Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Your post didn't answer the question. How are you personally going to be harmed. I will open up the field to requesting 3 good examples. Maybe I haven't thought of them and they are valid.

Otherwise demanding someone live as you do is a pointless but self gratifying position once in.
How might I be harmed...
1. I'll pay higher taxes so that the government can implement this.
2. My children will be brainwashed with this crap in school, which harms them and me by extension.
3. I'll be burdened with the over-complication of many things in life as everything from government paperwork to news articles adopts non-binary genders and pronouns.

You don't think it's a big issue, but it is. They're slowly gaining linguistic territory and this is just one step in their march against everything functional, rational, and sane in our society.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
In the latter situation, yes you should care. It is a an incidence of property crime in your neighbourhood therefore it effects you. You might even be one of the rare few who actually likes his neighbour. Then it would effect you because it had a negative effect on someone you like, and that's never good.

In the former situation, really, is a technicality on a birth certificate even going to ever have a minute effect on your daily life?
Well, in this case I worry about how negatively it's going to affect the future of my children and society as a whole, just as property crime does, so I am affected and concerned. If evolution is headed this way, we're Done.

Grizz
Old 09-22-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
You lived in different times. Today being different in school is not an invitation to bully. Plus what kid will even know this fact until much older. Then do you suppose they will print posters and distribute around the school or text x to everyone?

Likely the kid will be told or notice as they mature. Ask why. Then say ok. I am a female I will make the change on my documents.

You are grossly exaggerating any bills.
Yup bullying does not happen anymore

If they are selected as X they will be raised neutral and first day of school if ever asked they will say neutral. No need for posters. Every other kid will be then asking what is neutral. Think a little deeper Sundance. This is not rocket science, its social science!
Old 09-22-2017, 07:44 AM

This is a good video. Brendan O'Neil, My beef with Millenials. Not a problem with all Millenials, just a certain few who have control over the narrative.

https://youtu.be/SW7jszRrI60
Old 09-22-2017, 08:16 AM

The light at the end of this tunnel is a train...so best to just get out of the way. 25 years ago, it would have been an issue. 50 years ago, an outrage. I even feel bad about running a bunch of dope smoking hippies out of a campground in '73....seemed like the right thing to do at the time but look how things have changed.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:12 AM

Default Biology vs. Psychology

There, I said it.

The whole point is "Male" Vs. "Female" Vs. "I refused to be stereotyped by gender, and it hurts my feelings that you do".

Simple enough, state Biological "Male" vs. "Female". THEN state Sexual Orientation: (put down Kubota Tractor for all I care).

NOW ALL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS KNOW YOU THINK YOU ARE IN SOME WAY TO BE TREATED DIFFERENTLY.

But no, lets spend countless tax dollars on this. I think we have bigger problems to deal with, but so we can move on, just add in the line to differentiate between Biology vs. Psychology.

Drewski
Old 09-22-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Got to ask yourself "who cares?".

How are you personally harmed.

If you find you can think of nothing then don't worry about it. Individuals may find they have international travel limitations.

Outside of issues they themselves may face I can think of no reason for me to spend any time on this past passive blogging out of curiosity of those freaking out.
Agree.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:56 AM

Change is hard

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
This is a good video. Brendan O'Neil, My beef with Millenials. Not a problem with all Millenials, just a certain few who have control over the narrative.

https://youtu.be/SW7jszRrI60
great video he hit the nail on the head
Old 09-22-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
Simple solution use chromosomal identifier

Mark as XX or XY or XXY etc.
I'm thinking they'll start separating sex and gender on all documentation, so birth certificates will show "Birth Sex: Male/Female" and "Gender: X" or whatever.

I don't care about adults, but I have to wonder when this gets applied to kids who haven't even hit puberty yet. Was it really the kid's choice independently, or were the parents guiding them into it? Rather than raising your kid as gender neutral until they're old enough to decide for themselves, why not just leave it as the default until they're old enough to decide otherwise, since literally like 99% of them will never do so? But then you don't get to show off your special unicorn to the other uber-progressives, I guess.

Even with teens and young adults who declare themselves non-binary or gender-fluid or whatever, I'd be curious to touch base with them 10 or 20 years later and see how many grew out of it and went back to being boring cis-gendered normies. I bet for most it's just a phase like being a goth kid or a punker.

That all being said, remember that we're talking about a very small number of squeaky wheels here. So regardless of how you feel about this, odds are it doesn't affect you whatsoever and the sky ain't falling.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
The mental health bill will affect me, cause I will be paying more taxes for that kids counselling. So yes it does affect me.

