Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2015, 08:22 AM

Default Did the PCs lose us 13 billion?

Unsure of the source or content, but worth a read. Especially before you head to the ballot tomorrow.

http://thetyee.ca/News/2015/05/02/Ro...erta-Billions/

http://thinkpol.ca/2015/05/03/pc-roy...-13-5-billion/
Old 05-04-2015, 08:42 AM

Math is hard for the PC party of Alberta, and for most conservatives.

It is the the PC way to tax the citizens of Alberta, after all it's our fault.

This is exactly what Rachel Notley was calling for a few weeks ago, a review of the royalty structure to ensure that Alberta is getting it's fair share.

Go Vote on Tuesday and Vote for anyone but the PC's and WRP....they don't know simple arithmetic.

BW
Old 05-04-2015, 08:47 AM

I guess I'm getting tired of hearing the same old song and Dance from the PCs. Every time oil prices tank, they tell us we need to diversify our economy to make us less sensitive to energy price variations. Then when royalties go up again, why bother ? 40 years of this Crap.

Grizz
Old 05-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
I guess I'm getting tired of hearing the same old song and Dance from the PCs. Every time oil prices tank, they tell us we need to diversify our economy to make us less sensitive to energy price variations. Then when royalties go up again, why bother ? 40 years of this Crap.

Grizz
I agree. The best way to diversify is to attract new businesses, they seem to have a hard time doing that....maybe if they offered to tax them more????
Old 05-04-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

This is exactly what Rachel Notley was calling for a few weeks ago, a review of the royalty structure to ensure that Alberta is getting it's fair share.

Go Vote on Tuesday and Vote for anyone but the PC's and WRP....they don't know simple arithmetic.

BW
Umm, who had to withdraw there proposed plan because they couldn't add either? Jeez man, how much are you being paid by the ndp to advertise for them?
Old 05-04-2015, 09:11 AM

I am ashamed ...all of our politicians can not add. (though when a PC does it..it is fear mongering...and when its the NDP it was just a mistake)
Old 05-04-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckacards View Post
I am ashamed ...all of our politicians can not add. (though when a PC does it..it is fear mongering...and when its the NDP it was just a mistake)
What would you call the last 43 years of conservative rule in Alberta, a mistake or fear mongering.

BW
Old 05-04-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:

BW
That's a funny one!

Wasn't it the NDP that had to come back and publicly apologize for their bad math on deficit reduction? LOL And take a look at all their university student candidates. Most are in Social work, not Mathematics or business.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:35 AM

Default This may be true

But if they are true Progressive Conservatives as in their demise
In other provinces .....the question is ..........

How much did they steal ......?
Old 05-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Banned

I think the PC's can add just fine. Trouble is the "sums" stay in their own and big corps. bank accounts. Not to worry though, they can always cut services and bring in higher taxes and user fees for average Albertans to raise more money.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Banned

Quote:

Grizz
You do realize the Energy sector accounts for about 22 - 23 % share of Alberta's GDP right ? Where would YOU like to see the Energy sectors role in the future of Alberta Grizz ?
Old 05-04-2015, 01:27 PM

I have been staying out of these political discussions because I hate the political BS. Every party has some aspect that I don't like. Dishonesty starts with broken election promises and flows from there. I don't believe any party is any better than the other in that respect. However all of you that are looking to the NDP to be your saviour I make one prediction, If, and I really hope it doesn't come to pass, if they get into power, they will pull the same stunt I recall the 1976 NDP's pulled when they finally ousted the reigning government. They will renege on most if not all of there election promises and claim, in a state of shock, that the previous party left everything in a far more serious mess than they expected. Up go your taxes, down come all there promises of $$ injections. It's not our fault the PCs rode everything to the ground. For me the specific issue was ICBC insurance. All through the election NDP rode the high insurance rates being charged by the liberals, as being unfair and gouging. They ended up winning the election and after making their shocked claim, raised ICBC rates another 35%.

I haven't made up my mind yet whether to vote PC or WR, but it will be one of those. And I do like our local PC candidate.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
What would you call the last 43 years of conservative rule in Alberta, a mistake or fear mongering.

BW

I was referring to the Platform for this election and the math error the NDP made...I guess Prentice was right after all ..math is hard for the NDP. If they can not even make math work in an election campaign how could they be trusted to do it when it counts. ( Not saying the PC party is any better)...BW was Prentice correct at the debate..NDP numbers did not work????
Old 05-04-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:

BW
You made me chuckle, you sound just like this- "The PC's don't know math so please, please don't vote for them or the Wildrose."

Who are you exactly and who's paying you?

Be careful with those stones.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:52 PM

I think the Woodsman "has an axe to grind" sort of speak

"Always surprised at the people that come here and trash Alberta. Why put yourself through the torture of living here? Start your own thread about why Alberta is the worst place to live and why you stay."

Rugatika
Old 05-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

BW
Who was it that made the billion dollar mistake in their pretend budget, and forgot to factor in the thousands and thousands of newbies coming to the province?

Never mind i know who it was Notley the lawyer with no political experience and a bunch of kids for candidates. she said it on the electric TV.

