Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2020, 05:43 PM

Two Alberta companies just had their FRT's changed. Their hard work and financial well being destroyed by some bimbo in Ottawa.

I pray that the OIC will awake gun owners, hunters, target shooters, friends and families of the stated and turn this upside down on the Liberals. I have never felt so foreign in my own country.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It will stop when civilians are prohibited from owning any firearms. Soon after, we will likely see UN soldiers on our streets.
But that can be changed by gun owners coming together and non gun owners and saying no more confiscation , will happen as this does nothing for safety of the common people
The western Canada needs to come together and say we have had enough, No more overlord rules ,
This is what my grandpa and uncles fought against in ww1 and ww2
The government has become self indulging, not serving the people a originally intended
Time to restart the country
Old 05-15-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
But that can be changed by gun owners coming together and non gun owners and saying no more confiscation , will happen as this does nothing for safety of the common people
The western Canada needs to come together and say we have had enough, No more overlord rules ,
This is what my grandpa and uncles fought against in ww1 and ww2
The government has become self indulging, not serving the people a originally intended
Time to restart the country
When you make rules just for votes you are bot working for the people. 100% agree. They are just working on self preservation.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:08 PM

Gun bans will stop when all citizens(except police and army) are disarmed as has happened in several countries throughout the world in the last 150 years .
Old 05-15-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeHunter View Post
Yes, it follows that since Ruger No.1 receiver is capable of being converted to Weatherby 460 then they are banned.
But wouldn't the NO 1 only be banned if its in 460WBY? All other calibres are fine?
Old 05-15-2020, 09:52 PM

Be careful with ban lists not coming from people like the CSSA and CCFR, the shotgun one today was a fake, CCFR called it out and there were a few more calling it out, the one from the CSSA today is real. I bit on the shotgun one for about 10-15min before I saw the fake warning about it. Glad it wasn't too far down in the feed;

Also re: OIC implementation and the FRT, this list is going around on social media as a list of "newly prohibited firearms."

That is incorrect. The firearms on this list are not necessarily prohibited. The list is simply showing the results of searching "prohibited shotgun" in the FRT. All the guns listed have prohibited VARIANTS, but the parent entries for many (as in most, we just haven't checked them all) are still unchanged and non-restricted.

The prohibited and restricted variants are prohibited due to not meeting OAL or barrel length requirements; guns that have been cut down, or put into pistol-grip stocks with short barrels, or those that can be put into bullpup stocks. The notes on each variant defines why.

BUT TO BE CLEAR THIS LIST IS BULL****. THIS IS NOT A LIST OF PROHIB GUNS.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehunter View Post
But wouldn't the NO 1 only be banned if its in 460WBY? All other calibres are fine?
No.

The Supreme Court ruled in 1993 that 'capable of' included simple alterations. That case was about a mini-uzi which was configured semiautomatic but could be modified with hand metalworking tools to full automatic.

Barrel swaps or rechambering are more basic than that. So all Ruger No. 1s are 'capable of' >10kJ.

The receiver is the firearm. Any receiver 'capable of' a proof...perhaps even a burst load >10kJ would appear to be now prohibited.

Legal opinion:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/CSSA/PDF/20...10K-Joules.pdf

Last edited by SnipeHunter; 05-15-2020 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
No.

The Supreme Court ruled in 1993 that 'capable of' included simple alterations. That case was about a mini-uzi which was configured semiautomatic but could be modified with hand metalworking tools to full automatic.

Barrel swaps or rechambering are more basic than that. So all Ruger No. 1s are 'capable of' >10kJ.

The receiver is the firearm. Any receiver 'capable of' a proof...perhaps even a burst load >10kJ would appear to be now prohibited.

Legal opinion:

Because there is not enough stupidity in this already.

A quick read of this opinion doesn't state what material the bullet is composed of for the purpose of standardized testing.

Supposing the standard is copper and lead.
Using heavier elements can offer greater "capable" Joule potential....

There go a bunch more guns and Silver bullets!

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 05-16-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
No.

