Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-12-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Nice pics guys. I could use a guy or 2 like a few of you to guide this fall for a few days!!!! I would post a few pics up myself but I think it would take a lot to put them all up. I will see if I can dig up a few later tonight
I can vouch for Nube being a straight shooter.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:08 AM

These photos are great, The season is fast approaching. This year my main objective is "In the moment photos". Erie has that down pat.... As do the rest of you....
Old 07-15-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewP View Post
This year my main objective is "In the moment photos"
Thanks Matt I was just fortunate to have the camera as much as I did. These are from the last two years so not quite a year ago.
Family

Brothers

Daisy/Brother

Tree dog
Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 PM

Most unbelievable "timber" hunt in OK I've ever been on

Not force fetched

Working on a short film for this season, here Im capturing a sunset while they harvest wheat.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:16 PM

Old 07-16-2013, 03:33 AM

Those are the quality pictures I want to emphasize on this season. The ones that capture the story. Like the video 3for3 commented on. Great work
Old 07-16-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie View Post
Small film that I made after visiting you all's province for the first time last year. Watch in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpgfu...WjXmZmOZOq80vQ
Great video Erie, just watched the whole thing - LOVE waterfowl!!
Cat
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Great video Erie, just watched the whole thing - LOVE waterfowl!!
Cat
I hope it will be better this year with better equipment and a more cinematic feel. Everything I capture this year is going into a personal short film I'm making on what the hunting heritage means to me. I have about 18 scenes shot already and am still working on the script for the voice over but it's been fun making it and has really opened my eyes to how enthraled my life is with bird hunting.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:20 AM

Great pics and video Erie. Are you guys from Washington? I hunted sea ducks down there a couple years ago and want to go back one of these winters again. I had a blast
Old 07-16-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Great pics and video Erie. Are you guys from Washington? I hunted sea ducks down there a couple years ago and want to go back one of these winters again. I had a blast
Yes I am from the south Puget sound area in Washington. I hunted sea ducks last year for the first year and will be doing it again this year out of my UFO boat but just need to find someone with a bigger boat to tender it. I've offered it up a few other times but if you ever make it to western WA send me a PM and I'll try and host you for a hunt.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:32 PM

I was looking for someone to go with again down there. I met a couple guys online a couple years ago and they invited me down. Shot puddle ducks, divers, harli, scoters, longtails and even smashed a few geese. We weren't over the border very far and hit a few spots. It was a blast. What do you need for boats? I got 2 zodiacs and an aluminium.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:03 PM

Nube, we are both from the South/Central Puget Sound area in Washington.

Erie, How big a tender do you need, I have an 18ft open semi vee style boat, And hunt the The area you use to live for Harli's and longtails, Golden eye. The Harli's from pods close to shore line, And the longtails out further in the boat, But a UFO would be the ticket.

Fly into Seattle Nube, and I will help Erie, get you after some sea ducks. one of us would even pick ya up at the Airport
Old 07-16-2013, 06:14 PM

Now we're talkin'. Nube's been tring to get me down south to shoot some "Pretty" ducks. We don't see ducks here in full plumage too often. We get some in November that are plumed up but most leave because of freeze up before they get fully plumed.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewP View Post
Nube, we are both from the South/Central Puget Sound area in Washington.

Erie, How big a tender do you need, I have an 18ft open semi vee style boat, And hunt the The area you use to live for Harli's and longtails, Golden eye. The Harli's from pods close to shore line, And the longtails out further in the boat, But a UFO would be the ticket.

