Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2020, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
BBC news said one health worker thinks around 1700 cases is more accurate, just a theory and could be wrong, but you can bet in such a massive population they found all 300,impossible so there's way more. will wait and see .

The whole world is watching.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51185836

Xi is telling local governments not to cover up numbers of infected, lets hope he doesn't punish them for being honest.

Unfortunately he also told them to "tak[e] measures to "guide public opinion".

Hopefully they do the right thing this time. Their entire system is based on measuring success by the numbers so unless they feel safe in reporting accurately they'll never be honest.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:46 PM

There has been flu's that are connected to multiple strains that kill many people every year,but there's strains that only mutate so far and the strains are known world wide so to say it's just the flu is nonsense .

This one some health organizations say is stronger then sars the way it's mutating and a couple others that have come out in the last 17 years.

It's a strain no one has seen so they don't no as time goes on how powerful it will become or mutates itself, so it's not the latest click bait.It's real and possibly very dangerous.

Airports around the world don't go on high alert every year for just a flu like H1N1 because they could identify the virus like influenza A in which I think it belonged to or something close, they even predicted it 7 months ahead of time or even longer.

This one they no nothing about and they have never seen this strain before, so this is why there on high alert till they know more, because it's a totally different animal and how it behaves in the future is what scares many health officials.

It mutated some how,but the ten dollar question is how powerful will the strain become.

I don't think it's any real threat to North America at this point, but it's in six counties and the high numbers are starting to come out in a very over populated area, so precautions have to be top priority.

JD

Last edited by JD848; 01-21-2020 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:09 PM

Exclamation Don't forget, the U.S. did it first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
you are wanting genocide?
Its not about what someone in North America wants, its about what Xi Jinping wants.

I'm curious to find out if this is a naturally occurring viral mutation, or if it is somehow tied to the Chinese researchers that were expelled from the Biosafety Level 4 lab in Canada last year.
I'll give you 3 guesses to figure out where the BSL-4 lab is located in China.
Of course, it could be a complete coincidence and my tinfoil hat is on too tight.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-22-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
Its not about what someone in North America wants, its about what Xi Jinping wants.

I'm curious to find out if this is a naturally occurring viral mutation, or if it is somehow tied to the Chinese researchers that were expelled from the Biosafety Level 4 lab in Canada last year.
I'll give you 3 guesses to figure out where the BSL-4 lab is located in China.
Of course, it could be a complete coincidence and my tinfoil hat is on too tight.
Wow I am not a big believer in coincidences.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:52 AM

I’m sure trusting that the reported numbers are accurate. Why would they want to coverup a pandemic? Nothing to see here folks. Exponential growth in the reports that are made. Case in NA now. Pffft no big deal.

Will be watching this closely, might not do anything but being a new strain. Who knows. It seems to be off to one heck of a start.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I’m sure trusting that the reported numbers are accurate. Why would they want to coverup a pandemic? Nothing to see here folks. Exponential growth in the reports that are made. Case in NA now. Pffft no big deal.

Will be watching this closely, might not do anything but being a new strain. Who knows. It seems to be off to one heck of a start.
They covered up the SARS pandemic so it could have easily happened again. Who knows why they do what they do.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
You must not have children or elderly family members. Someone is losing a loved one. Why no compassion?
It’s a hard fact, but people die. It’s not a lack of compassion on my part. I feel bad for anyone who loses a loved one. In saying that when we look at the plagues of the past, they killed healthy middle aged people. That’s what made them dangerous, they used the persons immune system against them.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 01-22-2020, 08:09 AM

Sometimes new things scare us.. this virus is new, maybe controllable maybe not..I’m guessing nobody has the answer for that yet!
But yes it sure looks like a few are going to die ( the less the better ) I hate to see any human, or I guess I should say I hate to see the good humans die from this...I think we are fairly safe from the dying part up here in cold northern sask!
Hope they find the handle on this one soon!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 01-22-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
It’s a hard fact, but people die. It’s not a lack of compassion on my part. I feel bad for anyone who loses a loved one. In saying that when we look at the plagues of the past, they killed healthy middle aged people. That’s what made them dangerous, they used the persons immune system against them.
Anything that kills innocent young babies and spreads rapidly is dangerous in my mind. But I think we had this discussion a while back about measles and people dying from it so no point discussing this further.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:

The CCP covers up stuff like this because its a managed economy/society. They want to reduce panic and maintain the status quo among the population. They worry about the fallout politically and economically. The CCP thinks they can manage everything including pandemics until they can't.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Anything that kills innocent young babies and spreads rapidly is dangerous in my mind. But I think we had this discussion a while back about measles and people dying from it so no point discussing this further.
If your that concerned about innocent babies dying. I’d suggest you should take up the fight against abortion which kills roughly 100000 babies each year needlessly in Canada. The fact is we all die. Maybe you’ve been isolated from death or haven’t seen it. I have and I can tell you that I don’t want to see any kid die, but you have to realize that no matter what you do it happens. I have faith that those kids are in a better place than this world will ever be. Maybe that helps me deal with it better than those whose sole focus is on this world.

