Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-31-2017, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyldethang View Post
Hi, where abouts are you hunting? I don't have a .22 yet but I will by next year hopefully you'll still be willing to help a new hunter out. If so i'll message you when I'm all sorted with the.22.

Thanks
The quarters are in Airdrie
Old 04-14-2017, 11:48 PM

Looking for a hunting partner this will be my second season so im still new. Im out in canmore and willig to help out on anytype of hunt. Looking to get a deer this fall but i would love to see spring goose or bear hunting. Anyone who wouldnt mind a shadow should send me a message.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:42 PM

I'm 36, been hunting since I was 14... honestly, I've killed more deer with rifle and bow than I could possibly count. I've professionally guided and outfitted for mule deer and whitetail in southern Alberta for almost 20 years. Have guided literally dozens of guys to trophy mule deer (mostly with archery equipment), and have now graduated to taking friends and family out. My son killed his first whitetail buck last fall - a great 4x4 scoring 145"
I'm kinda done with doing the deer thing for myself. I can't even remember the last time I truly wanted to kill a deer myself, but really enjoy helping other guys get their buck. Looking to expand my hunting experiences. In 2015, I killed a mid-sized moose with my bow. Last year, killed a 360" elk with archery gear. I'd like to branch out this year to bear this spring.
Kinda looking for someone experienced with sheep or baiting black bears to help me out. I'm willing to take you to some of my best areas for mule deer where you'll have a serious chance at a 180+ buck, if you're willing to let my son and I hunt your active bear baits.
We live in airdrie. Have atvs and all the gear needed to hunt pretty much any big game animal. Love fishing, but don't know much about it - to be honest, I'm probably the worst fisherman alive.
We're not really into birds.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:32 PM

Default f' it

This feels like a bit of a lonely classified Male seeking Female section, but f' it...

I'm in the market for a big spread of decoy snow geese or CAD geese, but need to convince the Mrs. I can cook one good enough to eat for the rest of our life. So im looking for someone or a group around the Calgary area to go out with. Im a strong independent man with all the gear (except decoys). Shout out if you want to have some fun and shoot some waterfowl.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:40 PM

I know I always want to be hunting with a strong, independent man!
Lol
Old 04-18-2017, 01:49 AM

I'm a ways North in Peace River but I'm wanting to do some duck and geese hunting this year, but don't have the funds for a decoy spread just yet, and this is only my second year hunting. I'm willing to drive a bit to join some experienced people and don't mind putting in my fair share of the work, have my shotgun and shells all good to go... hit me up if you wouldn't mind having another in the crew.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:32 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqr8 View Post
Thanks, I will keep you in mind for when I get my .22.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer 243 View Post
Hello All

I have moved from Red Deer to Didsbury this past fall and would like to find someone local to olds or Sundre area hat would like a hunting partner
I usually hunt alone but would like to get away from that due to safety reasons
I have hunted for numerous years and fully equip to handle most any four legged creatures i.e. own Quad, trailer Truck etc.
PM me if interested
Still looking for a partner
Old 04-25-2017, 02:42 PM

Default Looking for future Hunting partners

I'm a new hunter to Alberta but lived in Calgary area since 1999. The wife and I just finished building a house on 6 aces in Dewinton and finally just got all geared up for this years hunting season.
I've never hunted in Alberta before but know K-country pretty well.
I have a large shop where game can be dressed and bobcat for moose/elk down the road. I started hunting with my father when I was 11 on Vancouver island. It was all black bear and black tail deer. Have a couple friends in the area that do hunt but would be nice to add to the group or a duo thing.
We will be going out many times this summer to stay comfy with are hunting rifles and scope out areas and this would be a good place to start.
If interested just msg me thanks.
I'd prefer someone that's not a straw hat, gum boot, 6 pack kind of hunter if you know what I mean hahaha!
Other words common sense is a must.
Cheers.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:38 PM

My name is Ben. I'm looking for a hunting/fishing partner preferably from the Sylvan area. I'm an honest ethical hunter. I've only hunted whitetail and mule deer and lots of pheasant. This was mostly back home in Sask. I'm interested in bow and rifle hunting and would even give migratory birds a try. Id like to start branching out into some different critters like elk moose and would one day like to go after sheep.I enjoy all forms of hunting and i am currently working on giving a pack hunt a try. I should also mention I'm 31 years old married with kids, I like having drinks but I'm not a drunk.So if you would like some company, or a Sherpa let me know open to all.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2017, 12:28 PM

