Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-18-2014, 10:01 PM

Default Proper way to sight in

Hey guys,

Still fairly new to bow hunting, and I just want to get your take on the proper way to sight in, as I have read several different ways.

I start out at 20 and if its shooting high or low I move the whole site. I have a 20,30,40,50 yard pin. Next I go to 30 yards, but my question is, when do you start moving the individual pins opposed to the whole site?

If I could get some input and each step on what you guys do to sight in up to 50 yards that would be great.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2014, 10:19 PM

To properly sight in your bow you sight in each pin individually, start at 20, make sure you have plenty of room below your 20 to sight in your remaining pins and then sight in each pin 30,40,50,60 or whatever distances you prefer. Each pin will be moved in order to achieve this. If you run out of room in your bracket and want additional yardage then you may need to move the bracket down and start the process again.
Just play around with it and you will get the hang of it. Good luck
Old 07-19-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyj View Post
To properly sight in your bow you sight in each pin individually, start at 20, make sure you have plenty of room below your 20 to sight in your remaining pins and then sight in each pin 30,40,50,60 or whatever distances you prefer. Each pin will be moved in order to achieve this. If you run out of room in your bracket and want additional yardage then you may need to move the bracket down and start the process again.
Just play around with it and you will get the hang of it. Good luck
Thanks Bennj.

Thats how I have been doing it so I guess I'm ok. I guess my next question is, do you ever have to move the whole site for anything? Or as long as its in a good position keep it there?
Old 07-20-2014, 05:25 PM

I personally move the whole thing to sight my 20 yard pin. That way my left and right is set and as long as your pin is in a good spot you can set the rest easily. Just move the rest of the pins up and down to set them. It is fairly easy once you have the hang of it.