to 3 hrs to a lake.. will have to leave early and come home later to get a full day of fishing in.. Got truck and boat and all the gear.. If anyone is intersted in joining shoot me a msg..
Old 08-11-2013, 01:29 AM

Going to be at fish lake in nordegg for a couple days if anyone wants to fish.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:33 PM

Default August 15th

I'm headed out to where the Pembina meets the attabasca for some Walleye. It's a bit of a drive and a short walk to get there but it's worth the trip. Headed out tomorrow morning if anyone is interested.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:32 AM

Been out of the province most of the summer but will be back this weekend. Want to go check out some new lakes and meet some new people.

I have a great little 12' boat and also have a fishing kayak. Willing to go almost anywhere for day trips or multi day trips. If someone has a bigger boat and regularly goes to Cold or some other lake with lake trout would love to hang out and catch my first laker.

I also have a fly fishing rod which if someone wants to show me how to use better would be kind of cool(so far I think I am more of a casting type fisherman lol).
Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM

I'm camping solo at Wabamun for another 3 days, fishing is decent but getting a little boring alone. I just have a 14' tinny with a 25hp but it's set up well for 2 people. I thought maybe someone who's used to shore fishing might want to head out on the lake, it's no luxury boat but it beats sitting on a dock.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:43 PM

Default Red Deer Fishing

Hey everyone I am new to Alberta and I am dying to get out and do some fishing! I live in Red Deer and have nobody to fish with. I am looking for someone to show me a few good local areas where I can go out and try some cast and reel until I get set up with all my equipment for fly fishing and trolling.
Thanks,
Lee
Old 08-26-2013, 03:40 PM

Hey guys, come join on us on our FB group to find instant fishing buddies and more.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2872..._comment_reply
Old 08-29-2013, 08:31 PM

Default New fisherman, need mentor

Hello all,

I'm a new fisherman, not really new to the outdoors but haven't ever fished before. I am a young man looking for someone to show me the ropes.

Picked up a copy of the regs (will be studying extensively) and a basic fishing setup today, and I am eager to put it to use. I have a towing-capable 4x4, but no boat or trailer yet. I don't by any means want to steal anyone's honeyhole, but I'd just like to learn a few techniques from some more experienced folks.

Give me a shout if you're interested in taking out a young fisherman!

Mike
Old 08-31-2013, 07:30 AM

I'm headed to Balzac/Calgary area today and want to hit the Bow.
I've only ever fished it once. If anyone wants to meet up I'll be ready to fish from 1-5pm. If not is anyone willing to offer location/directions? I would certainly return the favour for some central AB waters.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastcoastAngler View Post
Hey everyone I am new to Alberta and I am dying to get out and do some fishing! I live in Red Deer and have nobody to fish with. I am looking for someone to show me a few good local areas where I can go out and try some cast and reel until I get set up with all my equipment for fly fishing and trolling.
Thanks,
Lee
I'm headed to Dickson Dam Sunday Am. It'll be an early start but you welcome to join me.

Just PM me for directions if you need to.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:50 PM

Anyone want to go fishing tomorrow?

Right now I am leaning towards Wabamun but open to other ideas. If it is too windy(not supposed to be) I know a nice little lake close by as well.

If you want to go somewhere further and stay overnight fine with me too.

I have a 12'er and can fit a couple more people.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:26 PM

Heading to Mcgregor or PCR this afternoon...Anyone interested in meeting up some where?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:33 PM

Smile

Headin back out to Wab in the morning...got a seat if anyone is interested
Pm me...that would be Friday morning the 6th of sept...wow sept already.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:35 PM

Hey sorry for the delay! I didnt get the time off work I planned on getting. I will be home on the 17th of september for a week if you are interested in heading out fishing. If so could you send me a email or txt message. My email is marchandlee@hotmail.com and my # is 9022277248. Thank you!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:43 PM

Again. Blackstone River. Leaving friday. Can tow trailer out or Tent. Whatever. Thinking of going for a short few casts Friday eve. All day Saturday. And Sunday morning. Take off about noon on Sunday. Meet at my place near Lodgepole. Split food and Gas costs. Text or email me 1-780-898-0525 or aritchie1@hotmail.com

Cheers

Alan

Last edited by 87stocker; 09-09-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:22 AM

Thinking I will try my luck at Wabamun again tomorrow, starting to get hooked on catching theses larger pike. Anyone want to tag along?
Old 09-12-2013, 04:37 PM

I've got 1 more week left of this 4 week shift to deal with before days off start. I'm just itching to go fishin' I'll have a week off, and be hitting some spots near High Prairie, and going to my hole on the Lesser Slave River. Would like to check out some of the confluences on the Athabasca in that general area as well. Also game for some travel for some fish too. Anyone want to join me, or take me along somewhere PM me.

Days off start the 20th.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro