Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-23-2017, 07:18 PM

X2 on the theory that north Korea is just egging the states on. China and Russia arent participating fully with the sanctions. Russia is still supplying oil. Lots of lives at stake in that little corner of the world. Hope those two can grow up, wouldn't want China and Russia involved for our sake. We wouldn't know what hit us.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:27 PM

Default Where's our Premier?

Is it just me or do the rest of you feel strangly "leader-less" in our beloved province? I can't believe how she can manage to stay out of the spotlight for months on end. Pretty sad representation of such an important and resource rich province such as ours. I hope we have learnt our lesson and this never happens again. If SpongeBob was runnin for the opposition he would get my vote, rather than continue with this nightmare that is the New Democrat Party.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
Is it just me or do the rest of you feel strangly "leader-less" in our beloved province? I can't believe how she can manage to stay out of the spotlight for months on end. Pretty sad representation of such an important and resource rich province such as ours. I hope we have learnt our lesson and this never happens again. If SpongeBob was runnin for the opposition he would get my vote, rather than continue with this nightmare that is the New Democrat Party.
Read a newspaper. Notleys been out givener! Whether you like what she says or not she's been out a lot.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Read a newspaper. Notleys been out givener! Whether you like what she says or not she's been out a lot.
I get the sense that stupid mistakes aside (farm insurance debacle a big one) that at least they have learned some lessons and try to connect with the electorate.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:41 AM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg trump_trumping.jpg (33.0 KB, 412 views)
Old 09-24-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Read a dictionary. Pretty sure "givener" ain't in there.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
What the hell does this have to do with this thread?

Do you really want Notley to speak on the situation between NK and the USA? Haven't heard anything from any other premier in this country and not much from or illustrious PM.

Is it possible our PM is gathering winter jackets to send to NK?

BW
Old 09-24-2017, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
What the hell does this have to do with this thread?

Do you really want Notley to speak on the situation between NK and the USA? Haven't heard anything from any other premier in this country and not much from or illustrious PM.

Is it possible our PM is gathering winter jackets to send to NK?

BW
im sure a large order of Canada Goose jackets will be on the way soon.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
X2 on the theory that north Korea is just egging the states on. China and Russia arent participating fully with the sanctions. Russia is still supplying oil. Lots of lives at stake in that little corner of the world. Hope those two can grow up, wouldn't want China and Russia involved for our sake. We wouldn't know what hit us.
I think we should be very weary of both China and Russia, especially Russia, it's all about money and power with Putin, he continually tests the waters with the states as well, he is truly a scary person, cold as ice, where as Kim and Trump its more like an snl skit. Whatever the outcome, war is never a good thing, we've been extremely fortunate in this part of the world where our biggest worries are having enough money to buy useless, frivolous material possessions, whereas places like N. Korea worrying about starving to death is a reality they face. I think it's a matter of time before someone comes knocking on the states door, coming to kick them off their high horse, which aint good for us do to the close proximity our neighbours to the south. How the world ever let NK get into this position is beyond me, but now he's a threat and a problem and unfortunately the options to rid the world of this threat probably ain't gonna be peaceful. They need to cut the head off the snake, I don't think the majority of NK is bad, just their leader.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:52 AM

It is an interesting game being played.

Previous administrations attempted to deal with NK using weak and porous sanctions which have failed to impede the NK nuclear ambitions.

Trump is trying a different tactic of responding to their threats of aggression with threats of aggression. This has caused increased regional instability.

Like his tactics or not, the result is that China is now being forced to engage as NK is increasingly being seen as a liability to their strategic goals of remaining the economic and military powerhouse in SE Asia and growing their global presence.

The risk of western powers threatening the integrity of China with a view to regime change is long gone - Chinese nuclear weapon development and important economic ties with the west have validated this. As such, a NK communist buffer state against the West is no longer important to them.

China has matured and is entering a new phase of global power projection. They have launched a blue water capacity (aircraft carrier), established resupply bases in Africa, and participated in joint training operations with the Russians in the Baltic Sea.

So what does China want:

1. Remain the dominant military and economic power in SE Asia
2. Use this power to ultimately resolve the Taiwan issue
3. Use this power to address numerous other regional border disputes with a view to securing regional natural resources.
4. Continued development of global power projection/engagement to ensure stability of global natural resources, growth, and pursuit of Pax-Sino.

In short...

Previous attempts to rein in NK have failed
NK is becoming a liability to China.
China does not want an increased western presence in SE Asia
Trump's tactics are forcing China to deal with NK.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:53 PM

Take the internet, twitter, out of the equation and Trump couldn't even stir up a pot of soup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tadump.jpg (52.4 KB, 109 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 09-24-2017, 01:19 PM

Lol.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Take the internet, twitter, out of the equation and Trump couldn't even stir up a pot of soup.
I've never twittereded. But lots do. In case you haven't noticed, the world runs on internet... Why take that out of the equation? That is how our world works now. What are exactly are you implying with your comment....?
Old 09-24-2017, 02:32 PM
Banned

A nuclear war is eminent. Both these idiots have said too much and because of their egos must save face by taking action. It is impossible for either to step away peacefully without looking like a total fool. The only way this will end is in war.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
I've never twittereded. But lots do. In case you haven't noticed, the world runs on internet... Why take that out of the equation? That is how our world works now. What are exactly are you implying with your comment....?
While the internet is connecting the world... not everyone is on the internet. Globally...3 billion people on the planet don't even have electricity. I'd bet they don't have internet either. I know lots of people that no not engage in the internet.

