Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-02-2008, 02:29 PM

Default bow river @ carseland

anyone been there would like to know if all the ice is off above the weir would like to get the boat in there and do some fishing
Old 04-04-2008, 10:24 PM

Default Caresland

All, I can tell you is as of last week i went to Jansens , Mckinnon Flats and the Caresland Bridge below the weir and all had 5 feet of Ice and Mckinnon had 20 yards of it. With a little warm weather over the next few weeks we should be good. A lot of slack water at Caresland launch so probably a significant amount of ice. Hang in there, It's coming soon!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:44 PM

Default Carseland

Hi i was thinking of headng down to carseland to do some Bow River fishing but I have never been there. Can you tell me anything about the area and the best place to fish. I have done the float trips down the bow with a guide and have also fished the bow around Cochrane but I have never been to this area.. Thanks fom Rocky
Old 04-12-2008, 10:54 PM

Smile

i have not been down there yet i am going down there sometime this week to do some fishing i hope the river will clean up a little bit i like to swing streamers or cast spinners do a little bit of both and see whats working the best if you go down there can you post if all the ice is gone last year i had good luck with black leach pattern right by the first boat launch in that deep pool good luck
Old 04-14-2008, 01:54 PM

Default Caresland

Am going to the PC Tuesday and will drive upstream of the weir as that section is open. Is there good access for a little boat? My GPS says the north side but would like some suggestions. All C&R on a fly. Thanks!
T
Old 04-14-2008, 03:33 PM

no idea about the weir... I was at jenz (SP) a few days ago river is open but there are still lost of ice banks to deal with.

cohod
Old 04-18-2008, 05:07 PM

Default The Bow at Caresland

Am just back and want to say thanks for the "lack of info shared". I managed just fine! I now know more about the area than before. Lots of water and lots of Browns.
T