Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-17-2018, 03:51 PM

Default Trudeau makes great argument for firearms

Trudeau makes an awfully compelling arguement for gun owners and getting rid of all restrictions for firearms through this Marijuana statement.
"The prohibition on marijuana has not worked in this country," Trudeau told reporters in Ottawa. "Young Canadians have the highest usage of marijuana anywhere in the world ... criminal organizations and street gangs make over C$6 billion a year on the sale of marijuana across the country... That needs to stop and that's exactly what we have done."

I suspect he doesnt see the correlation.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:00 PM

Ha. One could only wish.

Conceptually, why can’t they see it the same way?
Old 10-17-2018, 07:47 PM

I heard the street weed will be cheeper to buy as there is no tax on it .
Now that it is legal . It will be more in demand . Criminals as we once known them as ,will be making more coin.
Can anyone in lighten me what the cost on the street is and what shops are charging.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Now that it is legal . It will be more in demand . Criminals as we once known them as ,will be making more coin.
Can anyone in lighten me what the cost on the street is and what shops are charging.
I just cant see the difference being that substantial the scale and efficiency of these industrial setup should be able to offset taxes and still make a bunch of cash. The only way I could see it is if "street weed" price gets dropped significantly.
I also see a extremely large market in edibles and non flower consumables. Also the intrigue and sophistication of a store with quality and percentage breakdown and various strains I think will trump the small price difference if any.
Drug dealers will still be busy selling afterhours and to those that refuse to pay taxes but in driving past a few stores yesterday with a line up down the block I'm sure they will feel the pinch of the loss of business.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
When I was in general highschool some 7 years ago, weed was $10 in spruce grove. $160-$180 an ounce (28 grams). Now I think it's similar. From the article I read there were stores having black market busters and selling for $6 a gram. The article said that there will be prices from $8 to $14 for high quality. Not sure if that is before or after taxes.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I don't know what it costs on the street, but this is apparently what shops are charging:

Global
Old 10-18-2018, 09:54 AM

You would get guaranteed quality that isn't laced with anything from a store. I imagine the street prices will need to drop 30% less than what the stores sell it for a casual user to justify the risk.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:49 AM

Just gotta get coke legal ...... now we're talking 😂
Old 10-18-2018, 12:02 PM

I have to wonder how many of the street dealers are going to start lacing their products with something else to up the addiction factor? Doing so could effectively ween those users off legally store purchased stuff back to the illegal markets as the users become addicted to the other drugs.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 10-18-2018, 12:18 PM

I hope not, I smoked a "Duster" about 40 years ago, wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:40 PM

Black market prices are less than half of what they were a month ago.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Personally I cant see this happening... otherwise bootlegged booze would still be a big thing, instead of dying out once the prohibition was lifted.

I do think there could be a spike in crime, since I doubt your average burnout weed dealer is going to go get himself a job. Instead, much like many bootleggers did after the prohibition, he will likely try moving into more serious contraban. Could mean more availability of hard drugs, might mean more users, likely means some added competition among the traffickers.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf308 View Post
Just gotta get coke legal ...... now we're talking 😂
No surprise your from red deer
Old 10-18-2018, 08:53 PM

Poor pot dealers will hard to make rent next month... the government just put thousands of hard working pot dealers, growers out of work...
Old 10-18-2018, 09:08 PM

Weed can’t be any harder to grow than f##ing tomatoes... government and multi million dollar drug companies are going to make a killing of of this... unless people wise up and if they have the means, grow their own pot...free the weed as they say.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:31 PM

Once purchased, how do you tell legal weed from illegal weed ?
Old 10-18-2018, 10:44 PM

Kind of off original topic but i don't understand the weights associated with what everyone talks about.
30 grams is legal as i have read that.

What does 1 joint weigh , a gram ?

Do these shops sell prewrapped joints, or a bunch of buds that have to be broke up.

On the chart above as usual sask must have the price the highest lol.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
otherwise bootlegged booze would still be a big thing, instead of dying out once the prohibition was lifted.
It's not fully dead... Its just bringing stuff in that you can't get in Canada commercially because the manufacturer won't put french on the label. Stupid French inclusion laws...
Old 10-19-2018, 10:29 AM

Lots of stills still operational all over the province, the ones that survived know how to keep quiet about them.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 10-19-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220 Swift View Post
Kind of off original topic but i don't understand the weights associated with what everyone talks about.
30 grams is legal as i have read that.

What does 1 joint weigh , a gram ?

Do these shops sell prewrapped joints, or a bunch of buds that have to be broke up.

On the chart above as usual sask must have the price the highest lol.
~.5-1g is about average depends on if your rolling cannons or pinners can really roll them as small as you want. They sell pre rolled .5 joints. And they sell flower milled flower pills and oils. You can select the amount you want to purchase. You could just go onto the legal government website and have a look they won’t be coming to get you for having a look.