Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2024, 10:05 AM

Smile Liberal MP says it is time to consider a leadership...

O.K. folks this could be it. I don't think for one second that this is not part of a much larger plan... to win a majority in the next election. It is in the Liberal's best interest to have the next election in the summer, so I would count backwards from that. They will have to table a budget in the house before that so expect some pre election goodies.

Lets see if the party that thinks that they should always win can pull this one off, nothing would surprise me.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:27 AM

I just did a long post on the NDP Retreat in Edmonton, why the NDP would want to call a snap election ASAP as well as the bad news on the Horizon that requires the NDP to pull pin before the summer.

Go read it and you will understand the trouble that is coming for us, and the game of Musical Chairs that the NDP are now playing.

Drewski
Old 01-24-2024, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
O.K. folks this could be it. I don't think for one second that this is not part of a much larger plan... to win a majority in the next election. It is in the Liberal's best interest to have the next election in the summer, so I would count backwards from that. They will have to table a budget in the house before that so expect some pre election goodies.

Lets see if the party that thinks that they should always win can pull this one off, nothing would surprise me.
Hahahahaha, they’re doomed no matter what at this point. They dug their own hole, no sympathy here. I look forward to their party backstabbing each other tripping over themselves to see which one of the cockroaches gets to go down with the ship. It’ll be entertaining.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:54 PM

The liberrals are at a low point, and the ndp helped them to get there, so an election in the near future would help the Conservatives, more than anyone else. The liberals would have to blame Trudeau and his cabinet for everything, and dump them all from the party, to gain much credibility from the voters.
Old 01-24-2024, 03:17 PM

Singh can tour and say whatever he wants, he is still Justin's puppet boy when it suits him, then the bloc takes over the position when Singh has to show some kind of back bone. I doubt there will be a early election.

I'm hoping for a massive seat wipe out for the libs, just like what happened to the conservatives but I doubt it will be that wide spread. Too many lefties like what the Libs have to give.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:01 PM

Liberals will want to table a budget with lots of free stuff for people using tax payers money.

Then at the Conservatives won’t care about people.

Then challenge the NDP to not back it by putting something in it Singh doesn’t like.

Then blame others for the cost of an early election.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-24-2024, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Liberals will want to table a budget with lots of free stuff for people using tax payers money.

Then at the Conservatives won’t care about people.

Then challenge the NDP to not back it by putting something in it Singh doesn’t like.

Then blame others for the cost of an early election.
The earlier, the better.
Old 01-24-2024, 09:24 PM

Jeez, I hope Trudeau is at the helm for the next election. I’d love to watch the liberal zealots try and justify voting for Trudeau.
Without even the hope of a new leader, I’d expect most liberals to simply stay home on election night. How could they justify voting for the little potato again?

Don’t give them an excuse to vote for a new face that will promise a ‘new’ liberal party! Keep Trudeau !
Old 01-24-2024, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Jeez, I hope Trudeau is at the helm for the next election. I’d love to watch the liberal zealots try and justify voting for Trudeau.
Without even the hope of a new leader, I’d expect most liberals to simply stay home on election night. How could they justify voting for the little potato again?

Don’t give them an excuse to vote for a new face that will promise a ‘new’ liberal party! Keep Trudeau !
I also want Trudeau to remain leader, so he can keep dragging down the party. Replacing one idiot, won't help Canada.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I also want Trudeau to remain leader, so he can keep dragging down the party. Replacing one idiot, won't help Canada.
Zactly, best thing the conservatives got going for them is trudeau
Old 01-25-2024, 06:11 AM

Keep dreaming.

Singh hitched his wagon to trudope, knowing it was going down hill, for a pension. It is abundantly clear at this point nothing will force an election. The selfie clown could dance through the street in blackface (again) and it wouldn’t matter.

They both know they are done, now it’s about taking as much cash in their way out as possible and they have a couple years to do it.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:16 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post

Agree, if they get someone at the helm now it might change the outcome of a future election....

Rats are running around on a sinking boat

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-25-2024, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Keep dreaming.

Singh hitched his wagon to trudope, knowing it was going down hill, for a pension. It is abundantly clear at this point nothing will force an election. The selfie clown could dance through the street in blackface (again) and it wouldn’t matter.

They both know they are done, now it’s about taking as much cash in their way out as possible and they have a
couple years to do it.
Singh wants the cash, Trudeau has enough cash stolen/hidden, to last several lifetimes, so for him, ego is a huge factor.
Old 01-25-2024, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Agree, if they get someone at the helm now it might change the outcome of a future election....

Rats are running around on a sinking boat
Don’t insult rats. They’re very intelligent creatures in contrast to lieberals.
Old 01-25-2024, 07:31 AM

When Trudeau interfered with the administration of Justice and fired Wilson-Raybough for standing up for what was legal, right and ethical, ALL Liberal MPs should have demanded he resign. They have not just stood by, they have actively enabled all of Trudeau's violations of law, ethics and standards. Everyone of them, along with the NDP are just as guilty as Trudeau. They ALL need to be turfed for their failure to represent the people of Canada. Those that were lining their pockets at the same time need to go to jail, in addition to losing all pensions, allowances and elected status.

Anyone who still votes Liberal despite the, massive breadth and number of betrayals are also traitors to Canada.

Last edited by Dean2; 01-25-2024 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:36 AM

And now the Liberal clown MP flip flops.....lol. Katie must have spanked him.

"Avalon MP now says he's not calling for a review, says prime minister is a 'great campaigner"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...view-1.7094270

Honestly though, this is about as news worthy as the cartoon of the day. I must be bored.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
And now the Liberal clown MP flip flops.....lol. Katie must have spanked him.

"Avalon MP now says he's not calling for a review, says prime minister is a 'great campaigner"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...view-1.7094270

Honestly though, this is about as news worthy as the cartoon of the day. I must be bored.
Typical spineless liberal.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:58 AM

Default Try to think what the plan is...

It is not about what anyone wants it is what will the libs think is their best chance to win a majority. Squeezing out the NDs will help, a new leader, some new candidates, popular items in the budget. What else can you think of that they will do?

Remember always winning is all that counts and they win most of the time, and they will want to win this time. Don't spend money in ridings that you have no chance (Elk that's yours) and any other ideas that we can come up with. You can be sure the back room boys are hard at it right now, riding by riding.

Other than the Liberal record, what can the PCs do to help them win? Start getting ready and don't assume that JT will be the leader for a start.
Old 01-25-2024, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
When Trudeau interfered with the administration of Justice and fired Wilson-Raybough for standing up for what was legal, right and ethical, ALL Liberal MPs should have demanded he resign. They have not just stood by, they have actively enabled all of Trudeau's violations of law, ethics and standards. Everyone of them, along with the NDP are just as guilty as Trudeau. They ALL need to be turfed for their failure to represent the people of Canada. Those that were lining their pockets at the same time need to go to jail, in addition to losing all pensions, allowances and elected status.

Anyone who still votes Liberal despite the, massive breadth and number of betrayals are also traitors to Canada.
Absolutely agree with this statement.

The sad truth is that there really is no mechanism for the citizens other than an election to deal with these criminals. The worst they get is not re-elected. Pensions and benefits continue with only 6 years of being a MP.

BW
Old 01-25-2024, 11:03 AM

I expect more election interference.
Old 01-25-2024, 11:29 AM

It's hard not to look at Singh and think he's MORE responsible for the mess we're in than Trudeau, so the level of insult I feel when he tries to sell us on the idea that he doesn't like this/that Liberal policy..like he doesn't have a choice?

Put your money where your mouth is ya self-serving, spineless, POS hypocrite.

It's disheartening to think that there are so many Canadians who vote based on what freebies they'll get, and so many who look at a smiling sock-boy rolling a tear and believe 1 second of it.

In my own life, and with the Liberals I butt heads with, there only is one party=the LPC. I got into it with a family member this past weekend, a guy who chooses to not talk politics with me...but is very much a Liberal/Toronto guy. I try not to talk politics either, but there is only so much a conservative can take! There is a line that Liberals like to trot-out with me, more in an attempt to end the conversation, but it goes something like "well all politicians are corrupt, we'll have a chat once Pierre wins and see if you feel the same way".

Once I recover from the idea that an otherwise intelligent guy is paying so little attention to Trudeau's transgressions that he consider's the PM's level of corruption to be kinda run-of-the-mill. (???)

My response is usually; "I'll eat my hat if he's anything like Justin Trudeau-I look forward to that conversation"

I hope the Liberals close the doors and in that vacuum, decide that shrill-sounding witch Freeland is the next/best option. In all seriousness, Trudeau should stay for all the reasons discussed...but she's gonna be a long *almost* 2 years putting up with that a**hat.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:02 PM

I 100% agree with you Dean2.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
It's hard not to look at Singh and think he's MORE responsible for the mess we're in than Trudeau, so the level of insult I feel when he tries to sell us on the idea that he doesn't like this/that Liberal policy..like he doesn't have a choice?

Put your money where your mouth is ya self-serving, spineless, POS hypocrite.

It's disheartening to think that there are so many
Canadians who vote based on what freebies they'll get, and so many who look at a smiling sock-boy rolling a tear and believe 1 second of it.

In my own life, and with the Liberals I butt heads with, there only is one party=the LPC. I got into it with a family member this past weekend, a guy who chooses to not talk politics with me...but is very much a Liberal/Toronto guy. I try not to talk politics either, but there is only so much a conservative can take! There is a line that
Liberals like to trot-out with me, more in an attempt to end the conversation, but it goes something like "well all politicians are corrupt, we'll have a chat once Pierre wins and see if you feel the same way".

Once I recover from the idea that an otherwise intelligent guy is paying so little attention to Trudeau's transgressions that he consider's the PM's level of corruption to be kinda run-of-the-mill. (???)

My response is usually; "I'll eat my hat if he's anything like Justin Trudeau-I look forward to that conversation"

I hope the Liberals close the doors and in that vacuum, decide that shrill-sounding witch Freeland is the next/best option. In all seriousness, Trudeau should stay for all the reasons discussed...but she's gonna be a long *almost* 2 years putting up with that a**hat.
Unfortunately, we can't choose our relatives, I have a couple of woke relatives myself, both former teachers, and it can be awkward at family get togethers. I don't have any liberal/ndp friends, because I choose my friends carefully.
Old 01-25-2024, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post

Totally agree with your assessment of the situation 100%