Legal opinion:

I know all about rechambering,barrel swaps etc. Been at this **** for 35 years now. I seen parts of the letter but never seen the whole letter. I have pointed out before that if you use his conversion numbers they don't match up to 1.3. Some come in at 1.4 to 1.6 and some change. But by reading the whole letter it would now seem that he is stating that any receiver is now prohib. be it WBY,REM, WIN or any other.
Old 05-16-2020, 10:20 AM

so ............ does ANYONE have ANYTHING other that face book, a company website, twitter to indicate there were more additions to the banned list?

I have not seen anything. I'd prefer to deal with factual information.

Maybe something from the RCMP, Government?
Old 05-16-2020, 11:27 AM

Default nothing yet

Does anyone have 'reasonable' access to any list other than the OIC? I do not think anyone does.
Get out and have safe fun with your firearms!
Old 05-16-2020, 12:06 PM

"Doesn’t it sometimes strike you as odd that all our governments who loudly claim to rule by the will of the people are willing to run almost any risk rather than let their people have arms? Isn’t it almost a principle that a people should not be allowed to defend itself, but should be forced to defend its Government? The only people I know who are trusted by their Government are the Swiss."

- John Wyndham's character from the novel "The Kraken Wakes"; ("Out of the Deeps" in N America)

Just a thought after following this and other threads.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:55 PM

I think the problem is that the Liberals are doing what a majority of people believe will keep them safe. If a poll of all city dwellers was taken 75% would likely be for a total gun ban. We gun owners are a dying breed. We need to introduce more gun fearers to our hobby. To show them that guns are not the problem. The problem is a society with no punishment for doing wrong. A prime example is the car crash in Cagary where a 15 year old was driving at 2:30 AM and got involved with another driver. Hehad 2 friends with him he was killed. Nobody is blaming the 15 year old but they areblaming every thing else. Wkat was a kid with no legal way of having a drivers doing out driving. All we hear is that he was a good boy. I bet people used to say that about Justin Trudea too. Another prime example of no disipline as a child or now.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:17 PM

Who the heck needs a "tactical shotgun"? Thinking the ducks and geese are going to sneak up on you in the middle of the night?
Old 05-16-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
so ............ does ANYONE have ANYTHING other that face book, a company website, twitter to indicate there were more additions to the banned list?

You can go look at the firearms reference table if they ever get it back online...

LC
Old 05-16-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
Who the heck needs a "tactical shotgun"? Thinking the ducks and geese are going to sneak up on you in the middle of the night?
Anyone who can afford one

Who needs a $500k house? Live in a shed

Who needs 4x4? Dont drive in the mud

Who needs a bank account? Pay cash. Stash it at home........but if you stash it at home, you better have a tactical shotgun
Old 05-17-2020, 05:26 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Anyone who can afford one

Who needs a $500k house? Live in a shed

Who needs 4x4? Dont drive in the mud

Who needs a bank account? Pay cash. Stash it at home........but if you stash it at home, you better have a tactical shotgun

Old 05-17-2020, 06:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Do you go fishing with a piece of string tied to a branch with paperclip fashioned into a hook....after all it’s all you really need.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
You don’t want to go down that path because everyone has items that are “wants” not needs

Personally I don’t want a tactical shotgun but I respect that others enjoy them for target shooting and even competitions. Just like I don’t need to go out C&R fishing but I enjoy the hobby so I do. We can all walk around our homes and make a pile of items that we don’t need but enjoy
Old 05-17-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
I don't want or need a tactical shotgun, but that doesn't mean that other people shouldn't own them. Even though I had to stop some clueless individual from ruining our target backstops with his AR styled shotgun, because he thought that was okay to use "target" shotshells, I am not thrilled that his shotguns are now banned, because they were added to the list of banned firearms.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:48 AM

Mrflyguy that attitude is exactly what the anti gun liberals are looking for. Why do you think they are banning the assult type rifles because they are hoping for an attitude like yours from most people. That is the very root of gun owner division that kind of attitude.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:

x2
Old 05-17-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Fudd much? Jesus, with friends like you, who needs enemies? You are precisely among those who the Liberals target with their divide & conquer gun-banning strategy. You’ll never once see a person who owns firearms whose only difference is their appearance (not function) eagerly selling you and your firearms out. Never. But you sure just did it to them in that sentence. (this is a challenge to you to find me a quote anywhere on the entire internet where a tactical firearms owner seriously suggests that your duck gun be banned). I suggest that you either stand together with all firearms owners in a unified front, or hand yours in first, well before any others whom you’ve so heinously decided to offer as sacrifice.