Default Looking for hunting partners near Calgary

I am 27 and looking for hunting partners in the Calgary area. I've got a truck and all the necessary gear for backcountry hunts by foot. I've got a bunch of experience in the bush from both my personal life and some time spent in the military. I've mostly hunted deer in the past so would like to try for some other game. I'd like to meet people who are interested in spot and stalk bear hunting this spring -- I will be heading out this weekend to see what I can find.

I also really enjoy climbing & mountaineering so it would be great to go for a sheep this year. This fall I'll also be hunting elk and deer. Although I am really interested in big game, I'd love to give waterfowl a try.

Ultimately I am pretty open to hunting anything. I am employed, in a long term relationship, and a stable person. I'm not looking to argue over politics or get involved with any gun activism... I just want to get outside, enjoy the mountains, camp, maybe do a little fishing, and fill the freezer.

Feel free to get in touch if you're interested in making a plan and we'll see if we can set something up.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2017, 03:37 PM

Default Bowhunting partner

Hello. 19 years old looking for a hunting partner this fall in the Edmonton area. This will be my second year hunting. My goal this year is a moose with a bow and a couple deer rifle or bow.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Best of luck little buddy.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:49 AM

Polishprojectile. I usually go out with my buddy and/or use his decoys East of Calgary. Feel free to tag along when it's season.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyak View Post
I'm a young guy (20) who is a newbie. Spectated on a few hunts when I was a little guy but don't know anyone who hunts since my grandpa passed. Figured I would take a stab at a whitetail this year as I just did my hunter ed this spring. Will travel anywhere 4 hours or so from Calgary. Looking to hunt forestry as I don't have any landowner contacts. Have my own rifles. If anyone wants some company and to show me some stuff drop me a PM.
Yea I will give you some company, I turn 18 in October and my family has some private land in sundre. as well as I know where some crown land is west of cochrane. I myself live just west of Calgary and its only an hour drive from my house. I've been hunting since I was thirteen and although I'm still learning new things; I can also teach you what I know as well.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:32 AM

Default Also from Ontario, also looking for fellow hunters to go out with for my first hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9pointkiller View Post
im a 19 year old ontarioian .... been hunting since i was knee high to a duck ... i love my watefowl and bow hunting ... looking for a hunting buddy
Also from Ontario, also looking for fellow hunters to go out with for my first hunt
Old 05-11-2017, 07:22 AM

Default Looking for someone to go hunting with

Hey guys! New to hunting, live out in the black diamond area and looking to get out on a hunt this year if anyone is willing to take me out get ahold of me on my email cause I find this forum hard to use lol! X_northwave_x@hotmail.com I'm interested in ducks, geese, deer or whatever else come by! Thanks guys, enjoy the season
Old 05-12-2017, 08:53 AM

Default Still looking for a hunting partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkm90 View Post
I am 27 and looking for hunting partners in the Calgary area. I've got a truck and all the necessary gear for backcountry hunts by foot. I've got a bunch of experience in the bush from both my personal life and some time spent in the military. I've mostly hunted deer in the past so would like to try for some other game. I'd like to meet people who are interested in spot and stalk bear hunting this spring -- I will be heading out this weekend to see what I can find.

I also really enjoy climbing & mountaineering so it would be great to go for a sheep this year. This fall I'll also be hunting elk and deer. Although I am really interested in big game, I'd love to give waterfowl a try.

Ultimately I am pretty open to hunting anything. I am employed, in a long term relationship, and a stable person. I'm not looking to argue over politics or get involved with any gun activism... I just want to get outside, enjoy the mountains, camp, maybe do a little fishing, and fill the freezer.

Feel free to get in touch if you're interested in making a plan and we'll see if we can set something up.

