Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-10-2013, 12:10 PM

Land owning is the way to go. In single owner form or group, at least game can be somewhat managed on private land by controlling hunting. Someone made the comment that the game animals on private land are "our" animals. Absolutely right. But our animals on crown land are grossly mismanaged. Many of the animals needed to replenish populations on crown land will have migrated off protected or public land. When I buy my own land in the near future I will control wolves to the best of my ability and there will be no substinance hunting free for all. If the guy living next to me does the same and so on, there might be enough game for my kids to hunt. Its shocking how much lifeless habitat I have walked thru in 30 yrs of hunting.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Snukkle View Post
Land owning is the way to go. In single owner form or group, at least game can be somewhat managed on private land by controlling hunting. Someone made the comment that the game animals on private land are "our" animals. Absolutely right. But our animals on crown land are grossly mismanaged. Many of the animals needed to replenish populations on crown land will have migrated off protected or public land. When I buy my own land in the near future I will control wolves to the best of my ability and there will be no substinance hunting free for all. If the guy living next to me does the same and so on, there might be enough game for my kids to hunt. Its shocking how much lifeless habitat I have walked thru in 30 yrs of hunting.
x2
Old 10-10-2013, 12:34 PM

Sorry thats protected or private land in my previous post. My bad
Old 10-10-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
regardless of setting up a corp or holding company, no bank will do this without personal guarantees of all involved. little messy. thinking less is more if you can do it!
People within a group will have money for down payment. A good down payment the banks will hold the mortgage, screw up they will forclose. I my self when i sell land hopld the mortgage done through a lawyer. Exactly like a bank, has forcloser cause.

Many want their own land , what Dan is doing is trying to obtain that dream and goal with aid of others who want the same.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Snukkle View Post
Sorry thats to protected or private land in my previous post. My bad
could not resist....sorry great post
Old 10-10-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norma View Post
x2
x3

Hunting clubs are very popular in the US for this very reason.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:27 PM

Being I have been a banker for 30 years, regardless of down payment, personal guarantees will be required period........it was a comment to advise, has no bearing on what Dan and group are trying to accomplish. All the power to them and hope they realize on their dream Banks are not in the business to foreclose, they don't do equity deals like in the ol' days. private lenders do but usually at a premium..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eze View Post
People within a group will have money for down payment. A good down payment the banks will hold the mortgage, screw up they will forclose. I my self when i sell land hopld the mortgage done through a lawyer. Exactly like a bank, has forcloser cause.

Many want their own land , what Dan is doing is trying to obtain that dream and goal with aid of others who want the same.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Being I have been a banker for 30 years, regardless of down payment, personal guarantees will be required period........it was a comment to advise, has no bearing on what Dan and group are trying to accomplish. All the power to them and hope they realize on their dream Banks are not in the business to foreclose, they don't do equity deals like in the ol' days. private lenders do but usually at a premium..........
Really? I'd be surprised if a bank said no to an unsecured 50k loan on a 100k property?
Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 PM

Generally 40% minimum down payment for bare land. Might be a bit different nowadays but the banks used that number years ago because judges were always reluctant to foreclose on land when its is required for the farmer to make his living.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:50 PM

In a corp or holding company. All day long! Add raw land on top of that. Well it just got worst

's
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppercarbide View Post
Really? I'd be surprised if a bank said no to an unsecured 50k loan on a 100k property?
Old 10-10-2013, 04:57 PM

It seems like we hi jacked Dan s Thread here. Sorry Dan. I hope you succeed in your dream. I am sure you and your interested people will achive what your after, with determination

When you ready contact me i know of land opportunity that i can direct you to some future sellers
Old 10-10-2013, 09:55 PM

You guys should set up a trapping company and purchase a trap line. Then you could supplement your payments with the trapping if some guys wanted to. 10 partners with equal say and you vote to let anyone into the corporation as a partner or not. I might be interested in something like that since trapping is something I'd like to get into but due to cost isnt feasible for me to do on my own right now.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpound View Post
Generally 40% minimum down payment for bare land. Might be a bit different nowadays but the banks used that number years ago because judges were always reluctant to foreclose on land when its is required for the farmer to make his living.
It's only 30% now but still a lot if he's looking at 500k in land. If they buy a place with a permanent residence attached they would only need 5% I believe but I'm not up on how it would work for a corporation.