There are certainly firearms that I personally find unappealing or even downright ugly, but I don’t campaign for them to be banned. I don’t throw any of them forth to the ban-hungry zealots as sacrificial lambs, naively thinking that anything I own would be saved. Nothing will stop them, any individual bans only whet their appetite for more bans. This has already been demonstrated by Order in Council bans numerous times this month. They will not stop, ever. (Just like Sarah Connor describing the Terminator).

I don’t own a tactical shotgun, but I believe every PAL holder should have the option should they desire. I might even want a Beretta 1301 soon, before those get the axe too, those could be made to look ‘scary’ tactical with a few accessories, but those items would not change the cyclic rate or muzzle energy whatsoever. PAL holders should even have to option to have one of those ugly ‘zombie’ lever action Mossbergs, as unappealing as I find those.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:28 PM

The next promise is municipal handgun bans.
What does Calgary top cop say about that?
watch

What about Winnipeg Police?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHw70TiuDJo

What do politicians on our side suggest?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxT3CktFjic

Sadly these videos have no where near the number of views needed to get the information out. Fear, emotional statements and implied definitions make it so that a reasonable conversation can not be had.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Fudd much? Jesus, with friends like you, who needs enemies? You are precisely among those who the Liberals target with their divide & conquer gun-banning strategy. You’ll never once see a person who owns firearms whose only difference is their appearance (not function) eagerly selling you and your firearms out. Never. But you sure just did it to them in that sentence. (this is a challenge to you to find me a quote anywhere on the entire internet where a tactical firearms owner seriously suggests that your duck gun be banned). I suggest that you either stand together with all firearms owners in a unified front, or hand yours in first, well before any others whom you’ve so heinously decided to offer as sacrifice.

There are certainly firearms that I personally find unappealing or even downright ugly, but I don’t campaign for them to be banned. I don’t throw any of them forth to the ban-hungry zealots as sacrificial lambs, naively thinking that anything I own would be saved. Nothing will stop them, any individual bans only whet their appetite for more bans. This has already been demonstrated by Order in Council bans numerous times this month. They will not stop, ever. (Just like Sarah Connor describing the Terminator).

I don’t own a tactical shotgun, but I believe every PAL holder should have the option should they desire. I might even want a Beretta 1301 soon, before those get the axe too, those could be made to look ‘scary’ tactical with a few accessories, but those items would not change the cyclic rate or muzzle energy whatsoever. PAL holders should even have to option to have one of those ugly ‘zombie’ lever action Mossbergs, as unappealing as I find those.
Best bite I've had all week. I'm just going to sell all my fishing tackle and stay home.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Best bite I've had all week. I'm just going to sell all my fishing tackle and stay home.
Did we happen to text recently ?
Old 05-20-2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehunter View Post
I know all about rechambering,barrel swaps etc. Been at this **** for 35 years now. I seen parts of the letter but never seen the whole letter. I have pointed out before that if you use his conversion numbers they don't match up to 1.3. Some come in at 1.4 to 1.6 and some change. But by reading the whole letter it would now seem that he is stating that any receiver is now prohib. be it WBY,REM, WIN or any other.
Yes...many receivers. Except for small ring mausers. M96 last one standing according to SAAMI. How do you like us now?

Old 05-20-2020, 07:16 PM
Banned

Nope, it's never going to stop.
Yesterday they added the Mossberg 715t to the prohibited list.
It's a Mossberg Plinkster 702 in a clamshell plastic body https://www.policeone.com/police-pro...drWRzKcOxlyFD/
I guess because it looks 'bad'.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:24 PM

Yes it will stop............. when the liberals have every gun that existed in Canada confiscated and destroyed, plain and simple

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will not stop until trudy and his bum buddy’s are gone!
Its time our mp’s start voicing there our concerns!!
Let our votes count, contact your MP!!