Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2024, 07:33 PM

Default Canadian Terrorist...

It turns out the fellow in Edmonton that brought guns into the city hall, fired a few shots, broke some glass and dropped a Molitov cocktail that he didn't light. He also left a note on Facebook(?) that said he was mad about a lot of things but wasn't going to kill children and he wasn't a psychopath.

He was a security guard at the city hall. He turned himself in to an unarmed guard at city hall without killing anybody.

He has pretty well got it as being a Canadian, the non violence is perfect, being polite is good, we can't have have guys bringing guns into city hall, that has to be condemed.

If he gets to stay in Canada long enough he will come to realise that apathy will solve almost all of the problems.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:29 PM

From the news, looking at the charges he's facing , I gather he's getting the poor misguided soul turning his life around treatment.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 01-26-2024, 06:01 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

He just had a bad day, poor fella Just needs to be understood and I am sure he will be ok....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-26-2024, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
From the news, looking at the charges he's facing , I gather he's getting the poor misguided soul turning his life around treatment.
Exactly what I expected when tbey released the name.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
He was a security guard at the city hall.
The Canadian Corps of Commissionaires released a statement, saying the suspect was an employee but not assigned to work at city hall.

I heard that on the news and have read it in a few articles online. Do you have a reference to him working at city hall?

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:57 PM

Poor guy just needs a hug and 10.5 million $ from sparkle sox.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:31 PM

While I don't really think the guy went about his "protest" quite the right way, his message of love and peace and everyone just get along is actually pretty good. Most everyone assumed he was some kind of extreme terrorist at first, even myself. But, after reading a little bit about him, I actually think I kind of like the guy.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
If he gets to stay in Canada long enough he will come to realise that apathy will solve almost all of the problems.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
He just had a bad day, poor fella Just needs to be understood and I am sure he will be ok....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Poor guy just needs a hug and 10.5 million $ from sparkle sox.

And yet, me as a law abiding firearms owner gets to be discriminated upon and treated like a criminal in waiting. It’s called bigotry. And if I ever broke a firearms law, no one in authority would ever show any pity on me.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:51 PM

His plan was just cut short . I wonder what would of happened if that elevator door did not close before he got on . Must of had an Angel on someones side that day .
Old 01-27-2024, 10:57 AM

I don’t think he was planning on actually killing someone. More like making his voice heard. The article from The Journal sums it up very nicely describing him as a Salad….
Old 01-27-2024, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I don’t think he was planning on actually killing someone. More like making his voice heard. The article from The Journal sums it up very nicely describing him as a Salad….
Walk into public place with a loaded gun and things could go sideway very quickly, no matter what your intent.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 01-27-2024, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Walk into public place with a loaded gun and things could go sideway very quickly, no matter what your intent.
True, same as if you walk into the same place completely naked….