Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-18-2014, 09:41 AM

Default Grizz Targets

Hello fellow bow hunters and archers!

We all know what a pain archery targets can be, spending top dollar for something to shoot at and destroy is something that a lot of archers cringe over. If you're like me and shoot a lot, archery targets can turn out to be a huge expense at the end of the year. At over $200 for something that wears out in 6 months, it's enough to deter some from shooting their bows.

After trying pretty much every target design and manufacturer on the market with poor to marginal results I was very happy to discover a target that finally delivered and held up to it's promise, and they were being hand built by a fellow bow hunter only minutes from my house in Sundre!

Grizz Targets, locally owned and operated by an avid bow hunter near Sundre, Jim Wilson. He has designed and manufactured some truly amazing targets.

He currently offers 6 models of target and also does custom orders for ranges or in large enough quantities.

Current models:

Carbon Catcher 22 Field point target, 22 x 22 x 18

Carbon Stop 24 Broadhead target, 24 x 22 18

Backpacker Spike Camp, 14 x 14 x 2.5

Backpacker Ultralite, 12 x 12 x 2.5 (octagon shape)

Big Bear Range, 48 x 48 x 18 (constructed in a plywood frame with base)

Big Bear Range all foam, 48 x 48 x 18 (foam block only, no frame or base)

I have been shooting a Carbon Catcher for 5 months, over 1500 arrows and it is holding up amazingly. Arrows don't even penetrate through the back yet!

I have also never found a target that is so easy to pull your arrows out of, you can easily remove arrows with two fingers.

The Broadhead target is equally impressive, I've shot mine around 150 times with Slick Trick Magnums and no foam is missing at all.

These are truly impressive targets and prices are lower than any other equivalents you will find in stores.

PM or email me for more info, prices or to place an order. Local pick up in Sundre, can deliver to Calgary at certain times.

edmondson.mitch@gmail.com

Straight arrows!

Mitch

Last edited by mmars89; 07-18-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:00 AM

Default Grizz Targets

Nice plug. They do work pretty good though. Haven't shot one enough to compare longevity to an 18-1 or spider web or anything like that though
Old 07-18-2014, 10:28 AM

You would honestly probably sell more targets if pricing was readily available and easy to see.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBFK View Post
You would honestly probably sell more targets if pricing was readily available and easy to see.
Yes I agree, however due to company development and whatnot we do not want to post prices as they are prone to change as the company grows but I can tell you the prices are as low as they will ever be and are lower than any competitor of equal quality.

I have no problems giving prices to anyone that is interested in purchasing.

Thank you

Mitch
Old 07-18-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
Nice plug. They do work pretty good though. Haven't shot one enough to compare longevity to an 18-1 or spider web or anything like that though
Yes this is a plug without a doubt. I am trying to promote a great product that is made locally in Alberta by a fellow bow hunter just like us, rather than giving business to american companies for an inferior product.

Thank you for your input about the targets. Keep shooting it, I guarantee that you will not be disappointed!

We have had a Carbon Catcher hanging at my buddies place that we get together and shoot at all the time. On an average weekend the target will see somewhere around 500 arrows, it's been there for 6 months or so and arrows are still not penetrating through the back side (we are still only shooting the front and back, flipping it around once in a while). The target can also be shot from any side, that gives you 6 sides to shoot, I figure these will last a very very long time.

Thanks

Mitch
Old 07-18-2014, 11:18 AM

No disrespect, as I am interested and send you a PM

However unless you word this different ...I have a prediction...

Neil
Old 07-18-2014, 12:01 PM

Perhaps you are right Neil, I should have put this in the buy/sell.

Mods, would you be so kind as to move this thread to the buy/sell please?

Thanks

Mitch