Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-22-2017, 11:45 PM

Default Victory VAP?

I am considering trying a new arrow. I am very interested in going to a small diameter shaft. Was looking at the VAP looks very interesting does anyone have any first hand experience I am interested in the reduced wind drift and greater retained velocity. Also seems like they carry a lot of weight up front which as I understand is a good thing. Was thinking I'd like to be around the 425-450 grain weight 30in draw.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:32 AM

I have been shooting them and I think they are just great three down sides I would say is the price, they don't stay in a bow quiver very well unless you have the adjustable arrow size like the tight spot quiver and they penetrate so far you need a really good target to stop them like the block as long as it's not to shot out. If you can deal with them few things your set and I personally really like them! That's my experience with them anyway
Old 02-23-2017, 06:59 AM

Unbelievable arrow. Unreal tolerances, super straight and fly like darts.
The insert/outsert increases the FOC and they hit hard!!!
Old 02-23-2017, 11:37 AM

What about Gold Tip Pierce anyone have any experience
Old 02-23-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freerider View Post
What about Gold Tip Pierce anyone have any experience
I shot them in 50m FITA and Field competition last year but haven't used them hunting yet.

LC
Old 02-23-2017, 12:59 PM

Love my vap arrows...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 02-23-2017, 01:00 PM

Bit of a nit pick point but with the "Outsert" on the front of these arrows how do you find them for pulling out of targets? I could see that potentially getting annoying after while if you shoot them a lot.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:51 PM

They pound the same size hole going in so pulling them out of the same size hole is like pulling any other arrow I find . In fact the finish on the arrow I found it to be a little easier but that might just be me
Old 02-23-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Bit of a nit pick point but with the "Outsert" on the front of these arrows how do you find them for pulling out of targets? I could see that potentially getting annoying after while if you shoot them a lot.
i find them way easier then my carbon express or my pro series 22's
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 03-27-2017, 12:00 AM

The guy I shoot 3D with uses them, he gets WAAAAAY more penetration then I do with my maxima blue streaks. Also he shoots almost 10lbs less then me.
Last week he missed, shooting from a second story and the arrow bounced and hit a 2x4 and was fine.

These are some observations that have impressed me.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:12 AM

I have some built for my hyper edge for outdoor 3d this year. I can't wait to try them out. I'll tune them up after the indoor season is over. I am not sold on needing them for hunting though. I've been using gold tip 7595 for about the last 10 years and have never had any problems with penetration on any thing I have shot at, and since I hunt in boreal forest I don't see any need to buck any wind. If I hunted in the Prairie zones I would definitely itely consider using them.

Norm
Old 03-28-2017, 04:36 PM

I bought some VAPs and have been shooting them for a few weeks so far. My observations great arrow accurate seem to handle the wind a bit better. Here's the thing I really notice they penetrate like crazy significantly more than my maxim reds my target has trouble stopping them. Today at 50m I blew through my target the square hay bale behind it and tin wall of the shed behind that oh and the arrow was perfectly fine. This target has been shot a bit with broadheads but never had any problems stopping my other arrows.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Thats the only negative part, lost more than a few heads deep in targets upon pulling out. Other than that, they are laser beams.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:59 AM

My VAP's the TKO's, Lo torque, have an insert/outsert, my guy at Lane archery, must have amazing glue as I have never lost one in a target, and they never come loose. The front sleeve makes these arrows super tough and they hit hard!!!
Old 03-31-2017, 05:28 PM

Unreal penetration with a setup I used with 300's with 95ish grain stainless steel outsert and 100grain tip. Broadside shot on bear at 38 yards led to a pass through with the arrow stuck in the ground half way 12 feet beyond the bear. Penetration compared to other similarly weighted arrows is remarkable.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:14 AM

Any problems with the outserts?
Old 04-07-2017, 07:02 AM

None.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:40 PM

I switched to them leading up to a late season sheep hunt specifically to combat wind drift and maximize penetration. They work great and I have no plans to change. A Tight spot quiver holds onto them really well. Killed a ram and a bull moose with them over last 2 years. Great performance on both.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:08 PM

Love my VAP's. Once you shoot them you will never go back to any others. I've had more pass throughs with these than any other arrow I can think of. No problem with the outserts when pulling out of targets in my experience. The coating on them makes it easy to pull out too. Plus the tip is much larger than the diameter of the shaft so the hole is bigger on impact which also helps in pulling out of targets. FOC is crazy. They hit hard!