Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-18-2008, 09:21 PM

Default Tikka T3 Tactical Bipod

Hey, I'm looking for a Harris alternative for my Tikka. Everyone has a Harris! This gun will never see one. I'm looking for opinions on nice sleek bipods for my gun. Neat looking, smooth operation and fit are very important to me. I'll spend money if need be, but please don't post a Harris. GG&G is the leader right now. I really like the look of the TRG pod, but custom machined adaptor is more costly than the pod. Thanks for your time.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:37 PM

The Versa Pod's have a quick detach feature and you can attach their adaptors to a few of your rifles.... using the one pod between them. The pan and tilt features are useful. Pro-Line Shooters and Alberta Tactical Rifle both carry them in stock.

http://www.versapod.com/categories.asp
Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 PM

Figuring out the height is an exercise in compromise.

I wonder if they're worth their weight and bulk when hunting?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:02 AM

Thanks for the help guys. That looks like a nice pod with a nice price. Quick detach is real nice like you say. Has anyone had any experience with the GG&G for comparison? For some reason I keep going back to it. The height is going to be a tough call. This will be used for bench shooting for the most part. I carry a light browning for hunting.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:49 PM

GG&G are light and exquisitly made with many finely machined little bits and pieces. I have had a few and admire their workmanship.
For the real world I use VersaPods because they work well , are affordable and have nothing that can fall off and get lost.
The GG&Gs also do not have spring loaded legs, which I like or notches in the legs to lock into at various heights, GG&G uses friction via screws for height adjustment, which may or may not lock up well enough depending on how heavy a rifle you use . Your T3 should not be a problem, but I have found this to be an issue with the big boomers I tend to favor.

Extreme Accuracy at Extreme Long Range