Fly into Seattle Nube, and I will help Erie, get you after some sea ducks. one of us would even pick ya up at the Airport
HMMMM!!! I thin Cowtown and a few others are going to twist my arm now
I might have time this winter to do it actually. Got to see when the wife plans Disneyworld and go from there. I suspect the season is still open till end of Jan? I think that is when Brant are open as well?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I might have time this winter to do it actually. Got to see when the wife plans Disneyworld and go from there. I suspect the season is still open till end of Jan? I think that is when Brant are open as well?
A 18ft boat would be perfect as long as there's room to either tender the boat on the front or the back. We used a 18' Lowe last year and it worked awesome. Nube, get some dates around and I'll get some leave in the books and talk with the wife and you can crash in one of the spare bedrooms if you want to avoid the hotel fee. So long as you mind your manners and promise not to drink all the beer I'd love to host ya. I had the pleasure of "Sneeze" hosting me last year in Leth. GREAT DUDE!!!!!!! Was embarrassed when Daisy snuck out from the basement and distracted the kids getting read for school but he tolerated me for a few nights and I need to repay the favor. January is the best month for plum ducks and typically when our season gets good. Never hunted brant nor cared much to do it but I know good guys that would take ya if you made the trip. I know a guy with a few UFO 5+ so getting a extra one wouldn't be to difficult.
Here's the boat.

Lastly, here's the "logo" I made up at the end of last season to keep me sane until this coming October.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 PM

I could probably bring my own layout boats. I have 4 of them but don't use them much. We basically tied 2 dozen decoys behind a big 20 foot boat and shot them without any hassle at all. The longtails were the tougher one and had to use a little more smarts to get them lol

I might seriously think of doing it now. Just got to figure out if I can get the time or not. Cowtown is allready twisting the arm pretty good

Also looking at the map we hunted just outside of Everett and stayed there. We also hunted just south of Bellingham as well.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I could probably bring my own layout boats. I have 4 of them but don't use them much. We basically tied 2 dozen decoys behind a big 20 foot boat and shot them without any hassle at all. The longtails were the tougher one and had to use a little more smarts to get them lol

I might seriously think of doing it now. Just got to figure out if I can get the time or not. Cowtown is allready twisting the arm pretty good

Also looking at the map we hunted just outside of Everett and stayed there. We also hunted just south of Bellingham as well.
Both good areas. I hunt more of the clam beds, Matt should know where Im referring to and I know a guy out in on the Peninsula with a Banks that Im sure he would host a few of us for some Harlis and LT.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 PM

I'd love to get a Harli! Vegas in Feb and Africa in May. I don't know if wifey would let me go in January Nube. I'll have to work on her.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:26 PM

Might have to make it in 2015 and have these boys up for a shoot or 2 before we go down
Old 07-16-2013, 09:41 PM

Well the offer is on the table. Cowtown you just have to promise to put up as good as a write up as Nube did on his Africa trip.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie View Post
Well the offer is on the table. Cowtown you just have to promise to put up as good as a write up as Nube did on his Africa trip.
Done. The guys in the country on dial up modems are going to hate my thread. I agree with Nube. We should try and get you guys up for a few shoots.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
might have to make it in 2015 and have these boys up for a shoot or 2 before we go down:sha_shakeshout:
like!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:49 PM

Here's one from last fall hunting snows. Great picture I think for using the panorama feature on an I phone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (26.0 KB, 52 views)
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 AM

Yes, I know the clam beds you mention Ben. We really start to see some nice birds mid Dec until end of Jan.
I also have a guest room. And if bringing a gun is a hassle, I have a spare , Venci, if you want to swing it.
We are only allowed 1 Harli though, and we get se nice LT, and might see a Ruddy if we are lucky.
Also I to have never chased Brandt. Let us know when you want to come down. I would look forward to it.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
i am in
Old 07-17-2013, 09:38 AM

Swifthunter, a bit of sun on the left side, and a million plus birds, getting up and splitting left/right, and hitting the sunlight, is the picture I have in my mind, of the first time to Sask on snows. Your pic is much the same sky as I saw.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 AM

Awesome pics guys! Eerie, great job as always. I'll have to keep an eye out for that OK "timber" spot. Countdown has started and I can't wait to get this season in gear!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:29 PM

Default Spotted Lab.

Hey Josh ....is that one of those spotted lab retrievers .....beauty..
Old 07-17-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
Hey Josh ....is that one of those spotted lab retrievers .....beauty..
Ahh you should know by know that those lab types aint good for nuthin except getting the truck dirty. I swear by my versatiles.