Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-20-2020, 08:51 PM
Banned

My apologies for being blunt with you all: it will all stop when the canadians will grow a pair!

Stay safe, stay comfortable!

CAN-do.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:52 PM

For what it's worth, straight from the RCMP website regarding the firearms reference table:

Quote:
The Firearms Reference Table (FRT) is not a legal instrument. The FRT is an administrative document created by the RCMP's firearms experts who have, based on criteria in the definitions found in section 84 of the Criminal Code and the supporting Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted SOR/98-462, and the Firearms Act, conducted technical assessments of firearms to assist law enforcement officers, customs officers, and officials responsible for the regulation of firearms with the identification and classification of firearms. The aforementioned Acts and Regulations are the prevailing legal authority with respect to firearm classification.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:04 PM

It won't end so long as the Liberals think that they can squeeze another vote out of the issue.
Face it, there are 2.2m of us, most of whom would not pi$$ on the Boy Wonder's head if his hair was on fire.
None of us are going to vote for him - he knows that, so our cause is lost as far as anything like rational behaviour from the Liberal Party is concerned. They see the scary, bad firearms community as a source of votes, not by looking for support within the community or by taking any real action to deal with gangs and illegal firearms, but rather by telling their supporters that the firearms community is made up of mass murderers in waiting, on standby to be the next guy from Portapique. It's a given that we all hate women and are just waiting to lay a beating on our wives, girlfriends or stray women in the street.
If he can maintain that narrative and keep repeating the lie over and over and over again, which seems to be his and Billy's history so far, and get to CBCoids to continue to wring their hands and say "something must be done" then more than 2.2m Canadians, those who have no clue about the legal use of firearms, about PALs and RPALs, about non-rstricted, restricted and prohib, will continue to see gangstas shooting each other and innocent bystanders and think that we are the problem and that by banning guns the Liberals are taking a stand
Face it that is much easier way to generate votes than actually doing anything about the criminal use of firearms and doesn't have the potential of being called racist. It's a great strategy if you don't have any solid policies on any other topic.
In fact the Liberals actually stand to advance their agenda (and get more votes) by having MORE gangs shooting at each other so that the uninformed think that it's a huge problem which the Liberals can continue to posture about.
Are they that cynical?
Uh Huh
Old 05-24-2020, 11:06 PM

Is it ever gonna stop? No. That's why the NRA got organized, well-funded and political years ago - and they are still losing ground. Canadian gun owners are totally unprepared for this. We need to get organized. Duck hunters need to understand how closely their interests align with tactical home defense shooters. At the very least buy a membership to a gun advocacy group and sign petitions. No one on this thread should do less! If you have time and/or skills beyond just your checkbook then get busy. At least engage in calm fact-based conversations with anybody who will listen.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterJam View Post
If you have time and/or skills beyond just your checkbook then get busy.
Hahaha! You’re funny mate. You don’t really expect the majority of the Alberta hunters to get busy fighting for someone else’s right to own and use firearms?!

Can-do.

Last edited by CAN-do; 05-24-2020 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:17 AM

Don't know if this was posted before....

https://firearmrights.ca/en/an-open-...XhjeIoIDjpz-js
Old 05-26-2020, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN-do View Post
Hahaha! You’re funny mate. You don’t really expect the majority of the Alberta hunters to get busy fighting for someone else’s right to own and use firearms?!

Can-do.
Actually no. You're right. I EXPECT the majority of Alberta hunters will just sort of stare at the spectacle of gun control like deer in the headlights.

Canadians too sheltered, too compliant, too trusting to grow a pair.

(and AOF: sorry for sounding preachy)
Old 05-26-2020, 01:15 AM
Banned

With taxes I have calculated I will be handing the government $17000 worth of purchased firearms. To say I’m a little upset is an understatement. This is bloody robbery.
Old 05-26-2020, 01:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
With taxes I have calculated I will be [B]handing[B] the government $17000 worth of purchased firearms.

Last edited by leo; 05-26-2020 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Drivel
Old 05-26-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
With taxes I have calculated I will be handing the government $17000 worth of purchased firearms. To say I’m a little upset is an understatement. This is bloody robbery.
I agree, it is robbery. You have however assumed that the thieves will be paying you market value.... They may say something to the effect of "Since the ban you can't use them so they are only work 200 a piece".

And then you look at the compliance rates in New Zealand. 40%?

It's going to be an interesting 2 years. I'm personally hoping the many law suits prevail.