Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2020, 01:28 AM
AO Sponsor

Default Serengeti Fishing Charters Salmon/Halibut Fishing REPORTS 2020

Hey guys,

As usual will be doing a reports thread this season. Fishing has started out pretty amazingly.

We are offering 30% off our all inclusive trips for June and some of July so contact me asap as we are actually filling up with Alberta/BC/Sask guests fairly quickly with this once in a lifetime deal! And no, Albertans aren't treated badly in BC, but are actually welcome! Port Hardy, Port McNeill etc have all declared open for tourism now as well! ( https://www.cheknews.ca/some-towns-b...utdown-671290/ )

Fishing is the best I have ever seen it in May, with limits for 5 anglers for Chinook in only a couple hours with many lost/missed as well. We have already caught 2 Tyees, and our bigger fish don't usually start showing up till June...it's just crazy fishing out there with the most bait I've ever seen out there...squid after squid. With many less fishermen out there and many lodges closed for the season, this summer is looking like it will be one of the best for non stop action. Not to mention the fact that 4 years ago was our best Tyee year ever at the lodge...and Chinook are in 4 year cycles for the most part.

Halibut fishing and lingcod fishing has been amazing, caught 8 halibut in an hour and a bit, just fish after fish with the avg size in the 50-55lb range with a 120 lb, and two over 80 lbs released as well. Lingcod is pretty much hit bottom and jig a few times and fish on! Let me know if you have any questions and enjoy the pictures!

We are providing masks for all of our guests as well as gloves and following all the guidelines put forth by BC PHO. Rooms are being sanitized daily and every single precaution is being taken! No better place to social distance than the middle of the ocean!

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast