Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Had some great AO dentist's and dental assistant reach out and offer help. Thank you all. We did manage to find a dentist who is willing / capable to help out in GP appointment is at 4. Thanks again A/O
That is good news but how many of your honey holes for fishing or hunting is it going to cost you
Old 04-14-2020, 12:16 PM

We can also take great comfort in knowing that the WWE was granted as an essential service in Florida. Sleep well my fellow AO members.

Dodger.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:19 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Had some great AO dentist's and dental assistant reach out and offer help. Thank you all. We did manage to find a dentist who is willing / capable to help out in GP appointment is at 4. Thanks again A/O

That makes my heart sing!

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-14-2020, 12:29 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burro View Post
Still trying to wrap my head around how that transpired, can you shed some light?
Brian Jean is a good man, better leader than the bunch we have now. .

I'm not sure but I think the party thought Brain was too inexperienced to win against Notley, if so I think they badly underestimated Albertans.

I know they never did understand why Ralph was so popular.

I think they viewed Ralph Klien as a simple minded red neck and I believe they thought the same of Brian Jean.

Clearly the only reason they backed Ralph Klien was because he was winning elections. The moment he stepped down they threw out every gain Ralph had made and went back to business as usual. Ruling for the elite.

Which is what Jason Kenny is doing now.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-14-2020, 12:46 PM

Good to hear you got help. That is total bull what you had to do. I wonder if a person worked at McDonald’s or a dope shop you can get dental since they are such essential workers. Lol. What a farce.

Last edited by Jigsalot; 04-14-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:50 PM

The first dentist you called is probably out fishing on the coast...
Old 04-14-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydude View Post
The first dentist you called is probably out fishing on the coast...
We called every dentist within an hours drive yesterday got the same answer from them all. For some unknown reason one of them called us today and said they would be willing to take her today. Not sure why the change but I'll take it
Old 04-14-2020, 06:23 PM

That’s garbage. I’d be callingbother dentists. My soon broke both his front teeth below the root at age 12. We went to an emergency dentist and they did root canals and glued them back on. He’s been careful not to use them when eating and so far they are holding on. We are putting off having them billed as long as possible, my thoughts are getting two implants will be easier the older he gets.

Edit I just read the end of the thread, glad to hear things are looking up. Good luck
Old 04-14-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Have an appointment in GP on Wednesday( earliest we could get in anywhere) told up front the best they can do is look at it. Highly unlikely they can do anything to fix it but could subscribe meds/ antibiotic until it can be addressed. We are trying northern bc dentist's as we were told they have a bit more leeway in what procedures they can perform. Calling around now. Its total BS
ADA Emergency Guidelines
https://www.dentalhealthalberta.ca/w...t_4.8.2020.pdf
Old 04-14-2020, 09:54 PM

I didn’t read all the posts so this might have been mentioned already but did you try a different dentist?
Old 04-15-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I'm not sure but I think the party thought Brain was too inexperienced to win against Notley, if so I think they badly underestimated Albertans.

I know they never did understand why Ralph was so popular.

I think they viewed Ralph Klien as a simple minded red neck and I believe they thought the same of Brian Jean.

Clearly the only reason they backed Ralph Klien was because he was winning elections. The moment he stepped down they threw out every gain Ralph had made and went back to business as usual. Ruling for the elite.

Which is what Jason Kenny is doing now.
well said
Old 05-24-2020, 03:22 PM

So update on my little girls tooth.
Days after posting she was seen by a dentist and we were told it could go a few ways but nothing could be done until it abscesses. It's been fine since with weekly applications of a paint on fluoride to cover the root. Last Wednesday she started getting really grumpy( no idea why at the time) she's had a hard time sleeping and won't eat. Being she is 2 and can't talk much we have spent days looking into why the change( is she sick? in pain? Or just naughty?) . Saturday we noticed she seemed to be really sensitive on that tooth and her gums were swollen around the tooth. Got in to see the dentist for emergency and told it's swelling from plaque on the tooth as we have been very gentle brushing the area. This morning she has been a bear and screams when even her soother touches the tooth. Also noticed the tooth itself is noticeably twisted and lower( pushed out of the gums) than it was even yesterday. Wife just got out of emergency at the hospital with her and was told...they can't see actual infection and to see a dentist. Grrr...she hasn't really slept well or eaten much since last Wednesday. Feels like we are just getting the run around when it's very apparent her tooth is hurting. Dentist's seem to still be cautious with treatments and doctors just say go see a dentist. Frustrated as normal conditions would have had the dentist fill the tooth or pull it right from the start. Which is what we have been told by at least 3 different dentist's.