Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-19-2017, 02:14 PM

Default Snaring seminar

The Greater Edmonton Local is getting Ross Hintner to do a snaring seminar May 6th. 10am in west Edmonton at Lloyd and Anne's shop.
I think that I can say that any ATA member is welcome and (geez it's a bad time to mention this but) there will be a cost associated. RSVP to Lloyd and please direct any questions his way or to Drake maybe. I may do all the work but those two don't tell me nuthin .

Last edited by dugh; 04-19-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:16 PM

Default Snaring Seminar

Thanks. Will call Lloyd.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:28 PM

More details....

Learn how to build and deploy modern neck snares. Learn tips and tricks to increase your catch rates. We will discuss snare line strategy and ways to improve your efficiency in the field . If the course helps you snare even 1 extra coyote you will be money ahead. Come out to network and swap tales with a group of likeminded trappers! The President of the Edmonton local has been kind enough to offer his west end shop and yard as the venue (easy access off the white mud freeway. Pm me for exact location details).

When: Saturday May 6 2017
Cost: $50 (regular price is $80)
Start: 10am
Length: 5-6 hours

Contact me via PM for more details and a registration form.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:35 AM

bumping this thread....

I encourage everyone interested in trapping to attend. No experience required. (Just remember that you will need a basic trapper course and license in order to try your new skills in the real world).

In addition to improving your skills and catch rates there might be value in having this course on your resume if the government makes "continued education" or some type of "skill enhancement" a mandatory component of trapper licensing/RFMA ownership.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:58 PM

Thanks to everyone who attended. Great turn out (22). Ross H is a great educator and his passion for trapping is inspiring! The snaring workshop is great! I encourage all the locals to invite Ross to present!
Old 05-08-2017, 07:03 AM

Yes, it was great. Ross does such a very good job. And Drake, I gotta say, you're a good secretary but good in the kitchen too. And how about some goose jerky at the next greater Edmonton meeting?