Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2018, 11:01 PM

Default Auto Parts

Anyone tried Rockauto.com for parts. Friend suggested I look before buying a blower motor for the heating system on a Toyota van. Best price from a local dealer was $221 and $122 from Rockauto including shipping. Confirmed his experience buying a bunch of front end parts for an SUV at about half the prices available elsewhere. Delivery about a week.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:07 PM

Ordered at least 5 times from them, they're great. No additional duties or anything. I love the price but also the wide selection when you might want higher quality (or the value options, if that's your bag)

Last edited by CaberTosser; 10-19-2018 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Ordered at least 5 times from them, they're great. No additional duties or anything. I love the price but also the wide selection when you might want higher quality (or the value options, if that's your bag)
Yep, local outfit brought in wrong part and I ended up getting it from rock auto, use them when I can.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:53 AM

Rock Auto is great. I don't know where you're located but I can recommend a couple of places that'll match RA's pricing in Edmonton.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:03 AM

I use RA for pretty much all my parts unless it's something I need right away.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Rock Auto is great. I don't know where you're located but I can recommend a couple of places that'll match RA's pricing in Edmonton.
I am in Edmonton, would love to know of places that match Rock Auto pricing for the same quality of parts. I have bought many thousands of dollars in Auto from Rock over the past 15 years and have NEVER found a place even remotely close to them for pricing here in Canada.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:37 AM

I have bought several AC Delco parts at Rock Auto and saved a lot. Usually my parts are here in three days. Can't beat them.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I am in Edmonton, would love to know of places that match Rock Auto pricing for the same quality of parts. I have bought many thousands of dollars in Auto from Rock over the past 15 years and have NEVER found a place even remotely close to them for pricing here in Canada.
Would be interested as well...the only situtation I have found that is somewhat close is to buy under a company account that is heavily discounted. Even then only limited brands are available.