We make mistakes, lots of them, but it's OK cause we tell you we made them when we get caught.

Are you saying the NDP have no plans to tax anyone?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-04-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:

Grizz
Has happened more than once, every time there is a correction or the Sudi's lower there price on oil. The PC's scream wolf and then they don't do anything except dip there hand in the piggy bank.

Sure some mud slinging in todays news.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
You made me chuckle, you sound just like this- "The PC's don't know math so please, please don't vote for them or the Wildrose."

Who are you exactly and who's paying you?

Be careful with those stones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Who was it that made the billion dollar mistake in their pretend budget, and forgot to factor in the thousands and thousands of newbies coming to the province?

Never mind i know who it was Notley the lawyer with no political experience and a bunch of kids for candidates. she said it on the electric TV.

We make mistakes, lots of them, but it's OK cause we tell you we made them when we get caught.

Did you read the article? Have you been living under a rock or in a cave? The cons have been in charge of this province for far to long. They just gifted the oil industry 13 plus billion dollars since 2009. Is that acceptable governance?
According to many on hear that isn't something to worry about around these parts

Oh heck it's only 13 billion dollars what's the big deal. A conservative government couldn't manage a freaking lemonade stand. If they aren't giving it away for nothing they're spending it on themselves.

Hey If you want another 4 years (maybe who knows for sure with a con) then vote conservative. Large or small c it doesn't make a difference. Decades of incompetence, arrogance and self entitlement, and you guys say the dippers pee on the hot wire. I'm thinking all of you masochists are lined up at Redfrogs fence.

BW
Old 05-04-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Did you read the article? Have you been living under a rock or in a cave? The cons have been in charge of this province for far to long. They just gifted the oil industry 13 plus billion dollars since 2009. Is that acceptable governance?
According to many on hear that isn't something to worry about around these parts

Oh heck it's only 13 billion dollars what's the big deal. A conservative government couldn't manage a freaking lemonade stand. If they aren't giving it away for nothing they're spending it on themselves.

Hey If you want another 4 years (maybe who knows for sure with a con) then vote conservative. Large or small c it doesn't make a difference. Decades of incompetence, arrogance and self entitlement, and you guys say the dippers pee on the hot wire. I'm thinking all of you masochists are lined up at Redfrogs fence.

BW
I agree, the PCs need to be ousted.
Where I'm confused is how you match the Wildrose with the PC Party? they are two completely different entities with different platforms.
Heck, the PCs are closer to the NDP than the Wild Rose, so if you hate the PC's that much, I wouldn't be voting NDP either.
Just keep spending, the pot will get bigger someday....
Old 05-04-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
I agree, the PCs need to be ousted.
Where I'm confused is how you match the Wildrose with the PC Party? they are two completely different entities with different platforms.
Heck, the PCs are closer to the NDP than the Wild Rose, so if you hate the PC's that much, I wouldn't be voting NDP either.
Just keep spending, the pot will get bigger someday....
The WRP are a fracture of the PC party. WITHIN the last 12 months there had been an exodus of WRP members to the PC party. As well their current leader contributed 10,000.00 to the Prentiss leadership campaign.

Jimmy had the ability to sweet talk Danielle. If he forms a minority he will seek support of the WRP in the form of a coalition or most likely a merger. If he has a majority there will be WRP MLA's courted by the PC party just like last fall through to December.
Remember a party platform is a piece of paper or a file document that can be edited and changed. To my liking the WRP are to aligned with the PC party.

The PC party has had 43 plus years of power they think they own the resource they feel that they are untouchable they are an old boys club of bullies. Not one of them stood up publicly and outed Hereford. They are afraid to take big business to task as they'll loose their kick backs and gravy train. Their answer to health care is to charge all Albertans a health levy to go into general revenues the cons only know how to stick their hand into the piggy bank and throw money at obstacles. These guys have no idea how to run a province.

It's time for someone new with new ideas.

BW
Old 05-04-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim Low View Post
Unsure of the source or content, but worth a read. Especially before you head to the ballot tomorrow.

http://thetyee.ca/News/2015/05/02/Ro...erta-Billions/

http://thinkpol.ca/2015/05/03/pc-roy...-13-5-billion/
There are so many errors in these articles I don't even know where to start.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:19 PM

Please stop with your fear mongering. Every post it's as bad as the prentice adds.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybuster View Post
I have been staying out of these political discussions because I hate the political BS. Every party has some aspect that I don't like. Dishonesty starts with broken election promises and flows from there. I don't believe any party is any better than the other in that respect. However all of you that are looking to the NDP to be your saviour I make one prediction, If, and I really hope it doesn't come to pass, if they get into power, they will pull the same stunt I recall the 1976 NDP's pulled when they finally ousted the reigning government. They will renege on most if not all of there election promises and claim, in a state of shock, that the previous party left everything in a far more serious mess than they expected. Up go your taxes, down come all there promises of $$ injections. It's not our fault the PCs rode everything to the ground. For me the specific issue was ICBC insurance. All through the election NDP rode the high insurance rates being charged by the liberals, as being unfair and gouging. They ended up winning the election and after making their shocked claim, raised ICBC rates another 35%.

