Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 06:49 PM

Default Does anyone know a lawyer?

Hi, I have a unique situation.

I had a ticket which was illegally issued to me in September. The ticket was for trespassing.

When I started dealing with it in November it turned out that the ticket was misplaced by the officer and the case was subsequently dropped as a result.

Then five months later another officer shows up at my door on Saturday night and gives me another ticket for the same violation and tells me I have only a month to deal with it.

I am going to the court and need a lawyer who could help me in the process. If you know one please pm me.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2024, 06:58 PM

If you'd like, I can represent you. If you look through my posts you will see that I'm more than qualified.

As a matter of fact, just a few weeks ago, I was trespassing. And as of yet, nobody ever found out.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2024, 08:39 PM

Default Flow chart

Petty trespass for which you have been issued a ticket:
Did you do it? No/Yes. If no don’t pay and go to court no lawyer required. If yes do you want to pay the fine? If yes pay it. If yes and you do not want to pay the fine pay a lawyer a lot of money and pay the fine. Make sense?
Old 01-27-2024, 08:44 PM

I'm so looking forward to all the replies from the AO Legal Expert Brain Trust....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-27-2024, 08:46 PM

sounds like one of those wrong bathroom situations
Old 01-27-2024, 08:51 PM

15 posts , hmmmm…
Old 01-27-2024, 09:00 PM
AO Sponsor

I can put you in touch with my lawyer... He is really good. Charges $400/hour for his time though so unless this is serious level maybe just pay the fine.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 01-27-2024, 09:01 PM

You in Milk River or High Level?

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 01-27-2024, 09:03 PM

I’m not a lawyer but I play one on AO.
Old 01-27-2024, 09:07 PM

Grotski in Edmonton
Old 01-27-2024, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Petty trespass for which you have been issued a ticket:
Did you do it? No/Yes. If no don’t pay and go to court no lawyer required. If yes do you want to pay the fine? If yes pay it. If yes and you do not want to pay the fine pay a lawyer a lot of money and pay the fine. Make sense?
You didn’t get my point. It is not about what I did or didnt. It is about what they did.

Imagine you get pulled over for speeding and given a ticket. Three months later you are trying to pay it and you are told that your ticket was lost. And because of that you don’t have to pay.

Then 5 months later a police officer is knocking on your door on your birthday (yes, he came on my birthday) and tells you that he lost your ticket (the one he issued 5 months ago for your speeding) and hands you a new one. Moreover, threatening you that if you don’t pay in a month there will be a warrant issued for your arrest (yes, that’s exactly what he said).

How crazy is that? Wouldn’t that **** you off? I hope a lawyer helps me prove my point.
Old 01-27-2024, 09:27 PM

Someone will know a lawyer if you give your location

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 01-27-2024, 09:31 PM

I wasn't really invested in this, but when you said it happened on your birthday, it changd the whole narrative for me. That's just not right, we should all have one day a year where we don't need to worry about a cop showing up.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-27-2024, 09:37 PM

Remember when we had the yellow pages and you could go there and find lawyers and dentists and massage parlours…..
Old 01-27-2024, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Someone will know a lawyer if you give your location
I am in Calgary.
Old 01-27-2024, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Remember when we had the yellow pages and you could go there and find lawyers and dentists and massage parlours…..
Indeed...in the white pages there was a listing for "Dial a Lawyer"...it was a line run by the Bar Assoc that would refer you to a lawyer for 30 mins of free legal advice.

It was located just below a booze delivery service called "Dial a Bottle"

Funny how nature works
Old 01-27-2024, 10:35 PM

Is it just me or are things a little more hostile around here lately? Seems more than the usual Jan/Feb cabin fever...

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 01-27-2024, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
Is it just me or are things a little more hostile around here lately? Seems more than the usual Jan/Feb cabin fever...

ARG
Could be. Not like Covid thread nasty, but more abrasive then normal. The mods seem to be slacking off.

