Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-07-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_Tine View Post
Well this is BS.......just another smart move on preserving our animals and trophies .... Deer numbers are already low (down south) .... And trophy quality is almost non existent....not Even close to what it was 3-4 years ago..... I will be voting "NO"....
There is one more reason that archery should be put on draw!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
Dont worry,if you dont get your Archery Muledeer draw,I'll lend you my semi-Auto Fabarm 12G, and you can come and hunt Flea Bags with me at Rattlesnake all September\October.

P.S,Me and Flint are YES Men!!!

That good it's your opinion .
Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
There is one more reason that archery should be put on draw!!!
Never said that archery should not be put on draw... It's the cross bow hunting that I'm against , and if putting archery on draw how is that going to increase the hunting opportunity like stated in the original post ...There is by far more animals taken with a rifle than a bow by hunters every year .
Old 01-07-2011, 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=outlaw'd;789835]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfish View Post
Well the AFGA is the biggest representative of hunters in alberta , and have alot(IMO) of influence with SRD on issues !

" There are approximately 20K members and 150 or so of them are delegates." - HunterDave

"There are nearly 110,000 licensed hunters in Alberta annually.
The total number of hunting licenses sold in 2007 was 404,000."

(Quoted from link from below) http://www.huntingfortomorrow.com/HF...20Oct%2008.pdf

So, let me get this straight ............ roughly 150 delegates of AFGA are speaking for 20000 members( without an actual vote or survey ) and this group is speaking on behalf of the other 380000+/- hunters because they have the most influence with SRD and know what the rest of the hunters in Alberta want..........
just think of the voice we would have if the other 380000 got involved.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Banned

i have to admit to being completely stunned to hear that a few of the more vocal archers in crossbow discussions are not already members of the ABA. you dont have to choose.....you can be a member to both....and the WSF and the WEF and SWF.........yada yada.......
Old 01-07-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Deer numbers are already low (down south) .... And trophy quality is almost non existent....not Even close to what it was 3-4 years ago..... I will be voting "NO"....
You were crying about the trophy quality!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned

Wow I know people that shoot compound bows out to 80+ yards and do it well. We see it on TV more and more.From what i have seen and read most people wont shoot their cross bow past 50 yard. we also hear the Bit(hing of traditional bow hunters over compound hunters. and now compound over cross bow maybe the only advantage is that its already loaded and you can shoot in the prone position. So tell me WHATS THE BIG FREAKING DEAL STOP YOUR DAMN CRYING ALREADY
Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin View Post
Wow I know people that shoot compound bows out to 80+ yards and do it well. We see it on TV more and more.From what i have seen and read most people wont shoot their cross bow past 50 yard. we also hear the Bit(hing of traditional bow hunters over compound hunters. and now compound over cross bow maybe the only advantage is that its already loaded and you can shoot in the prone position. So tell me WHATS THE BIG FREAKING DEAL STOP YOUR DAMN CRYING ALREADY
Did you have bad week?
Maybe a nice stiff drink will calm you a little
Old 01-07-2011, 09:49 PM

Too everyone that wants to complain about the AFGA's position.....
Are you a AFGA member? If not you can't really complain about things.
Before lasts years convention, when the resolutions were discussed at your club's meeting, was it agreed on to vote for or against this resolution?

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 PM

I'm not on here to argue with a bunch of nobodys on a Internet site... I have an opinion and voiced it .... Never directed it to a specific person ... If you guys would like to get together and have a man to man talk .. ... Heck I would buy the beer ..
Old 01-07-2011, 11:09 PM

and around and around and around we go where it stops ...nobody knows
Old 01-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
Too everyone that wants to complain about the AFGA's position.....
Are you a AFGA member? If not you can't really complain about things.
Before lasts years convention, when the resolutions were discussed at your club's meeting, was it agreed on to vote for or against this resolution?
I can't say that I agree with that Rocky. I did enough complaining about the ABA position regarding crossbows and I don't belong to them.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:01 AM

If your a member or not it doesn't really seem to matter.... AFGA is Still a good old boys club ( and that won't change)!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
If your a member or not it doesn't really seem to matter.... AFGA is Still a good old boys club ( and that won't change)!
i dunno. at the local level, just about anyone can get just about anything approved if they want to. from there is a simple democratic process. if the idea has merit it will get some attention.

oh, and im gonna hold you to your post above.....youre buying me a beer at trophy day......
Old 01-08-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
i dunno. at the local level, just about anyone can get just about anything approved if they want to. from there is a simple democratic process. if the idea has merit it will get some attention.

oh, and im gonna hold you to your post above.....youre buying me a beer at trophy day......

You bet man , there will be a silver bullet heading your way ..... No pun intended....... See you there I will be playing guess the score .
Old 01-08-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I am curious on your reasoning here..... Can you expand on that little more?

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 01-12-2011, 02:03 PM

If I recall, that motion was defeated last year. But either way ,it was voted on last year and should not be brought forward again this year.
As for people not being happy with the representation, get involved, What is needed are more good ideas and solutions and less complaints, remember these are volunteers donating their time and energy to make our outdoor experiences better.
My 2bits worth
Doug
Old 01-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Gone Hunting

At our club in Rocky we take an evening and go through the resolutions and debate and vote on them. Then the delegates we send to the conference HAVE TO VOTE AS THE CLUB DID.

The "delegates" volunteer and are chosen by the club to REPRESENT the club.

Occasionally if the club does not understand the resolution or feels it does not directly effect us, we will instruct the delegates to use their digression and vote as they see fit. And after the conference they have to explain how and why they voted on these issues.

Abstaining and not voting at all is also an option.

The fact that we can use crossbows at all is I believe the result of a resolution brought forward to the AF&GA conference by the Rocky F&G club some years back.

Of course not all resolutions submitted to SRD are accepted. But it lets SRD know how the largest outdoor organization in Alberta feels.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 01-12-2011, 08:26 PM

that resolution passed the last two years and is for information it was not meant to tell members how to vote. at our post hunt meeting last night we learned IBM computer contract limits the number of hunter surveys. not all will get to vote, nor is the vote binding