Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2024, 09:35 AM

Default Disappointed

The UCP government talks about how they are going to change healthcare and make it more accessible for all Albertans. They then have a travelling roadshow that was supposed to go to 40 towns across Alberta to hear from the general public. Well the engagement sessions started this past Tuesday in Lethbridge and apparently it was a full house. And from the sounds of it, things were said that were not favorable to the UCP. Well some government noses must be out of joint, because they have cancelled the engagement session that was slated to take place in Medicine Hat on Thursday. Instead they will carry on with the engagement session in the safe haven of Brooks on Thursday afternoon.
What is that old saying, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Just wondering.
Old 01-24-2024, 09:38 AM

Well that proves it, they are inept, I am voting NDP next time.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-24-2024, 10:02 AM

So what things were said that UCP supposedly didn't like. Were they legitimate questions or did the Liberal/NDPeepees deliberately go there to disrupt the meetings.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM

Were the raging Grannie's there? Remember that group? Are they still around?
I suspect every union minion was ready for the meeting.
UCP could probably learn something from way Trump gets his message out.
One thing I like about Trump. He doesn't get elected and then allow advisor lawyer's or experts tell him what he what can do. He doesn't just roll a long and go a long with what the non voters tell him to do.
I have faith in Daniel. Shake things up Danny.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM

Let's put things in perspective and leave the different political parties out of it. Lethbridge was one of the first engagement sessions for the roadshow. There was going to be upset people especially in that area with wait times in the ERs, unable to get a family doctor, surgical waitlists and the list goes on and on.
To them whoever was there was representing the government. So if it was negative, the government should gather and use this information to formulate a plan to improve the healthcare system. In a situation like this the feedback from the public will not always be favorable. Also remember the UCP chose to go with this format of public information sessions.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
Let's put things in perspective and leave the different political parties out of it. Lethbridge was one of the first engagement sessions for the roadshow. There was going to be upset people especially in that area with wait times in the ERs, unable to get a family doctor, surgical waitlists and the list goes on and on.
To them whoever was there was representing the government. So if it was negative, the government should gather and use this information to formulate a plan to improve the healthcare system. In a situation like this the feedback from the public will not always be favorable. Also remember the UCP chose to go with this format of public information sessions.
I'm not sure of UCP plan but health care in southern Alberta went to pieces when all money and control went to Calgary
Health care south of Calgary is very awful .
What little we do have is probably more because of Mormons who don't want to leave the area.
There are people who have lived here for decades and still dont have a family doctor but yet more and more people keep moving here
Old 01-24-2024, 10:36 AM

Regardless of the party, the majority of politicians are the same and accountability is a term that is absent in their leadership...
Old 01-24-2024, 10:41 AM

As quoted from the Healthcare Minister, Adriana Lagrange:

The provincial government announced the in-person event in mid-January, with the province saying the purpose of the event is to allow Albertans to have a voice when it comes to their health care. Sessions are expected to touch on topics such as challenges local communities and communities across the province are facing when it comes to healthcare, possible solutions and “innovations.”

According to Minister of Health, Adriana LaGrange, being able to work and collaborate with front-line healthcare workers, regional partners and residents is an important part of improving the provincial healthcare system. The input,

“Ensuring Albertans and their families have a health care system that is responsive and reliable is critical. That’s why it’s so important we have these face-to-face conversations with front-line workers, patients and caregivers about the challenges that exist and how we can build a stronger healthcare system that serves the current and future needs of Albertans,” LaGrange says.

I would say it is going to be a long and interesting time on the road for Minister Lagrange and her colleagues.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I’m convinced lol. How’d we get it so wrong? Guess I’ll have to vote for the commie bastards too. Sign me up!
Old 01-24-2024, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Were the raging Grannie's there? Remember that group? Are they still around?
I suspect every union minion was ready for the meeting.
UCP could probably learn something from way Trump gets his message out.
One thing I like about Trump. He doesn't get elected and then allow advisor lawyer's or experts tell him what he what can do. He doesn't just roll a long and go a long with what the non voters tell him to do.
I have faith in Daniel. Shake things up Danny.
Trump has back door negotiations with real estate developers, services. He knows how to win his arguments (has 40+ years of experience), vs TODAYS politicians whom have zero real world business experiences. Therefore guided by bureaucratic governance. Big differences. Trump is trump. Yup.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Regardless of the party, the majority of politicians are the same and accountability is a term that is absent in their leadership...
Where is the lie?
Old 01-24-2024, 06:20 PM

NDP zealots will show up at any UCP meeting in droves. Conservatives tend to stay home. Unfortunately, the same thing happens on election night.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Lol!! This right here, makes me wish there was a like button on this forum.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:55 PM

Quote:
The UCP government talks about how they are going to change healthcare and make it more accessible for all Albertans. They then have a travelling roadshow that was supposed to go to 40 towns across Alberta to hear from the general public. Well the engagement sessions started this past Tuesday in Lethbridge and apparently it was a full house. And from the sounds of it, things were said that were not favorable to the UCP. Well some government noses must be out of joint, because they have cancelled the engagement session that was slated to take place in Medicine Hat on Thursday. Instead they will carry on with the engagement session in the safe haven of Brooks on Thursday afternoon.
What is that old saying, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Just wondering.
If we all just would have voted NDP we would be in a healthcare utopia. Things would be all better. Unicorns breeding butterflies and the sun would be shining 24/7.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:02 PM

Quote:
These problems have been around for a long time. NDP failed to move the dial. UCP fought the feds and got more money for the system.

Now what needs to be done is find out how clean up the current system before pouring money into a black hole.

People complaining they don’t have a doctor, are waiting for surgeries etc. is not the info the government needs.

They need to know how to do more with less. Efficiency efficiency efficiency.

Need to know how to attract more staff into the system and have them doing value added roles.

Find out where companies can step in and do something cheaper.

How can we fit more surgeries in a day… there appears to be times when surgical beds go unused. Where surgeons would like to use them but there are road block and gate keepers and bureaucrats confusing the system.

I don’t know enough about the inner workings of hospitals but there are those that do. Don’t need these meetings plugged up with NDP stooges looking to make scenes.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-24-2024, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
NDP zealots will show up at any UCP meeting in droves. Conservatives tend to stay home. Unfortunately, the same thing happens on election night.
Is it only the "NDP zealots" who are ****ed off about our broken healthcare system? I dont think so.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredF2 View Post
Is it only the "NDP zealots" who are ****ed off about our broken healthcare system? I dont think so.
All the zealots cry for is more money, the problems in health care go far deeper. We pay a princely sum for substandard health care. Time to start over. How that looks I don't know, but throwing more money at it like we have done for the past 40 yrs has proven to be a failure.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-24-2024, 08:45 PM

Too bad Alberta doesn't have the healthcare like the rest of the country, except every province is complaining of the same thing.

The healthcare system is broken across the country. Maybe the feds shouldn't be involved with tax dollars on this. Maybe most of our taxes should be provincial, where you live and work. All I see at this time is federal tax is stealing from me.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:02 PM

Unfortunately, that's not the union way.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 01-25-2024, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post

Unfortunately, that's not the union way.
Yup, although we need unions, they’re not out for the best interest of the taxpayer.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:13 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
Too bad Alberta doesn't have the healthcare like the rest of the country, except every province is complaining of the same thing.

The healthcare system is broken across the country. Maybe the feds shouldn't be involved with tax dollars on this. Maybe most of our taxes should be provincial, where you live and work. All I see at this time is federal tax is stealing from me.
The Feds dumped a bunch of cash into provinces etc for their medical systems to be improved upon now it’s up to the elected guberments or make the proper upgrades....you would think this would be easy as it’s your province and if the guberment at hand is dialled in well problems go away but....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-25-2024, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canery View Post
Where is the lie?
You typically don't have to look hard, watch for their lips to move.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
The Feds dumped a bunch of cash into provinces etc for their medical systems to be improved upon now it’s up to the elected guberments or make the proper upgrades....you would think this would be easy as it’s your province and if the guberment at hand is dialled in well problems go away but....

When the Feds offer cash to the provinces, they usually impose conditions, which prevents things from being as
"easy" as you think. You have to look beyond liberal propaganda, to see the truth.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Straight up
Old 01-25-2024, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
When the Feds offer cash to the provinces, they usually impose conditions, which prevents things from being as
"easy" as you think. You have to look beyond liberal propaganda, to see the truth.
Some conditions would be reasonable like provinces actually spending federal health dollars on healthcare but that condition is that they only need to spend $0.58 out of every new dollar on healthcare.

Doesn't matter how much money we throw at healthcare so long as Canadians continue to want to hold on our outdated, mediocre system. Canadians are brainwashed into believing it's our way or the US way with nothing in between and politicians exploit the fear of a US system rather than following many of the European private/public mixed models.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Some conditions would be reasonable like provinces actually spending federal health dollars on healthcare but that condition is that they only need to spend $0.58 out of every new dollar on healthcare.

Doesn't matter how much money we throw at healthcare so long as Canadians continue to want to hold on our outdated, mediocre system. Canadians are brainwashed into believing it's our way or the US way with nothing in between and politicians exploit the fear of a US system rather than following many of the European private/public mixed models.
Nailed it. The propaganda machine of the unions just keeps spreading fear about private delivery. Until we get over that our health care will continue to deteriorate.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-25-2024, 08:56 AM

Default Great post

The province knows what people think. They paid Ernst and Young $2 million dollars to write a report on this topic. They (the consultants) interviewed I think it was about 36,000 people. The report was released by the government on Dec 31 2019 (?) and sooon after was revised but no mention of the edits that the government made. It mentioned that of the 106 hospitals in Alberta, almost as many as Ontario only 17 were any good, they also recommended that 35 should be closed or amalgamated with neighouring hospitals. They could save themselves some grief by just reading the report, seeing what they have done with the recommendations and go from there.

Just to keep asking people what is wrong and then not doing any thing about the problems will just make them mad!

BTW, we have 2 fine medical schools so these problems are remedial, it will take money and time but they can be fixed.

The nursing issue may be more difficult, when women could be either a school teacher or nurse are long gone. You will have to try harder to attract students.

Last point, now that the government is expanding the role of nurses to Diagnosis and perscribe medications, I trust they will step up and provide them with insurance against the law suits that are bound to come.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:57 AM

What do STDs like HIV cost the system? What does street drug culture cost the system? What will be the healthcare cost in future for countless numbers of new middle age Canadians coming into the country?
Old 01-25-2024, 10:26 AM

Until we build more hospitals with more doctors and nurses across the country it will continue to get worse for Canadians. Our population is expanding too fast and the federal government is hell bent on propping up our GDP with reckless immigration.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:32 AM

It's the way all levels of government operate. Have a study commissioned, travel the province or country to discuss...over and over and over and over and over. Meanwhile nothing get done that matters.

BW