Going back to this current disease. Your missing my point when I say that it’s not anything to fear yet. If it starts killing people with healthy immune systems, that’s when it’ll be dangerous. As we than have no way to fight it, and it’ll kill millions.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 01-22-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
The CCP covers up stuff like this because its a managed economy/society. They want to reduce panic and maintain the status quo among the population. They worry about the fallout politically and economically. The CCP thinks they can manage everything including pandemics until they can't.
Couldn't imagine billions of people panicking.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
If your that concerned about innocent babies dying. I’d suggest you should take up the fight against abortion which kills roughly 100000 babies each year needlessly in Canada. The fact is we all die. Maybe you’ve been isolated from death or haven’t seen it. I have and I can tell you that I don’t want to see any kid die, but you have to realize that no matter what you do it happens. I have faith that those kids are in a better place than this world will ever be. Maybe that helps me deal with it better than those whose sole focus is on this world.

Going back to this current disease. Your missing my point when I say that it’s not anything to fear yet. If it starts killing people with healthy immune systems, that’s when it’ll be dangerous. As we than have no way to fight it, and it’ll kill millions.
I care about innocent people dying. No idea why you bring up abortion other than to deflect as it has nothing to do with people dying from diseases which can be controlled or prevented. You can have all the faith in the world but it still hurts when you see young people die. Heck it hurts to see anyone die. I watched my wife hold her 45 year old mom dead in her arms. Faith wasn't going to stop her tears or her pain. With having so much faith you don't have to fear anything even if it hits people with healthy immune systems.
As for the rest of us, 2% of people infected so far are dying. 10% with SARS. Hopefully this has minimal effects but only time will tell.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
My post contained a bit of sarcasm.
I don’t trust ANY government, let along China. They don’t exactly have a good track record.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
Theres been 6 deaths, I would be extremely surprised if 2,000,000 are infected within 2 weeks. Panic all you want, make your daily dramatic post and hit the ignore button if you don't like what I say man.
17 deaths as of this am. I know it seems small but exponential growth does some big things.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
My post contained a bit of sarcasm.
I don’t trust ANY government, let along China. They don’t exactly have a good track record.
Ubet, take any info out of China with a grain of salt. Corruption of it begins at the lowest level in that system.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
17 deaths as of this am. I know it seems small but exponential growth does some big things.
True that.
What was the number of confirmed cases now?
Old 01-22-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I care about innocent people dying. No idea why you bring up abortion other than to deflect as it has nothing to do with people dying from diseases which can be controlled or prevented. You can have all the faith in the world but it still hurts when you see young people die. Heck it hurts to see anyone die. I watched my wife hold her 45 year old mom dead in her arms. Faith wasn't going to stop her tears or her pain. With having so much faith you don't have to fear anything even if it hits people with healthy immune systems.
As for the rest of us, 2% of people infected so far are dying. 10% with SARS. Hopefully this has minimal effects but only time will tell.
Again you miss my point. Abortion is 100% man made and 100% preventable. So when you say your concerned about innocent young babies dying, this in my mind would be the place to invest your time.

Disease isn’t easily controlled and no matter what people will die from it. What I’m saying is the disease isn’t at plague level yet, and less people will die as a result. When/if the disease mutates to killing people with healthy immune systems you could see 20% death rates like 1919, which is scary.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Again you miss my point. Abortion is 100% man made and 100% preventable. So when you say your concerned about innocent young babies dying, this in my mind would be the place to invest your time.

Disease isn’t easily controlled and no matter what people will die from it. What I’m saying is the disease isn’t at plague level yet, and less people will die as a result. When/if the disease mutates to killing people with healthy immune systems you could see 20% death rates like 1919, which is scary.
I am not going to debate you on abortion and where I should focus my efforts. lol. Go create your own thread.

If people don't take this seriously, diseases like this can morph and become much worse in a short period of time. MER virus which is in the same family killed 36% of people infected. Our world is too interconnected. Containment can only happen if it is acted upon quickly. Sure it can be fear mongering to get media attention but at what point does a person start to pay attention and take it serious?
Old 01-22-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:

x2
THEBRIDGEHEAD.CA
New study sheds light on the horrible pain babies experience during an abortion
Old 01-22-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
True that.
What was the number of confirmed cases now?
270 confirmed Tues 440 confirmed Wednesday.

From what I have read it says testing is done through DNA to confirm cases. I am wondering what kind of capacity China has to test every person with these symptoms with a population well over 1B.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:18 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Pretty much how I think. I hate seeing people lives thrown into chaos and the anguish in such things but this is all a fact of life and what makes it all so precious. The human experience involves life and death and without it the experience becomes much more meaningless. I think that is a lot of the issues with mental health these days. People no longer have as dire of a need to survive and everything is just supposed to be easy and I believe we are not wired for that and it messes with the mind. Disease is mother natures population control and without it we are doomed for full self destruction eventually.