Old 01-27-2024, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farid View Post
You didn’t get my point. It is not about what I did or didnt. It is about what they did.

Imagine you get pulled over for speeding and given a ticket. Three months later you are trying to pay it and you are told that your ticket was lost. And because of that you don’t have to pay.

Then 5 months later a police officer is knocking on your door on your birthday (yes, he came on my birthday) and tells you that he lost your ticket (the one he issued 5 months ago for your speeding) and hands you a new one. Moreover, threatening you that if you don’t pay in a month there will be a warrant issued for your arrest (yes, that’s exactly what he said).

How crazy is that? Wouldn’t that **** you off? I hope a lawyer helps me prove my point.
Paying good money on a lawyer to prove a point? To whom? The LEO's involved? I doubt they'll care or recieve any kind of reprimand.

I agree, a lousy thing to happen, but is it worth the money?
Old 01-27-2024, 11:51 PM

I could have some sympathy for a speeding ticket, but trespassing is actually something that matters.
Since you didn't give details about your trespassing, I'm going to assume it's a good thing you got issued another ticket.
Stay on your own side of the fence.
Old 01-28-2024, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheasantchaser View Post
Paying good money on a lawyer to prove a point? To whom? The LEO's involved? I doubt they'll care or recieve any kind of reprimand.

I agree, a lousy thing to happen, but is it worth the money?
Lousy things??? Do you know what makes corrupt countries corrupt? It is allowing officials to get away with their “lousy things”. Believe me, I know what I am talking about. So with or without a lawyer I will do whatever it takes to hold them responsible for what they did. So it is not about money.
Old 01-28-2024, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I could have some sympathy for a speeding ticket, but trespassing is actually something that matters.
Since you didn't give details about your trespassing, I'm going to assume it's a good thing you got issued another ticket.
I am not talking about what I did. I am taking about what the officers did.
Old 01-28-2024, 01:09 AM

Quote:
I am not talking about what I did. I am taking about what the officers did.
I get what you’re saying, you have no problem with the original ticket at all if it was filled out right.
But weeks later he came back with a new ticket…….
People beat impaireds due to small technicality’s. You would think a trespass ticket would be the same.
Maybe the officer is trying to save face and trying to get you anyway……
Which isn’t right
Then again I’m no lawyer so I’m not positive.
I don’t think I’d waste money on a lawyer though.
Just go to court. The judge will know.
Old 01-28-2024, 02:13 AM

I once had a parking ticket left under a wiper that had three copies attached together. I went to pay it the same day and the lady said I had to go across the street and whatever directions to give them the two copies that were supposed to be kept by the… what do you call those guys? By-law officer? I thanked her and threw the “trio” to the garbage on my way out. Silver linings.
Old 01-28-2024, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Speeding kills innocent lives. Trespassing sucks.
Perspective.
Old 01-28-2024, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Speeding kills innocent lives.
Speeding and innocent are both relative terms.
Old 01-28-2024, 03:34 AM

Default Pass The Popcorn Please

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-28-2024, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I wasn't really invested in this, but when you said it happened on your birthday, it changd the whole narrative for me. That's just not right, we should all have one day a year where we don't need to worry about a cop showing up.

I often forget my birthday.
I was speeding one day up in High Level (?) years ago. Got stopped. He looks at my licence & tells me to slow down & left me scratching my head......look at my licence & it was my birthday !
Cool ! No ticket !
Old 01-28-2024, 05:15 AM

Default Best lawyer there is.

I suggest you give Johnnie Cochran a call, he can get anybody off.
Just make sure you shrink your gloves first.
Old 01-28-2024, 05:28 AM

Quote:

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/laws/st....html#document

Under section 4(1), the Officer has a limitation of 6 months to lay the charge/serve the ticket. Even though there is voluntary pay option, they can't apply to amount to your motor vehicle services. That is why if you don't pay the fine or attend court, there is a warrant issued for your arrest.

If you don't like how the Officer behaved, then you might have better luck filing a complaint with their department; be cheaper too.
Closed Thread