Thanks!
Hey Jkm90 you still looking for a hunting partner? I tried to PM you but I don't think it worked. I am 25 and live just south of Calgary. I have hunted since I was old enough to do so, Mostly just west of the city, but its getting harder to do so with less and less permission given from landowners. I am looking to get into some more backcountry hunts by foot and it seems like you are as well. I am also just getting me feet wet in the art of archery hunting as I have always rifle hunted and wanted to try something new. I have lots of gear and am willing to put on the miles. anyway PM if you are interested.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:14 PM

Default Looking for partner.

My name is Furqan and lives in Lethbridge AB. Looking for somebody to accompany for hunting upland ducks and deer.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:48 PM

Default Gopher Hunting Mentor

I gotta start somewhere. Im 28 years old, family man and a red seal electrician. I'm relaxed and would like to make some new hunting buddies that can show me the lay of the land (a few spots, the more the better). Im in Skyview and I'm willing to go about an hour out of the city in any direction.

after the baby boy is born, Id be able to extend that range.
This is a skill that I'd love to pass on to my two kids, right now 15th month and almost born son.

will you help start another hunting family?

Anyone looking to turn a padawan into a jedi, look no further.

Thanks Ruben.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:20 PM

Default Looking for a Moose Partner with a Boat

I'll be priority 5 for bull moose draw this year, and my good hunting buddy will be priority 7. We are both looking to do a river-float/boat hunt this fall. I'd prefer to join someone with a solid boat and knowledge of good moose habitat on any of the rivers in this great province.

Hit me up and let's start some planning!
Old 05-29-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Wow, this dude wants to hunt. Somebody better take this guy out. I myself dont know a ton about waterfowl hunting so it would not be worth the 3 hour drive to come up here for some mediocre duck hunting.

Hahah good one we're u from ? 3 hours up from Edmonton that must be Slave lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2017, 08:38 PM

Default Looking for Big Game Partner

New to hunting anything larger than rodents. Am 40, outdoorsy and moderately bush savvy, and safety conscience, just never had an urge to hunt until the last couple years. With the current price of meat and growing children, its become an interesting option.
Am hoping to help hunt deer, elk or moose. (Heck, for what it's worth I'll go shoot gophers if you have a spot). But I am looking to set something up for the fall. Just looking for guidance. None of my local friends hunt, so I need some help.
I live in the Red Deer Area and would be willing to travel a reasonable amount.
I have been toying with getting tags for WMU 322 , as friends own land, so I can do some scouting and get some local knowledge. But I am but open to whatever. Would prefer to not have to figure it out on my own.

If you would be interested, please give me a shout.

Jay
Old 06-09-2017, 05:12 PM

I have few rifles. YOU can pick up the ammo and we can hit the gophers. I'm taking a guy out on sunday afternoon who i met on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqr8 View Post
Old 06-09-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter505 View Post
Hey guys! New to hunting, live out in the black diamond area and looking to get out on a hunt this year if anyone is willing to take me out get ahold of me on my email cause I find this forum hard to use lol! X_northwave_x@hotmail.com I'm interested in ducks, geese, deer or whatever else come by! Thanks guys, enjoy the season

Hit me up when it's waterfowl season, Have spot where there are 2 blinds. Hopefully still up after the past days weather.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyldethang View Post
Thanks, I will keep you in mind for when I get my .22.
Before you get your .22, try my rifles out. I use .22 for short range30-80yrds and then my .17hmr for 80+. Nice to have both, however, good way to try some guns before you buy. That's my shooting tip to help new shooters.
I made the expensive mistakes of buying to replicate without proper guidance and research.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:07 AM

Default Second season hunting. Need experienced hunter

Went hunting just last fall. Looking to go hunting with someone. Moose deer elk. Anything really. Learn quick. Full aptitude for hunting. Do my research. I live in Edmonton. Looking to hunt anywhere really. Thanks
Old 06-22-2017, 03:34 AM

Default Hey

Hello people, just courious is sombody going hunting by it self, i just allways going with sombody or in group!
Old 06-28-2017, 07:46 PM

Hey guys

I live in Edmonton and I've never been hunting and am looking for someone that I can tag along with this fall. Being a single guy I'm more than willing to go anywhere in the province and will be buying anything and everything needed.

Give me a shout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2017, 08:01 PM

Default First Time Hunter

Please I am a first time hunter and I need somebody to guide in the process. Please you can reach me by email. raphalade@hotmail.com