I dunno... Maybe I am the one that is crazy!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 01-22-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
I am not going to debate you on abortion and where I should focus my efforts. lol. Go create your own thread.

If people don't take this seriously, diseases like this can morph and become much worse in a short period of time. MER virus which is in the same family killed 36% of people infected. Our world is too interconnected. Containment can only happen if it is acted upon quickly. Sure it can be fear mongering to get media attention but at what point does a person start to pay attention and take it serious?
I just told you when to take it seriously. When it starts killing healthy young adults. Until then its worth keeping an eye on, but I wouldn't worry to much about it. And they most likely can't contain it. They can't even contain viruses that are transmitted solely by contact, let alone if it's airborne or able to be spread via other animals.

You also can't be to worried about innocent babies if your not willing to take a stand against abortion.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I just told you when to take it seriously. When it starts killing healthy young adults. Until then its worth keeping an eye on, but I wouldn't worry to much about it. And they most likely can't contain it. They can't even contain viruses that are transmitted solely by contact, let alone if it's airborne or able to be spread via other animals.

You also can't be to worried about innocent babies if your not willing to take a stand against abortion.
I didn't say anything about my thoughts or feelings on abortion. That is you trying to deflect yet again.

Young babies and people over 40 are the ones that are being infected. I wouldn't say 40 is old by no means. Read up on coronavirus and how quickly it can change into something more deadly.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:29 AM

In hindsight this will be looked at as a gross over reaction or a severe under reaction depending on if this flu turns out to be highly contagious (airborne) and lethal. Much like with hurricane predictions and preps. Damned if you do Damned if you don't.

Unfortunately given the nature of contagious disease and exponential growth the fact that this virus has spread past a localized area means the cat is probably already out of the bag unless transmission is only limited to physical contact. Now we just have to wait and see. History says we are overdue for a bad flu so I'm a little worried. If not this one then there are 7 billion souls all potential incubators of the next mutation. Its a numbers game and there are LOTS of numbers working against us. Mother nature is tenacious.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Pretty much how I think. I hate seeing people lives thrown into chaos and the anguish in such things but this is all a fact of life and what makes it all so precious. The human experience involves life and death and without it the experience becomes much more meaningless. I think that is a lot of the issues with mental health these days. People no longer have as dire of a need to survive and everything is just supposed to be easy and I believe we are not wired for that and it messes with the mind. Disease is mother natures population control and without it we are doomed for full self destruction eventually.

I dunno... Maybe I am the one that is crazy!
Just trying to understand your thoughts a bit more. I agree with a lot of your statements as people not caring about life. Do you believe in taking medicine or against that too? Without disease controlling the population, we definitely end up with weaker genetics but tough call on where to draw the line.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I didn't say anything about my thoughts or feelings on abortion. That is you trying to deflect yet again.

Young babies and people over 40 are the ones that are being infected. I wouldn't say 40 is old by no means. Read up on coronavirus and how quickly it can change into something more deadly.
You have to know who's dying from this disease. Sure a 40 year old could get it, doesn't mean they'll die from it. Thats the difference. Im not worried, media severely overblowing it right now.

Abortion is an issue that you brought up when you said you don't want to see innocent babies die. Abortion is 100% man made and preventable, so if you actually don't want to see babies die you should be investing your efforts there. Not by worrying about a disease that we have no control over. By not standing against abortion your inconsistent with your view about innocent babies dying. As an illustration, you're like a man who has placed sandbags all around his house in preparation for a flood, while neglecting to turn off the tap to a sink thats overflowing and slowly flooding your house from the inside. The logical man would turn off the tap, and be prepared to sandbag his house if the flood waters got close.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
You have to know who's dying from this disease. Sure a 40 year old could get it, doesn't mean they'll die from it. Thats the difference. Im not worried, media severely overblowing it right now.

Abortion is an issue that you brought up when you said you don't want to see innocent babies die. Abortion is 100% man made and preventable, so if you actually don't want to see babies die you should be investing your efforts there. Not by worrying about a disease that we have no control over. By not standing against abortion your inconsistent with your view about innocent babies dying. As an illustration, you're like a man who has placed sandbags all around his house in preparation for a flood, while neglecting to turn off the tap to a sink thats overflowing and slowly flooding your house from the inside. The logical man would turn off the tap, and be prepared to sandbag his house if the flood waters got close.
You have no idea my thoughts or actions on abortion and I could care less about yours. I am replying to a thread on coronavirus outbreak. Go fulfill your need for attention elsewhere.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
You have no idea my thoughts or actions on abortion and I could care less about yours. I am replying to a thread on coronavirus outbreak. Go fulfill your need for attention elsewhere.
Lol, don't say I don't care about innocent babies, and use something we have no control over to justify your position then. I'm just making a recommendation to you. If you actually care, invest your time into something that CAN be prevented, instead of worrying about something you CANT control.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Lol, don't say I don't care about innocent babies, and use something we have no control over to justify your position then. I'm just making a recommendation to you. If you actually care, invest your time into something that CAN be prevented, instead of worrying about something you CANT control.
Thanks for the advice and recommendation.