Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-11-2008, 11:10 PM

Play-Doh, good first post, you will be loved around here, i am sure

Jamie, good writing man!! Congrats to your pops for putting one down, and to you for the experience in itself. Something i have to do one day, just as soon as one of those million dollar business ideas works out for me, lol.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:01 AM

Great report Jaimie. Thanks for sharing. Its never about the kill but about the hunt.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:44 AM

Two thumbs up Jim and Jamie !

Been up to AK 4 times. Through the inside passage one time. Loved it so much I tried to move up there back in the 80s !
Old 05-12-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Play-Doh, good first post, you will be loved around here, i am sure
No worries, I'm not here to 'stir the pot' or condone this or that. These forums are open to the public, so if opinions from the public that don't conform to yours truly bother you, then I'm afraid thats your problem.
By "you" I don't mean anyone specific, just a general example.

I thought Jamie's story was terrific, despite my personal feeling about his prey. I'm not a pretentious person, and I just tell it like it is.

Yet again, I'm not looking for an argument or trying to make anyone else feel the same way I do. Just a simple compliment for a story well written.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 AM

Great story and I hope there is still one more chapter Jamie. I am really happy for you and your Dad. Sharing a hunt like that is just awesome. Great bear that your Dad got as well. Thanks for posting it.

Chet
Old 05-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
You certainly have a talent for writing, great story. I'm not a hunter, nor can I comprehend how someone would want to kill something as majestic as a Bear. I don't have ill feelings towards those who do, yet I have to admit I was rooting for the Bears your whole story.

My uncle had a big bear skin, and as cool as it was I never felt good about the manor in which it was obtained. I'm not a tree hugger, its just something I know I wouldn't enjoy.

I would however liked to have joined you on your adventure and made better use of your D-70. lol. Thanks for sharing your hunt, and for doing a great job at it.

I'd say 'good luck' on your next Bear hunt, but I wouldn't really mean it.
Actually I appreciated how PlayDoh went about his post. He made it clear Bear hunting was not his thing, but yet didnt go as far as condeming those who like to do it.
Sometimes its not what you say, its how you say it. More than a few people on this board could take a lesson from this post.
There is nothing wrong with not wanting to do what some of us do. But there is no need to condemn it or overly question why we do it.

Jamie
Old 05-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Gone Hunting

Good story Jamie, congrats for Jim.
Thanks for posting.
Andrew

150 TTSX vs Goat-WOW
http://youtu.be/37JwmSOQ3pY
Old 05-12-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
No worries, I'm not here to 'stir the pot' or condone this or that. These forums are open to the public, so if opinions from the public that don't conform to yours truly bother you, then I'm afraid thats your problem.
By "you" I don't mean anyone specific, just a general example.

I thought Jamie's story was terrific, despite my personal feeling about his prey. I'm not a pretentious person, and I just tell it like it is.

Yet again, I'm not looking for an argument or trying to make anyone else feel the same way I do. Just a simple compliment for a story well written.
Great First Post PlayDoh!!! Well said my father inlaw feels the same about all things I hunt yet understands that I enjoy it like. He likes to here the stories and even get pictures which he displays yet never hesitates to let me know he is cheering for the critters. Welcome on board if you are like my Paw inlaw you are probably less sensetive to the fish
Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 AM

Congrats Jamie and Jim. What an awesome adventure! Thanks for sharing your journal. I'll keep the fingers crossed hoping you get yourself up there again.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:18 PM

Wow, great story and pics Jamie! Sounds like you had an awesome trip even though you missed getting a bear! It is all about the experience! Good to see some good bonding time with your dad too...always important! Hope to see you up our way sometime.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:06 PM

Good read Jamie..............I usually pass on the long ones lol. I like the "Cool Pic" the best of all. Your Dad is going to have one fine looking rug (rug or ?).
Old 05-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
Good read Jamie..............I usually pass on the long ones lol. I like the "Cool Pic" the best of all. Your Dad is going to have one fine looking rug (rug or ?).
Ehntr. Yes it was a little longwinded, but its hard to describe what I heard and felt up there. My wife is makeing up a book with pics and that story in it. Hopefully we can get it bound nice then I will have a keepsake.
I also like that pic, for the longest time I thought that was Dad, but in fact it is me.
The bear will be made into a rug, I spoke with CITES today, they need just a bit more info and then it will be down here. I expect it to be here in approx 1 month. I just need to have my guoides get out of the field.

Jamie
Old 05-13-2008, 07:26 PM

re making up a book. Check out this link. My daughter gave me one for Christmas.......it was the apple version photobook....but this is similar. Pictures and text done up in a professionally bound book.