The whole world does not run on the internet. The world runs on hard work and blood, sweat and tears of dedicated people with dreams and aspirations. I don't think the internet was intended to become the basis of a society. It is foolish to think that. The internet does not make the world work. With hard work at the grassroots level the internet is a tool.

I guess I meant Trump shouldn't use the virtual world to leave comments that no one can challenge him face to face on or ask him for his reasoning on various matters. His statements may be taken out of context because of his play on words. Tweeting comments that the world questions. Your statement that you don't twitter is something millions of Americans and people around the world don't do. So the "fake" media twists everything to keep everyone in uncertain times. There is no way to have the "american dream" if the 'internetless' people aren't even included in the dream. It is all virtual dream... or rather, nightmare.

I haven't heard one reporter ask Trump how he feels about the fact that he might kill all of the new world's inhabitants, namely north americans. It won't be buffalo bones bleaching in the sun.

IMO, Donny Trump is to the internet what Howard Stern is to late night radio. Out there.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 09-24-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Hahahaha! There is atleast 2 grammatical errors in your above statement. But alas this is not the intent of the forum. Most people around here are two finger typers anyways so I'm not one to worry about formalities.

And why so quick to attack? Because you were called out on an comment? You asked for opinion. Best to stay out of the general section if you're going to turn into a big baby. And that's exactly how you are acting. Next you're probably going to threaten my dad with your dad.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:03 PM

Thumbs up 'Givener'

Quote:

Read a dictionary. Pretty sure "Givener" ain't in there.

It should be, and probably will.

It's just a matter of time!

Selkirk
Old 09-24-2017, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
It should be, and probably will.

It's just a matter of time!

Selkirk
But it is in a dictionary.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=givener
Old 09-24-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
Man these two nutcases are gonna cause world war 3! They've resorted to name calling, like really what's wrong with this picture, oh I know, that's what children do!! And both have nuclear weapons at their disposal, scary proposition indeed! I don't see a peaceful outcome, I think Trump wants to make a name for himself, and is too stubborn and pig headed to back down, while Kim is a certifiable lunatic who's had his own relatives killed, starves his people and has one of the worst hair cuts in history only second to trump!!
I don't think the Donald has real hair...just a piece if you will.
That Russian spokes person who says the Americans will not attack because they know North Korea or the PDK has Nuclear Weapons is foolish because by the same token the PDK knows the Americans have nukes too.
Diffuses both of them.
Rob
Old 09-25-2017, 12:14 PM
Banned

The US has now declared war against North Korea...... At least that's what Rocket Man said.

http://m.edmontonsun.com/2017/09/25/...on-his-country

It's a pretty chilling statement when you consider the mentally unstable source it's coming from. Kim is just itching for an excuse to use his nukes and now he has found one.

I wish the rest of the world would realize what these two idiots are capable of. This could lead to the end of mankind. When you're dealing with nukes it's not just the little pieces of land in the target area, it's world wide ecological destruction.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:20 PM
Banned

Not saying NK may be the ones to do it, but I would love to see the states get put in their place. Who the hell are they to police the world and impose their way of life everywhere? It can't go on forever. By definition, Kim Jong is a great leader. I personally believe that he is more sane than Donald Trump and much more competent in a military capability.

I would love to see WW3. I'm being serious too. This world needs a change like big time. NK, Russia, China, bye bye petro dollar and US monopoly on the world.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav_edge_308 View Post
Not saying NK may be the ones to do it, but I would love to see the states get put in their place. Who the hell are they to police the world and impose their way of life everywhere? It can't go on forever. By definition, Kim Jong is a great leader. I personally believe that he is more sane than Donald Trump and much more competent in a military capability.

I would love to see WW3. I'm being serious too. This world needs a change like big time. NK, Russia, China, bye bye petro dollar and US monopoly on the world.
wow
Old 09-25-2017, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
wow
Ya, that's putting it lightly.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post

The US has now declared war against North Korea...... At least that's what Rocket Man said. . . .

Another moot point ^ made by NK

Technically, the Korean War of the 1950's still isn't over. After all these years, there's still no peace treaty. To this day, the 'temporary' armistice is still in place, and can be scrapped at any time by either side. Officially, both sides are still "at war".

Now we wait for the response by the other knucklehead in this story

Selkirk
Old 09-25-2017, 01:04 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Well he could smack our leader around...back hand...or forehand...all at the same time as sending out another Twitter message...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by double gun View Post
It's time someone put that runt in his place - if trump is the only one with the stones to do it, so be it. However it should have been dealt with long ago.

Just my $0.02
Sure, why not. What are a few million lives worth anyways, right? Heck, why be concerned about nuclear fallout, radiation sickness, fish and water contaminated? I mean, why not go crazy, right?
Old 09-25-2017, 01:33 PM
Banned

This reminds me of what the outcome of Kim's atmospheric hydrogen bomb test will equate to.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ejNy809EKX8

Unfortunately he won't be the only one left with singed eyebrows.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:44 PM

We pulverized North Korea in the early 50's. We left them with no remaining infrastructure. After we had destroyed every school, factory and hospital, we bombed their irrigation to dust. Remember why?

North Korea has had a disarmament deal on the table for some time now. Bush and Obama both rejected it outright.

I applaude anyone willing to challenge a sick culture and a corporate oligarchy.

There is no moral high ground in the US, and there may never have been any.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Banned

it's looking good! lets all hope this happens quickly
Old 09-25-2017, 02:44 PM

Get ready for more refugees when the foo yung hits the fan