I haven't made up my mind yet whether to vote PC or WR, but it will be one of those. And I do like our local PC candidate.
Interesting thing is that we can see the PC's have obviously run everything into the ground.

So, if the NDP find that it's worse than what's on the surface, I doubt many will be surprised.

We're in for a rough ride, no matter who wins. The cupboard is bare, our education/healtcare/infrastructure is a mess. There is nothing but tough times ahead.

It didn't have to be this way, but PC stewardship of this province, its resources, and its population has demonstrably been an abject failure.

Also, if things are as bad as Prentice indicated in his budget, he had no business calling an election. At the very least, that kind of upheaval during a time of "the greatest economic challenge in a generation" is purely negligent.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Hey Bigwoodsman, you didn't address nay of my questions. you just dragged that non issue of 10000 bux out again. WRP was formed because they didn't like what th epc were doing. DUH> The donation was not made after Brian Jean took over the WRP. The floor crossers were gone befoe BJ came on board.

BUT the mistakes in the projected budgets are current. Notlikely said it herself on TV and has made no effort to say how it will be different after finding the mistakes.

Do keep ducking the question. IT's a toughie and I understand why you want to avoid answering it. Typical of the way NDP handles issues.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Hey Bigwoodsman, you didn't address nay of my questions. you just dragged that non issue of 10000 bux out again. WRP was formed because they didn't like what th epc were doing. DUH> The donation was not made after Brian Jean took over the WRP. The floor crossers were gone befoe BJ came on board.

BUT the mistakes in the projected budgets are current. Notlikely said it herself on TV and has made no effort to say how it will be different after finding the mistakes.

Do keep ducking the question. IT's a toughie and I understand why you want to avoid answering it. Typical of the way NDP handles issues.
Actually, she said the corrected figures project a balanced budget a year later than they originally stated.

It didn't take this dude long to jump from PC to WR, and the party to approve him, Redfrog. http://www.cbc.ca/news/elections/alb...orth-1.3030538

To me, there's still the scent of them being one and the same, looking to offer 2 right wing options, only to come together after the election.

I hope you WR supporters don't get played that way again, but there's a lot of precedent, even recent precedent, that is indicative of potential back room collusion.

Only one way to find out, and that's to wait and see.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:

Redfrog when Jimbo and BJ unite the right all you'll turn green. It's only a matter of time. I'm sure you can see that the division has weakened both parties and strengthened the NDP. I'm sure even out in Bodo you have heard of the divide and conquer concept?

When the right does unite they will give us a screwing that would make you cringe. Not only will we be getting raked over by the cons but big oil will be taking us to task. Why do you think big oil supports the right? I'm sure you can come up with 13 billion reasons.

BW
Old 05-04-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
The WRP are a fracture of the PC party. WITHIN the last 12 months there had been an exodus of WRP members to the PC party. As well their current leader contributed 10,000.00 to the Prentiss leadership campaign.

Jimmy had the ability to sweet talk Danielle. If he forms a minority he will seek support of the WRP in the form of a coalition or most likely a merger. If he has a majority there will be WRP MLA's courted by the PC party just like last fall through to December.
Remember a party platform is a piece of paper or a file document that can be edited and changed. To my liking the WRP are to aligned with the PC party.

The PC party has had 43 plus years of power they think they own the resource they feel that they are untouchable they are an old boys club of bullies. Not one of them stood up publicly and outed Hereford. They are afraid to take big business to task as they'll loose their kick backs and gravy train. Their answer to health care is to charge all Albertans a health levy to go into general revenues the cons only know how to stick their hand into the piggy bank and throw money at obstacles. These guys have no idea how to run a province.

It's time for someone new with new ideas.

BW
while I agree with some of your points, I fail to see how voting in the closest thing we have to a Socialist/communist Party is going to fix anything.
Historically, in these conditions, it makes things worse.

Your fear of the Wildrose joining the PCs is about as plausible as the NDP joining the Liberals to accomplish the same thing. and they would never do that would they????
Old 05-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Redfrog when Jimbo and BJ unite the right all you'll turn green. It's only a matter of time. I'm sure you can see that the division has weakened both parties and strengthened the NDP. I'm sure even out in Bodo you have heard of the divide and conquer concept?

When the right does unite they will give us a screwing that would make you cringe. Not only will we be getting raked over by the cons but big oil will be taking us to task. Why do you think big oil supports the right? I'm sure you can come up with 13 billion reasons.

BW
Can you tell me one place the NDP have made things better ? Have you ever lived anyplace that had an NDP gov't.?

Old 05-04-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:

BW
BW check this out Brian Jean is definitely not with the PC's. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...688716&fref=nf

I was with the NDP to, but after looking into the WRP deeper I found that Brian Jean is the man I want running the province.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
BW check this out Brian Jean is definitely not with the PC's. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...688716&fref=nf

I was with the NDP to, but after looking into the WRP deeper I found that Brian Jean is the man I want running the province.
WWHAAAAAAAAT????

No offence, but I'd have to watch you drop the ballot before I believe that one.