The people to blame is media and social media. People think they get a prize when they do something against the norm or bizarrely different.

Big is beautiful, ya until you loose your foot to diabetes or need a kidney transplant.

Gender neutral is giving kids a choice, ya until they choose to hang themselves after being bullied in school.

If I seen an X on my birth certificate I would think my parents were complete idiots. It would affect me greatly because I know I would have gotten half my idiocy from my mother and the other half from my father, thus making me a 100% idiot.
yes these things do affect us all as taxpayers.recently ontario health decided it would no longer fund vision testing.If you want a sex change though no problem.Thats covered!am i missing something?lol
Old 09-22-2017, 02:43 PM

Default Tribal degeneration.

Increasingly stupid..., or misguided?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-bottle?page=1

Banning cash to more tightly control a population is not new. But trying it out on the poorest, filthiest, most wretched and ignorant population on the planet is an arrogant and disdainful stretch at best.

All the politically-correct garbage which has been generated here in the last half-dozen years puts us on a downward spiral to the same ignorant destination.

Last edited by Arty; 09-22-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservativeken View Post
How might I be harmed...
1. I'll pay higher taxes so that the government can implement this.
2. My children will be brainwashed with this crap in school, which harms them and me by extension.
3. I'll be burdened with the over-complication of many things in life as everything from government paperwork to news articles adopts non-binary genders and pronouns.

You don't think it's a big issue, but it is. They're slowly gaining linguistic territory and this is just one step in their march against everything functional, rational, and sane in our society.
1. Not based in any fact. Such a small group. Zero impact. Can't see someone who stamps M or F on an application now stamping X will make more money...but with the NDP who know. Lol.

2. This is a parents choice within their family. Just like you have no right to tell them how to live their life neither would they tell you how to live yours.

3. Burdened over use of pronouns and gender names! Love that one. Definitely if blogging however try using they or you or that person and save the pain of using her, she, or undefined.

Linguistic territorial battle this? Kinda like North Korea and US. Hardly.

I applaud that you actually put down 3 ideas. Made for a nice read.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-22-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Well, in this case I worry about how negatively it's going to affect the future of my children and society as a whole, just as property crime does, so I am affected and concerned. If evolution is headed this way, we're Done.

Grizz
Listing property crime with an x on a form is like comparing algebra to Star Trek.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-22-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
Yup bullying does not happen anymore

If they are selected as X they will be raised neutral and first day of school if ever asked they will say neutral. No need for posters. Every other kid will be then asking what is neutral. Think a little deeper Sundance. This is not rocket science, its social science!
Go visit a school these days or chat with graduating high school students.

They care if you are a nice person. Not anything that seems to trigger a few here.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
The light at the end of this tunnel is a train...so best to just get out of the way. 25 years ago, it would have been an issue. 50 years ago, an outrage. I even feel bad about running a bunch of dope smoking hippies out of a campground in '73....seemed like the right thing to do at the time but look how things have changed.
And people may change again. Then who cares when it happens. Same thing. Who cares as it doesn't hurt you.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
And people may change again. Then who cares when it happens. Same thing. Who cares as it doesn't hurt you.
It is blatantly obvious to most of us here that it hurts our society. If you don't think it hurts you then either you don't care about the health and future of our society or your conception of hurt/harm is crudely limited to direct and physical effects.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:13 PM

I think the whole thing is pretty interesting.
Yah I know how I'm plumbed and for me anyway what bits mate up with what other bits.
But...

Interestingly some of the the most ardent supporters of gender neutrality seem to also be supporters of feminist ideology. If you can't ask someone what their gender is, it's pretty hard to argue for women's rights, or as the Boy Wonder loves to spout off "women's issues".... (sorry I just puked a bit in my mouth and had to swallow) or anything but "person's" rights. If we take gender out of the equation which all of these folks seem to want, it reveals feminism for what it is, just another form of sexism, and spells the end of it.
I don't think that they've thought it all the way through.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Excellent take on the matter Fur. ^^^

X then becomes a number. That's why everyone should be concerned. Numbers are impersonal digits and expendable.

