Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-14-2018, 04:36 PM

Default RCBS case lube spray.

Has anybody used RCBS spray on case lubricant? Is there one way that’s best to apply the stuff, and clean it off after sizing? Thanks for your help.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:03 PM

I put all my brass in a holder block then spray it. That way I can get all angles and the inside of the neck. With that said, i also clean all of my brass in a stainless steel tumbler after resizing. If you don't plan on cleaning your brass if might be easier top just spray the rcbs foam brass roller then lightly roll your brass, but that seems kind of counter productive to having spray in a can. Personally, I wouldn't use the spray if I didn't have the option to clean my brass afterwards. It's nearly impossible to NOT get the spray inside the brass when you broadcast the spray. I don't like the idea of having lube inside my brass when loading ammunition.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:21 PM

If they haven't changed it in the last few years, it is one of the best there is.
Can even just lay them out flat and spray.....roll them a little....and spritz again....doesn't take much of that stuff.
To avoid the fear of lube inside or remaining on the cases, simply wash them in soap and hot water after all your sizing operations are completed.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:03 PM

I use a Tupperware container.

Put the brass in, spray some on the brass, put the lid on and shake.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:14 PM

Default Rcbs case lube

Thanks guys. Has anybody ever had a misfire they think was caused by lube on the primer or powder.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:57 AM

I used RCBS Case Slick spray for years but found something better. Dillon Case Lube is similar but about 1/4 the price. I stand up about 10 cases at a time on a paper towel and spritz them, purposely getting some inside the necks. You need lube inside too, for your expander. I wipe off excess after sizing, then trim if necessary, then brush primer pockets and chamfer the mouth if I trimmed. Then they go for a ride in corn cob media tumbler, which absorbs all lube residue, inside and out. No need to wash and dry. Lube left inside cases in the presence of primer and powder would be bad. I know the corncob media removes all lube because I've pulled bullets and dumped out the powder, and it's always been dry and not clumped together.

Last edited by gunluvr; 09-15-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:57 AM

I made a spraying block,just pound a buncha 2” finish nails into a wood block and stand your cases up mouth down,spray 20 cases at a time or more if you want.