Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-07-2017, 10:52 PM

Default Elite impulse 31 or APA mamba 32 TF

Looking at both bows who owns either elite impulse 31 or APA 32 mamba TF pros and cons , I know there probably is a lot of differences , just looking for people's thoughts . Thanks
Old 04-08-2017, 08:14 AM

I like my 32 tf... but it's best to try them both....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 04-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Banned

Elite was pretty decent I shot it about 30 times very nice bow, apa looks like an abortion god there homely looking I'd go with elite
Old 04-08-2017, 12:00 PM

Looks are deceiving

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 04-08-2017, 12:08 PM

I would make sure to go look at the Apa in person before deciding. I was very excited about them on paper, I was 99% sure that's what I was going to buy - but when I went and handled some they just felt kinda cheap.

They have impressive specs, and they may be the bow for you. Sadly it was a real turn off for me. I hope they get better, as I would love to support Canadian made, but I couldn't bring myself to doing it this time around.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktricker View Post
Elite was pretty decent I shot it about 30 times very nice bow, apa looks like an abortion god there homely looking I'd go with elite
Looks are deceiving. Sometimes pretty dogs won't hunt. Once you've had the handle and the fang it's hard to get used to anything else. I tried my best last year with a Bowtech Boss but went and bought my 3rd APA.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double gun View Post
I would make sure to go look at the Apa in person before deciding. I was very excited about them on paper, I was 99% sure that's what I was going to buy - but when I went and handled some they just felt kinda cheap.

They have impressive specs, and they may be the bow for you. Sadly it was a real turn off for me. I hope they get better, as I would love to support Canadian made, but I couldn't bring myself to doing it this time around.
Cheap? Which model did you have? I have the soft touch finish on mine. Rather like it.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews z7 View Post
Looking at both bows who owns either elite impulse 31 or APA 32 mamba TF pros and cons , I know there probably is a lot of differences , just looking for people's thoughts . Thanks
Fang and handle are very practical. Don't need a press to work on these bows either. I think the draw cycle is comfortable and does not fall over a cliff into the wall.(a knock I have against some other popular brands). I have a custom 34tf with RDS and M1 cams.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:41 PM

First, let me again say that I want to like them, but how something strikes you is a very personal thing. Things that bother some, won't be noticed by others. This is not an attack on apa. I simply suggest the guy go handle them before deciding.

I don't have a problem with the soft touch finish.
I have a problem with seeing tooling marks through the finish in the cut outs. Or them using a common bolt used to prevent the cables from jumping out of the roller instead of capturing them properly - just little things like that. The $1200 bow felt like you were holding a $450 bow.

Once more, this is only my personal feeling.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:32 PM

Default Bows

Guys I am not bashing any bows I have several different models I shoot , I have been Mathews fan for a long time but switched while back and bought elite , love elite , I owned a APA M7 years ago and had lots of issues with it and sold it . But here I am wanting maybe to by another one , just like the way they shoot just don't want issues with there dual cam set up again . Normally I would shoot anything that feels good . Just checking to see if maybe someone has shot both models listed also thanks
Old 04-08-2017, 05:04 PM

I like the way the impulse feels on the shot. It's better than the M34 (very slight vibration) However, I did not like the way the draw felt with the Elite. In that regard the M34 was better.

Of course both were 34 inch ATA models. So maybe not relevant for this discussion.

Last edited by 338Bluff; 04-08-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:47 PM

Go to a good pro shop and shoot it before buying.

Was totally convinced that I would like the RPM 360 on paper...shot it and could not stand it.

I mean it's a great bow - but just not for me.

Didn't like the way to felt, too top heavy for my liking. Could not shoot it Well even at a range much less from a tree stand

Yet other rave about it....so research but then go and experience the bow first hand
Old 04-09-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
Fang and handle are very practical. Don't need a press to work on these bows either. I think the draw cycle is comfortable and does not fall over a cliff into the wall.(a knock I have against some other popular brands). I have a custom 34tf with RDS and M1 cams.
I agree with the comments above. I sold my 8-9 yr old Mamba X2 a few weeks ago and just ordered the Mamba 32TF yesterday. Much more pleasant wall on the draw cycle with the M32TF vs the older X2. I don't buy bows on looks and quite frankly I LOVE the carry handle on the APA bows - especially comfortable for spot and stock mulie hunting that I mainly do. Do I need all the tool center? No, not really, but I can overlook that part. All in all the APA are just practical.

Best advice is go try them both and form your own opinion. The only group worse than sportsmen (hunters and fishermen) for blind brand loyalty is golfers!!
Old 04-09-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktricker View Post
Real classy comment