If you ever wanted to be the opposite sex I guess you can do it in Canada. This gal became a man on her ID.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpZSefYvwM

Unfortunately this country has lost its way. And the corruption is so ingrained in the 'system' that there is not much hope for getting the right people voted in to manage our affairs.
I don't get the numbers argument. Sure it's not 'human', but words are just an arbitrary arrangements of letters. Numbers that aren't repeated, are in fact unique and therefor far more meaningful than words. After all you can only have so many permutations and combinations of 26 letters
Old 09-22-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Listing property crime with an x on a form is like comparing algebra to Star Trek.
lol why not both - maybe X=Klingon
With parents like that I wouldn't doubt it

Or maybe Vulcan as they're far more progressive...
Old 09-22-2017, 10:30 PM

It's threads like these that make me think of that poll asking the age of the average user. Some of your stances make a little more sense taking that into account.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
It's threads like these that make me think of that poll asking the age of the average user. Some of your stances make a little more sense taking that into account.
x2
Old 09-22-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conservativeken View Post
It is blatantly obvious to most of us here that it hurts our society. If you don't think it hurts you then either you don't care about the health and future of our society or your conception of hurt/harm is crudely limited to direct and physical effects.

You care entirely way to much about this non issue.

Societies evolve over time. Homosexuality was illegal back in the day and now it's not. Beating your wife used to be acceptable and now its' not. Modern society is just that.... modern.

Some things are better left in the past. If someone wants to stamp an "X" on their birth certificate then why not? Who are we to judge? WHO CARES?

It's like the people who are anti-abortion. WHO CARES??

Don't like the idea of getting an abortion.... don't get one! See how simple it is??

Unless you are yourself considering changing your gender on your birth certificate then why do you care so much?

Old 09-22-2017, 11:25 PM

If you are a male and want to identify as a female you have a psychological issue.
If you are a female and want to identify as a male you are equally retarded.

Personally, I could care less what people call themselves. That does not change the facts of biology.

Just don't spend my tax dollars trying to help morons who don't know what gender they are try and figure that out.

They can do that on their own dime.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:45 PM
Gone Hunting

So the new standard is ' not my rice bowl, not my problem, don't care"?

Okey Dokey, at least we know how we got into this mess.

I have some choices to make:

I'd like to be a better swimmer. Can I choose species as well as gender?

If I identify as a male black lab, would that help? Or do black labs even matter?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 09-22-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post

If I identify as a male black lab, would that help? Or do black labs even matter?
You can identify as what ever you like.

Tadpole or bullfrog - I don't care.

As long as you are not asking for my tax dollars to try and make you "normal".

I could care less.

Last edited by Buckhead; 09-22-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:29 AM

Quite frankly I find the way some of you spell considerably more offensive than the gender of some baby. If you want to scream about the downfall of civilization let's start with ... looser.... blows my mind this is still being used.

Also if your spelling warrants reading phonetically I don't care what you're saying I'm not listening.

Also it's... I couldn't care less.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post

Black, yellow, and chocolate is not allowed. You can only choose X lab. Show some sensitivity here!
Old 09-23-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Go visit a school these days or chat with graduating high school students.

They care if you are a nice person. Not anything that seems to trigger a few here.
https://education.alberta.ca/bullyin...ying-helpline/

Alberta has a bullying helpline for something that does not exist. More of tax dollars wasted...
Old 09-23-2017, 01:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy44 View Post

You care entirely way to much about this non issue.

Societies evolve over time. Homosexuality was illegal back in the day and now it's not. Beating your wife used to be acceptable and now its' not. Modern society is just that.... modern.

Some things are better left in the past. If someone wants to stamp an "X" on their birth certificate then why not? Who are we to judge? WHO CARES?

It's like the people who are anti-abortion. WHO CARES??

Don't like the idea of getting an abortion.... don't get one! See how simple it is??

Unless you are yourself considering changing your gender on your birth certificate then why do you care so much?

Yes, societies evolve over time. That evolution is brought about and directed by the people in society who take responsibility - who care - for shaping its future. Hopefully, in a healthy and successful society, that change is shaped by wise people with a broad vision that's firmly grounded in history and reality.

If unhealthy trends occur in society, hopefully wise people will step up, point them out, and weed them out.

Your message here seems to be: "societies change so just accept it and don't care about it". No thanks. I'd rather do my part to guide society and not stand by and let the ambitious progressives guide us in a direction I consider harmful and dangerous.

The message "don't care unless it harms you personally" is equally misguided. By the time it harms you personally, it's probably too late to do anything about it. Would you not care about a grizzly bear stalking you unless it mauls you? By that point you're dead.

Last edited by conservativeken; 09-23-2017 at 01:30 AM.
Closed Thread