Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
The police in the OP were caught lying? Or is this a derailed post, turned witch hunt?
Derail of course, like many other threads on AO... What is this witchhunt stuff?

You think that cops should be able to lie? fabricate evidence?
Old 05-03-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Derail of course, like many other threads on AO... What is this witchhunt stuff?

See post #52. What is your point? I don't think anyone should "be able" to lie? fabricate evidence? You and I included...........but we do.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Gone Hunting

Or the guy is not guilty and the cops sand prosecutor simply did their jobs.

S/D The cop went to prison for 6 mos , was let out and returned to active duty? Oh wait he went to jail for six months, lost his job and was actively sought out by potential employers. Nope still not the case. He was sent to up for 6 mos, lost his job, as well as future potential jobs, passport etc, etc.

What exactly did you want dome with him? Beheading and killing his first born.

These incidents are diminished because of the over reaction and exaggeration of the frequency and severity of people who light the torches and gather the pitchforks.

When someone is caught and run through the system, then let it go. Find the next guy, whether he is a common, uncommon, citizen or rotten cop.

Make it a big deal when it is, not when the guy gets caught and charged.

There's a difference between persecution and prosecution.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

No one said that. When did you see that on this forum. That is exactly what I'm talking about.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Or the guy is not guilty and the cops sand prosecutor simply did their jobs.

S/D The cop went to prison for 6 mos , was let out and returned to active duty? Oh wait he went to jail for six months, lost his job and was actively sought out by potential employers. Nope still not the case. He was sent to up for 6 mos, lost his job, as well as future potential jobs, passport etc, etc.

What exactly did you want dome with him? Beheading and killing his first born.

These incidents are diminished because of the over reaction and exaggeration of the frequency and severity of people who light the torches and gather the pitchforks.

When someone is caught and run through the system, then let it go. Find the next guy, whether he is a common, uncommon, citizen or rotten cop.

Make it a big deal when it is, not when the guy gets caught and charged.

There's a difference between persecution and prosecution.
The man had a string of complaints against him - but yet, he still carried his badge and his gun. His own supervisor figured he was on steroids due to his bulk.

He shouldn't have been wearing a badge to the point that he laid the beating on that man. That's one of my points - but yet, Joe Public is "expected" to show this cop some respect.

What happened to him is what would have happened to us. It was a good call, he did time and he suffered. He's no longer a cop - and it shouldn't have taken that long to get the badge off him.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:29 PM

Silver, care to share with us why it is that you become completely unglued at every single thread involving the police, good or bad, and why you perpetually steer it to bad?
Old 05-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Silver, care to share with us why it is that you become completely unglued at every single thread involving the police, good or bad, and why you perpetually steer it to bad?
Show me a thread where i've come unglued over a cop that has done his job properly please?
Old 05-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Banned

Redfrog sees cops through rose colored glasses if he sees at all. I watched a RCMP under cross examination get caught lying four times for a drunk driving case. The judge kicked it out of court and the lawyer explained this happened fairly frequently. He also said it would cost about $50,000 to persue the perjury so the cop walked as well as the drunk driver. That's justice froggie!
Old 05-03-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Show me a thread where i've come unglued over a cop that has done his job properly please?
Trick question, you don't think any ever have so far as your comments go. Dig us up some proof where you simply said 'good job' on a thread where cops rescued a kidnap victim or caught a murderer or something. Searching the word "police" in your post history would require a sedative for most of us so I'll leave that particular challenge in your expert hands. My point is that your drum has been beaten clear through, its tiresome. The horse is dead. Its one thing to have passion about a subject, its another thing entirely to bore everyone into submission and not even concede error on the occasions when you're wrong (it happens you know), as others have when they've been wrong (I know for a fact that I have).
Old 05-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Trick question, you don't think any ever have so far as your comments go. Dig us up some proof where you simply said 'good job' on a thread where cops rescued a kidnap victim or caught a murderer or something. Searching the word "police" in your post history would require a sedative for most of us so I'll leave that particular challenge in your expert hands. My point is that your drum has been beaten clear through, its tiresome. The horse is dead. Its one thing to have passion about a subject, its another thing entirely to bore everyone into submission and not even concede error on the occasions when you're wrong (it happens you know), as others have when they've been wrong (I know for a fact that I have).
Search hard enough, you'll find a few threads where the pat on the back was given...

I believe in our legal system Caber, such as it is. I don't say justice system anymore, because we don't have one. And yes, I still believe in innocent until proven guilty. That is still the basis of our legal system - and if we ever lose it.

I have gotten what you would deem "lippy" with police - you give vinegar when I give courtesy, and vinegar is what you're going to get back. I don't care if you're wearing a badge, a habit or a popes tiara - treat me like crap, and you'll get it back.

I have had great dealings with police over the years, but i've also met the cop that's having a bad day - and is looking for a target to take it out on. I used to be the person that took it, the psychological detention so to speak but those days are over. Treat me with courtesy, i'll give it back 10 fold.

I drive alot in the run of a day, and frankly, i'm getting tired of seeing police breaking the laws. Don't know how many times i've been driving the speed limit, only to have a cop overtake me. Seen police blow through a red light - only to pull into Tim Hortons cause they were late for lunch. Yes, I have followed them in and I grabbed a coffee, they were not on a duty call but meeting other officers.

Several times i've been forced to enter an intersection at a red light, nearly causing an accident as a cruiser is behind me with sirens blaring and he's honking his horn. Watch him blow through the intersection, then off go the lights and siren, they slow down.

May seem like minor stuff Caber, but it's to the point where it's sickening. Who is upholding the laws when they are the ones breaking it - but if I get caught speeding? It's not all police either, there are some fine examples out there, but there's more than enough of them and we've all seen it.

If you don't like it, the ignore feature is there.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:06 AM

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch...tml?rel=847766
If that's not a corruption I don't know what is. Trying to pin his uncles murder on him is beyond pale.