Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-07-2018, 07:28 PM

Default Primos Bulletproof 2-Trail camera

Anybody else own one of these cameras? I just bought one at Canadian tire today. They were on sale for $59.99. The guy that helped me said that they were at $44.99 a couple weeks ago. I’m not much into trail cams, this is my first one. I have always been too scared to have them stolen. I figured for the price of this one, it won’t hurt too much to lose it. After using my crappy tire money, it cost me $26.00!! Any input you guys have would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:37 PM

I got one also. Have yet to hang it up. Perhaps in next day or so. It will be interesting to see if I can get the infrared light setting to trigger how I want it. Instructions don’t seem all that great.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:43 PM

I was debating whether to get one or two or not a couple of weeks ago as well. And yes, they were 40 some dollars then. At the same time I checked a few others places that carry them and they were $70+ everywhere else. I did not find much feedback and reviews about them and (if I remember correctly) I saw some negative comments, so I decided to pass. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys let us know how it works out if you hang yours up
Old 01-08-2018, 08:13 AM

I picked one up as well when they were $45. Its my first cam also. Most of the negative comments I saw related to the initial set up of the day/time. Set mine up with 0 issues. Still have to set it up in the field. I have a spot in mine but haven't had the time to take it out.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:51 AM

I picked on up this summer to try out as i have the fear of anything expensive growing legs and disappearing on me.

the pic quality is pretty good for the price. you must use a regular SD card (no mini sd in holder) and the cam puts a file on it to be set up on a computer for date and time settings.

whatever you attach the trail cam to must be very sturdy. I got a lot of pics (like 1000 pics+)of a week of windy days where my wild game trail cams werent affected on the same tree.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bullet cam.jpg (91.5 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg bullet cam 2.jpg (66.1 KB, 118 views)
Old 01-08-2018, 11:27 AM

^ thanks to the post! Does it work well in the cold?
Old 01-08-2018, 12:18 PM

i dont set up cameras in the cold. i just assume generally electronics overall dont like cold. If its not the camera that would fail, it would be the batteries freezing.

I bought it with the intention of not feeling bad if someone walks off with it and it is a very basic camera. best way to test is put it outside turned on for a while (or a few days)then see if it takes pics. test at the camera and at a distance and you should get a decent idea of how it may perform
Old 01-08-2018, 01:42 PM

I did not buy it yet to try it out

I only have a couple of cameras and I leave them year round. One of them is bushnell, which appears to be working very well. The other one is stealth cam, which cost about the same as the bushnell, but it almost stops working at probably -5 or so. I exchanged it after a few weeks of use and the the second one does the same. I now wish I returned it when I could and bought another bushnell instead.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:10 PM

Not bad pictures at all.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:18 PM

I picked up a few of these a while back at Cabela's I think where they ended up right at $40 with a mail in rebate. I had the same thought that at that price it won't hurt as much if they disappear. The pictures are pretty good overall during the day. Night pictures could be a little better but can't complain for the price. Also, the complaint that I've read but haven't experienced yet is that once the batteries die you need to either bring the camera back or your laptop out there to reset the time on the SD card so your cam shows the proper time. I had one set of batteries last multiple months so it wasn't a problem for me.

I also captured my best ever photos on one of these of a few moose fighting. http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=333587
Old 02-26-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
Anybody else own one of these cameras? I just bought one at Canadian tire today. They were on sale for $59.99. The guy that helped me said that they were at $44.99 a couple weeks ago. I’m not much into trail cams, this is my first one. I have always been too scared to have them stolen. I figured for the price of this one, it won’t hurt too much to lose it. After using my crappy tire money, it cost me $26.00!! Any input you guys have would be great. Thanks in advance.
Im looking at this one on amazon:

http://amzn.to/2CL3rSx

It seems like a fairly decent price range and looks like till be a pretty good camera.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:19 PM

I got 2 bullet proof 2 in my stocking for Christmas. I just bought some memory cards for them. I am hopefully going to go scout a new area on my next set of days off. Hopefully in a month I'll have some pictures to compare quality. I also have wildgame innovations and a simmons. I try to keep my cameras cheap as I don't trust others.

Now I look around and wonder if I like them!
Old 02-26-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog Edm View Post
I try to keep my cameras cheap as I don't trust others.
Same here!