Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:40 AM

Default How do I block p.m.'s from putz's

I just had a guy ask me about a shotgun I sold a year ago and then tell me

"Kindly post sold so their would be no further confusion" Rather than tell him to f.o., not so kindly, how do I block his p.m.'s. By the way he's been asking a lot of members to send him pics and is insultingly low-balling everybody's prices on their posts.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:46 AM

I cant comment on his other posts but I dont personally se anything wrong with asking you to update a post when an item is sold.

DK
Old 07-28-2010, 07:49 AM

It was a year ago............and I answered his pm , so.....buh bye. No need to tell me what to do. Anyway I still want to know how to block him. After looking at his posts, I'm sure some others will want to do the same.

Last edited by ACKLEY ABE; 07-28-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:57 AM

Abe,

Would you take $250 for the shotgun??
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 07-28-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoKilo View Post
Abe,

Would you take $250 for the shotgun??
Sure it was only worth 220.00 new........ I won it at a shoot.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKLEY ABE View Post
It was a year ago............and I answered his pm , so.....buh bye. No need to tell me what to do. Anyway I still want to know how to block him. After looking at his posts, I'm sure some others will want to do the same.
update your post...or simply say it's sold in a PM reply

why would you tell someone to F.O. cause they inquired on a gun you posted for sale ....

Old 07-28-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn?Narn. View Post
update your post...or simply say it's sold in a PM reply

why would you tell someone to F.O. cause they inquired on a gun you posted for sale ....

I did send him a polite reply telling him it was sold....and you're right I shouldn't be such a cranky old so n so. I wasn't cranky about him asking about the firearm, it was his reply telling me what to do.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
.... I dont personally see anything wrong with asking you to update a post when an item is sold.

DK
X2. I find it quite annoying to be searching for an item...find one listed here for sale, start reading post after post, only to find out at the last post that it's been sold...and the OP hasn't bothered to change the title. (It takes two seconds).
To have to learn about it after emailing the seller and waiting for a response is even more annoying.
I've given up looking to buy stuff in the AO's b&s section for that very reason. I just head straight to kijiji or usedcalgary.com. Much better listings.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:

"Kindly post sold so their would be no further confusion" Rather than tell him to f.o., not so kindly, how do I block his p.m.'s. By the way he's been asking a lot of members to send him pics and is insultingly low-balling everybody's prices on their posts.
If you look at the very top of each page, you will see at the very left,
USER CP (Control Panel) click on that, then on the left side of the page, go down to Edit Ignore List.

there you may set to ignore, all of us on the forum if instead of taking frendly help, your going to bark,bite, and(qoute).. "so.....buh bye. No need to tell me what to do" "and you're right I shouldn't be such a cranky old so n so"unqoute

glad I could help you out )
Old 07-28-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFisherman View Post
If you look at the very top of each page, you will see at the very left,
USER CP (Control Panel) click on that, then on the left side of the page, go down to Edit Ignore List.

there you may set to ignore, all of us on the forum if instead of taking frendly help, your going to bark,bite, and(qoute).. "so.....buh bye. No need to tell me what to do" "and you're right I shouldn't be such a cranky old so n so"unqoute

glad I could help you out )

Actually a very good idea. Thks for your help. Anyone that needs to reach me can get my email address from Catnthehat.

Seeya
Old 07-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:

I just became aware of this person. Not sure what his deal was, he was digging up massive amounts of very old ads in the Buy & Sell and asking for pics. Obviously just wasting everyone's time, being an annoying nuisance, trolling, etc. He has been taken care of.
Closed Thread