Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-22-2018, 04:10 PM

Question WIN card name change

Silly question but I assumed my maiden name last year before the hunting season and changed all my info on the albertarelm site but I buggered up my back and never went out last year.

Now I'm looking and my married name is still on the physical card, I phoned and the lady wasn't much help as she told me to change the info online which I already have. My question is do I just purchase a new card even though this one is good until 2020? I just don't want to get in trouble is I get stopped and checked this coming season.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:13 PM

Use the same number...when the card is up for renewal then the new name should be on it.

If you get another card...you will be a first time hunter in the system and NONE of your priority will be linked, you will have to activate the hunting endorsement as though you are a new hunter.

LC
Old 05-22-2018, 04:18 PM

@Lefty-Canuck Thank you so much! That would have been a real bummer to lose my priority points. Thank you for the fast reply :-)
Old 05-22-2018, 04:22 PM

You could also drop by a local F&W office...if they run your number they should be able to tell you what shows in their system.

When you log in does your new info appear?

LC
Old 05-22-2018, 04:34 PM

Yeah my name was changed as of last year on the website, I figured the WIN card would be the same as the Hunters Education Card as they re-issued a certificate as well as a new card reflecting the change. I'm sure glad I asked here before taking her advice lol
Old 05-22-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wispyrr View Post
Yeah my name was changed as of last year on the website, I figured the WIN card would be the same as the Hunters Education Card as they re-issued a certificate as well as a new card reflecting the change. I'm sure glad I asked here before taking her advice lol
There is no requirement to carry your WIN, it just facilitates the purchase of licenses and tags. The WIN number is your unique identifier for the system.

LC
Old 05-22-2018, 07:12 PM

Default Win

If you definitely wanted your card to reflect your correct name you could order a new card and for $8.00 your mind will be at ease but I'm sure as Lefty has said this is not necessary.